Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:01:19 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Do you think Sk's and Pallys should get dual wield?
Yes
No
Other(explain in post)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Enable Dual Wield?  (Read 14857 times)
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 04:40:46 pm »

I'll say this, with the new changes made to the server with slower hits for bigger hits. Its much more needed I think for pally and sk to get a DW function just so the heals can be there more, my only reason I would ever go for something like this,
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »

Yeah^ I'm not a fan of waiting 2-3seconds for another combat round to be honest wish there was another way to reduce the lag and keep the old attack system
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »

I don't know about paladins, but I seem to be doing fine casting my T3 lifetap between swings. Maybe try casting Crabtwoshoes and wave of purity? You can also use Holy Zealotry instead of Crusader's Fury, and you can click your epic on yourself. It's not like you need mana for anything else as a paladin, since a UC completely negates the mana drain from Kaldar's.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:00 am »

I don't know about paladins, but I seem to be doing fine casting my T3 lifetap between swings. Maybe try casting Crabtwoshoes and wave of purity? You can also use Holy Zealotry instead of Crusader's Fury, and you can click your epic on yourself. It's not like you need mana for anything else as a paladin, since a UC completely negates the mana drain from Kaldar's.

Only time you should maybe have an issue is if you ONLY use one paladin as the only healer in a group.
Class is playing fine and has a ton of healing options. If anything give me more agro..... another topic but seriously wtf over "Hey TANK class, have negative agro on every proc because thats sooooo productive"

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 08:01:19 am »

I pointed out in another thread that the easiest way to shore up Paladin healing after the changes would be to boost the HoT component of Zealotry to make up for missed swings, but I sort of hit a wall with that argument.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
1flytrapp
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:09 am »

with the changes to weaps delay i think dual wielding epics for paly/sk is great idea my toons die alot more with the higher delay just simply not healing enough now
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 11:54:36 am »

Initially I thought, "dual wielding knights?? Thats a bigger crime against nature than a gnomish monk!" But thinking about things, keeping in mind the change to delay, this may actually be a viable solution if tweaked right. But, one caveat: no augs in the offhand epic, if thats possible. There isnt need to increase knight DPS.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:52 pm »

Initially I thought, "dual wielding knights?? Thats a bigger crime against nature than a gnomish monk!" But thinking about things, keeping in mind the change to delay, this may actually be a viable solution if tweaked right. But, one caveat: no augs in the offhand epic, if thats possible. There isnt need to increase knight DPS.

Technically speaking, yes it can be done. But it would take creating a whole new epic, same name, same stats, same procs but no aug slots on this newly created weapon to the table.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 12:12:35 pm »

That would make them too powerful since you can just put the Halloween weapon in one hand and the epic in the other. Their damage would be way overboard while keeping up with the healing too. Right now there is a trade off. If you want to have that damage, you do away with your heals, if you want to have the heals, you do away with the damage.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 12:14:27 pm »

I mean, the obvious butt-hurt solution to that would to disallow for knights to use the halloween weapon, could also just not do the DWing for paladins/sks but it does seem more reasonable of an idea now that it was way back in the day with the recent server side change to delay.
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:03 pm »

I vote : Zerker Dual Wield
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »

I vote zerker dual wield a 2h in primary and a 1h in secondary, just like pets. I heard that they could do something like that (or DW 2h's, i cant remember) but after I made mine, i was sad to learn they couldn't in fact do that.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 12:46:38 pm »

I vote:  Monks get triple wield!

Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 12:55:58 pm »

I vote:  Monks get triple wield!

Sounds kinda dirty....I like it!

Hulkmad
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 02:38:02 pm »

Because you die doesnt mean the game is broken, it means either you (a) suck (b) didnt gear out yet for the tier (c) have not charmed up (d) or finally non of the above apply and RNG just got lucky for once.

My paladin is probably the 2nd worse geared toon out of my entire set and it never dies and the only time anything in my group dies is when 7+ hit me at once.
Solution for me, pull less or rez, I choose to rez.

Your mileage may very.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)