Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 11:30:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Regarding Recent Update  (Read 18261 times)
MacofMacs

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2013, 09:24:01 pm »

I was wondering if the global weapon delay is going to be a permanent change (if it's the only fix to retire desyncs) then so be it. However, I do not speak for everyone only for my self but I am a fan of hitting fast even if it means smaller amounts of damage but same time to kill. I played a Berserker on live and had to roll a monk/rogue to take thoughts of suicide out.

It just kind of takes the excitement away from me, yeah I like seeing the mobs hp drop by 5-10% a round but I'd much rather watch the mobs hp "fly" down.

TL:DR? ~~~ Is there an alternative to reduce lag, bring orig wep speed back?
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:30:23 pm »

I think I heard something about reducing the amount of global models the server loads reducing lag. Was on a different server i'm pretty sure, though, so I'm not sure if it would help here.

The biggest way I can think of reducing lag would be to get better equipment. I'm not sure how affordable it is for hunter to get better equipment, or at least a better connection, but I'm sure the EZ population would be willing to participate in a FUNdraiser (cuz it should be fun!) Not sure what could be done for a fundraiser to upgrade equipment, but i'm sure there's people with great ideas.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:31:29 pm »

Short of converting every single aug and epic to the new giant single aug system, probably not. It's doable but adding all the combines and turnins to convert existing epics to "new" epics would be a pain in the ass.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:33:28 am »

I'll look at ways of bringing the delay down. We've already leashed PoFire and LDoN now. If I can get all the augments converted so people are proc'ing 1 aug per round rather than 3-6 augs per round then that might help too.

Our server is a bit different from other servers which could account for some of the lag, with super haste, low delay weapons, with 3-4 augs in each, we're simply spamming more than other servers in combat.

So far removing trivia bot, trains, and short delay seems to have had a major affect on lag. Now to see what else we can change and tweak delay.

Enjoy the less lag for now, and I'll continue looking at ideas. The tweaks are not finished yet.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:57:46 am »

YOUR global load file has jack all to do with the server lag.
It does fuck with your video lag tho.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
1flytrapp
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:52 am »

pls lower the weap delay my paladin cant keep up with the heals now
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:13 am »

Thank you for the quick response Hunter

edit: i do love the non desync game style btw (=
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:04:18 pm by MacofMacs » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:30 am »

I have to agree with Fly about pally procs. Typically anymore I use a cleric for heals (thanks T5) but last night I had a slap together group with mostly DPS and just a pally for heals in T3/5....and my pally wasnt healing for sheet. Dont know what the solution might be....but I have to state emphatically that I like the higher delay solution so far, with that one exception.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:22 pm »

I am a big fan of combining augs and moving to just one slot on each epic. 1 ninja that has the power of current ninja plus 2 ice, 1 ice that has the power of 3, and one fire that has the power of 3. As for keeping people from having a 2.0 with an ninja strike 8, make the different levels of augs be different aug slots and do the same with the epics. Examples below.

Code:
Augs
All augs Mainhand, Offhand, Ranged, Weapon Only
NS I       Slot type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
NS II      Slot type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
NS III     Slot type 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
NS IV      Slot type 2, 3 ,4, 5, 6, 7
NS V       Slot type 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
NS VI      Slot type 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
NS VII     Slot type 4, 5, 6, 7
NS VIII    Slot type 5, 6, 7
NS IX      Slot type 6, 7

Epics
1.0        Slot type 1
1.5        Slot type 1
2.0        Slot type 2
2.5        Slot type 2
3.0        Slot type 3
3.5        Slot type 3
4.0        Slot type 4
4.5        Slot type 4
5.0        Slot type 5
5.5        Slot type 5
6.0        Slot type 6
6.5        Slot type 6
7.0        Slot type 7

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 12:12:54 pm »

Honestly, if someone with a 2.0 can afford a NS8 they deserve to be able to use it lol assuming they are new to the server, if they aren't - then the 2.0 will probably be replaced within minutes of it being obtained. I do get what your saying, in a different kind of way, but at the same time, if people can afford to make it or purchase it from another, then so be it
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:41 pm »

If Hunter has no problem with it then so be it. But if he did have a problem with it I wanted to have a suggestion for that.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 12:16:47 pm »

Understandable, always good to throw ideas at him to think about for the future, which is what a lot of posts around here have been like past few days. Sure he's seen A LOT of feedback lately lol
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »

Kraken and Tempest, and some others, could use a look at after delay changes are finished. (unless they revert all the way).
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 03:35:43 pm »

pls lower the weap delay my paladin cant keep up with the heals now

Aug damage was increased but epic procs stayed the same damage. It affects SK epic lifetaps too, but remember that he lowered mob haste as well so mobs do less DPS than they once did.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 03:42:30 pm »

Slower mob swings should compensate for SK/Paladin procs AND make all casters more powerful with more time to cast heals n nukes.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061