Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:34:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: White Damage on Epics  (Read 13545 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 03:05:54 am »

Increased damage again.

Regular weapons with white damage now have another 2.5x increase in addition to previous 2.0x increase.

Halloween Weapons will be 4x more damage. They were OP anyways before and needed tweaking.

Strike Augs already were 5x damage.

Anger IV and V now 5x more damage.

Cleric Epics 3.5 - 7.0 got more weapon damage increase.

As stated before, I made all npc in the game 15% slower (haste) so that gives heal procs more time to take effect. Also this is going to be a HUGE plus for Clerics, Druids, and Shamans that cast heal spells.

Added several Pratice Dummies to nro zone. They have 100,000,000 HP, 8 Million HP Regen per second, and 3500 AC which is raid mob AC. They are non-aggro so Rogues can even parse their backstab without the mob turning around or dying.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 03:18:52 am »

Sounds like positive changes... was going to ask about a new practice dummy for parsing, good deal.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 03:44:29 am »

Thanks for the swift update hunter Smiley
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 08:13:43 am »

Were pally weap heal procs compensated for the lower delay on epics?

All npc's had a 30% decrease (or -30 haste) for melee speed. This should help with the heal procs AND be a HUGE BONUS for healers via spell casting like Clerics Group Heal, Heal of Time, etc.

It's a across the board decrease in attack speed as you were saying before you made the change. What some are asking about is did you want to consider increasing the proc mod for *only* the heal proc on epics.
Lower tiered players are complaining about deaths that did not have to content with prior to the change.
The top end players so far are not complaining (the ones I talk to. Waiting to see what the ones T6+ that I dont normally talk to say.)

I can not speak up on the healing as I run 3 healers in my group to buffer against changes like this.

Running a 4.0 Pally as my only healer in a T2-T4 mixed group in HoH and I'm not having any more trouble staying alive than I did before the changes. I'm running Zealotry I and a Sorcer charm (almost UCv1, but not quite). I do have KHH w/ 100% uptime (4.0 bard in group). I have a 4.0 Cleric with a whopping level 5 Oracle for backup and I haven't had to use him.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 10:18:16 am »

The only suggestion I would add is to beef up the Zerker procs by at least a little bit (not 10x or whatever craziness). They were pretty unique in their AE capability and I'd rather still have that even if it means taking a hit on single target white damage compared to the others.
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 10:18:37 am »

Hunter you might look into things like the poison in t1-2. Since the paladin epic won't proc as much it will take longer for people of that tier to clear the poison. Just a thought.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:05 pm »

BTW , we broke 400 online and lag looked absent hope it stays this way

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 06:23:34 pm »

The only suggestion I would add is to beef up the Zerker procs by at least a little bit (not 10x or whatever craziness). They were pretty unique in their AE capability and I'd rather still have that even if it means taking a hit on single target white damage compared to the others.

If I remember, Zerkers had their own special AoE proc on their Epics? Then yes I'd need to modify these in the spells table by seeing which spells are proc'd of Zerker epics and then x5 them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 10:29:00 pm »

If I remember, Zerkers had their own special AoE proc on their Epics? Then yes I'd need to modify these in the spells table by seeing which spells are proc'd of Zerker epics and then x5 them.

Yes, sir, that is correct. 4.0 is 10k base dmg.
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 10:33:10 pm »

4.0 also has a 15k deagro component to it.

I love all the work you've done with this Hunter!

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 11:54:39 pm »

RE: Death's Daggers - was bored and did some testing and tweaking with the source and would seem that if enough of the right buffs are stacked IV dagger backstab does hit a cap.
I have some ideas but not sure if you want to do more customization to the source and if you would be interested in them.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 11:57:49 pm »

If custom source is fixing the cap then I'd rather submit it to eqemu to update their source so we can use that rather than having to re-edit the source each time we update source from eqemu.

Hope makes sense.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:14 am »

Makes sense but only a couple of the custom servers would consider changing it.
If anything you might consider talking with akkadius since I know he has worked around damage cap before.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 02:35:34 am »

It isn't hard to change the code so it doesn't happen, but there are a lot of places that would need to change, and since very few servers have the problem it isn't something I would personally commit into the main emu code.  The servers I know about that have had the problem have just modified their own code to deal with it.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 05:50:17 pm »

I don't know how damage can overflow at 16.7M due to being a signed 32 bit integer, yet we have bosses with 100-200MHP (or probably way more in Anguish). Damage pobably just needs a variable type changed to 64 bit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 111
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)