Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:21:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Different way to approach said resists...  (Read 8144 times)
Evever

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »

Alrighty so, I had an idea that a few people said I should post here for you Hunter;

Now bare with me here you want people to not resist Fear//Blind//Root, etc... Why not make a clicky item that you do a quest for... The quest could be located in The Overthere if you so wish even, doesn't truly matter, but people have constantly complained about getting rooted by grays without a even slight chance of resist...

So, as I was saying, a clicky item that reduces targets magic resist by -1000 like you have in effect now, I think it'd be better....
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:53:13 pm »

That would be possible.

I think it would increase Ninjastrike damage as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:02:08 pm »

That would be possible.

Woot +1 yeah this would also recover all the other "fun" that is going on PvE style

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 06:14:59 pm »

That would be possible.

Woot +1 yeah this would also recover all the other "fun" that is going on PvE style

I don't know about you guys, but I really love being rooted and mana drained in HOH constantly now.
Evever

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:49 pm »

Hmm it might.... Couldn't you change Ninjastrike to work differently? I'm not sure how you'd do it... but I honestly think the clicky is a better idea then getting rooted, mana drained, feared, etc. 24/7... =P
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:38:28 pm »

Change ninjastike to poision resist or something like that if it is a problem.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:47:45 pm »

Hmm it might.... Couldn't you change Ninjastrike to work differently? I'm not sure how you'd do it... but I honestly think the clicky is a better idea then getting rooted, mana drained, feared, etc. 24/7... =P

I think part of the problem is that we were all nearly immune to it before. Now that they are actually landing, those rounding mobs up are noticing it.

Change ninjastike to poision resist or something like that if it is a problem.

Please no.

Code:
#define SE_SpellResistReduction                 126 // implemented
Effectid = 126, effect_base_value = 1000, duration 36 seconds, undispellable. Go?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 10:55:00 pm »

Enemy resists don't really affect the damage of augs, unless you are fighting an enemy with like 1500 resists or something (The augs are -1000?)

Likewise, the line of spells for bards/shamans/whatever that hate added really don't actually do anything because a) Resists are capped, b) even if they were, most custom spells are unresistable, and c) The only enemy spells that actually do noticeable damage are the various poisons, which are instantly cured by like 2 paladin swings. Even if the DoTs weren't instantly curable, resistances don't actually reduce damage from a DoT that has already landed on you.
xelurasu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 12:42:04 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something but why can't there be a trigger for the pvp zone that adds the debuff in question only when you're there? Seems like you add a column to the character table that is switched on, to 1, when you're in the zone. This column is checked to see if it is set to 1 then you get the debuff. Zoning out on purpose or by ranger gate will set the column back to 0 and the debuff will be gone.

Is this not viable?

Wojjelok
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 01:59:33 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something but why can't there be a trigger for the pvp zone that adds the debuff in question only when you're there? Seems like you add a column to the character table that is switched on, to 1, when you're in the zone. This column is checked to see if it is set to 1 then you get the debuff. Zoning out on purpose or by ranger gate will set the column back to 0 and the debuff will be gone.

Is this not viable?

Wojjelok

nice idea

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 02:45:57 pm »

Enemy resists don't really affect the damage of augs, unless you are fighting an enemy with like 1500 resists or something (The augs are -1000?)

Likewise, the line of spells for bards/shamans/whatever that hate added really don't actually do anything because a) Resists are capped, b) even if they were, most custom spells are unresistable, and c) The only enemy spells that actually do noticeable damage are the various poisons, which are instantly cured by like 2 paladin swings. Even if the DoTs weren't instantly curable, resistances don't actually reduce damage from a DoT that has already landed on you.

Hehe could also be because the effect is somewhat broken. The resist buff was just a filler so they would stack properly. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 07:17:20 pm »

If we're talking zonewide debuffs, just move the PVP zone to Uqua and call it a day Tongue
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 11:40:28 pm »

I think I may have seen "pvp resist" some where, possible in spell file.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061