Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:08:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Waypoints (Merged)  (Read 52898 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »

Also mentioned in /ooc last night about a 1 hour cooldown of same instance creation

This shouldn't even be on the table as acceptable lets not even bring stuff like this up.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 03:28:58 pm »

...It has been replaced with an item that can make an instance in some places, but not others...

Forgive my ignorance, I haven't been on in a few days but what zones can we not create instances in?

Hulkmad
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 03:38:10 pm »

I have to agree.  I was very close to buying a FWP, but now ill have to re-think it.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 03:45:13 pm »

No instances? Wow, not for me then. I play games for fun, not for the headaches. The population of the server is too high and that zone is too small. I am glad it is not a zone needed for progression.

jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 04:06:17 pm »

If there any way to make it like the LDoN Stone of Descent turn in guy where after getting one stone from your group he teleports everybody to the next level?  Why not have everybody in zone who is eligible teleport to the instance automatically after creating it on the character with the wp?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »

Just waking up here, got a lot of post and emails to read.

Been working all day for 5 days strait on ToFS. At some points I was looking at the Instance code and trying to fix it as intended. Only reason I'm not allowing free instances yet in ToFS is cause its still new.

I just reverted the Free Waypoint back to the way it was where anyone can create instances from it. Also allowed in ToFS.

I realize some people are probably going to train ToFS in private instances which might lead to mobs getting leashed, esp if server starts lagging.

Players need to calm down a bit more. I already stated that Waypoint Instances were not final yet. I was still working on them.

Will update more later, again just woke up here.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 04:53:59 pm »

I think this WP thing is leaving a bad taste everywhere.

I'm not completely sure I understand why change was needed.

The only real issue I see as a bad stain is for people that bought the FWP and placed it on a pet class toon, that is a super, super PITA

basically as it stands right now the FWP is used to make a guild instance then another toon uses a WP to zone everyone in with, basically we are able to do the SAME EXACT THING as we could, but now its an inconvenience of having to make the 2nd one, and zone in. Basically that's not a problem, but it is being used the exact same way as the FWP was being used 3 days ago, so why the change?

if the point is for the owner to be the only one to be able to use the FWP then this has not fixed that and if that is the goal then everyone who purchased a FWP should be allowed to sell it back and rethink their purchase. If I go to best buy and buy a TV that displays HDTV and that's the only reason I bought said TV, I get it home and it suddenly doesn't display in HDTV I'm taking that sucker back and screaming at someone until I get another TV that can display HDTV or I'm getting my money back and go buy another TV that can. See what I'm saying?

The whole idea is to create an instance where all of your characters can play in and your guild has access to for raiding purposes. If these changes are meant to negate that then ok, we will deal with it, but the people that bought it under those working conditions to begin with are being robbed of what they bought.

so again, I'm still confused as to what the intended purpose of the changes are for? to limit the number of instances? unfair use of instances to farm items quicker than intended? No plat coming off the server for use?

I'm not seeing the advantage of buying a FWP if it changes to an owner use only. with current changes though it is still viable and we are able to use it for what we have been using it for, its just a little more of a pain now.

in the end, public zones are great and all, but deep down no one really wants to deal with headaches of KS'ing, ninja looting, running for the same mob, having to wait for something (ie: turn in to spawn mobs) people just want to farm their gear, help their friends/guild, noobies, whatever.

Honestly for new people, how many have gotten geared off of older toons farming for essences? LOADS!

Only thing I never really liked about the FWP was it being tied to guild, so you have to drop your GT and get invite to join someone else's raid to grab rotting gear or gear being sold, etc.

I always thought the FWP should rather be tied to Raid, if youre in the raid you can zone in, and not have to drop your guild tag. Its a real pain if youre a guild officer and have to drop tag to get something. If it were tied to raid, just get raid invite and come in, same purpose, only those you choose to be in your raid can zone in, same as guild, just don't have to switch tags to do it /shrug

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 05:03:20 pm »

I'll also change the pet back for FWP to be a swarm x1 300sec type so that pet classes can summon it even if they have a pet up. Effective after reboot.

After we revamp the waypoint code some, I'll see if we can get other stuff on FWP too like group and raids. That'll come later.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 05:34:37 pm »

I've seen people selling the use of their FWP in zones where the cost is higher. Only thing I can think of.

Hulkmad
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »

I've seen people selling the use of their FWP in zones where the cost is higher. Only thing I can think of.

Like buying a free waypoint in t6 for 100k instead of paying the 250k lol
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 07:12:46 pm »

Didn't realize people were doing that. Sort of a win-win all the way around I guess.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »

Plane of Dragons a bit expensive today  Tongue
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »

Runnin a server is 'spensive, Precious.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 04:31:53 am »

I have custom instance code in nro zone via player.pl

This means you can type 'instance' from regular say chat and get a menu for creating/entering instances.

This works without having a waypoint pet up!

You still need to give plat to a waypoint pet for a credit balance.

I used the code from Akkadius and modified it some.

It won't zone you immediately when you create an instance. First you create, then you choose when to enter.

So far we have solo and guild working.

Not sure if I'm going to do group.

Attempting to write up a custom raid instance via typing "invite <player name>" but its not available yet for testing.

If all goes well, then might move the code over to global_player.pl so it would affect every zone instead of just nro.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 05:42:23 am »

I have custom instance code in nro zone via player.pl

This means you can type 'instance' from regular say chat and get a menu for creating/entering instances.

This works without having a waypoint pet up!

You still need to give plat to a waypoint pet for a credit balance.

This is either broke, or does not work...tested right after reboot in TACVI. The say instance does not respond to the code, and waypoint also says it will only work for the real owner when using a WP bought for 1m, haven't tested it on a FWP maker.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439