Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:45:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Update 03-05-13  (Read 7002 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »

Regular Waypoint changed back to original pet type, so a pet class with pet up can still spawn a Waypoint pet.

Still need to re-write instance code.

Maybe even make it different types allowed such as Guild Only. Would consider allowing solo as well. Group seems not really needed since you can do Guilds anyways. Might work in raids though. Maybe revamp instance credit system. Haven't started on anything yet. Biggest issue I guess is credits vanishing (so only add credit you plan to use right away) and instances vanishing. I've seen when players spam instances for the same zone, then they are assigned many different instance ids for that one zone, which needs to get cleaned up via event/function or something. Also noticed the same Waypoint pet will see qglobals in public zones (such as your waypoint credit balance) but not see it when your in an instance. Need to figure out why, etc.

With global_player.pl we can now essentially have waypoints without pets, just like we had Trivia were we can just type in say a command to bring up menus etc. This might resolve pets not seeing qglobals sometimes, not sure why they bug out even when qglobals = 1. For free waypoints, would still probably check if hasitem free waypoint for price to be 0, etc.

Hope makes sense Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:29:21 am »

Sounds kinda slick. Though the ability to /bcaa //say enter guild instance is  pretty useful. Not sure if there will be an easy way to get all your toons into the instance quickly

Hulkmad
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:08:24 am »

Awesome work!

Is this something that will be available to everyone, or is a check hasitem for the vendor bought waypoint going to be required?  1 Mill plat isnt a lot for some, but a good sum for others that have invested in the waypoint.

Just a thought =-)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:05 am »

Will probably be required to have the item just to use.

After all, need a way point to give your plats too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »

On a somewhat related note.  The last few nights I have popped a Guild instance, and the next night that instance is no longer still up.  It seemed like the instances should last 3 days.  Am I incorrect in that thinking?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 10:23:02 pm »

For the nro zone? No, its shorter time for now. Prices and Duration will adjust when goes live to all zones.

Regular Waypoint and Free Waypoint should be normal times though.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 10:53:19 pm »

This was happening in Qvic.  I even logged my monk in the instance last night.  When I logged back in today it said that the instance had 2 days remaining, but none of my guilded toons outside the instance could enter.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 11:47:16 pm »

Hopefully we can get waypoints revamped to work good.

Not sure what is causing the problem. Maybe when your guildies try to enter, they or their waypoint pet wasn't able to see the qglobal that tells which instance id is assigned too.

I know using DBI would be a LOT more accurate but with hundreds of people creating/entering instance could create a lot of server lag on the db.

Still working on some new waypoint code in Nro using just qglobals right now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 09:53:56 am »

You could make it so that the new check has item text based waypoint creator does what you want it to do but leave the pet WPs for people with 18 toons and only a few have the item. Unless you want us to spend am extra 17 mill to zone the alts around which is really nbd. At least maybe the waypoint pet only has the option to allow players to enter but not create.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 12:21:01 pm »

I dumped what I had on to my file server.

Found here: http://hateborne.com/?directory=.%2Fezserver%2Fdebug%2F
Direct Link: http://hateborne.com/ezserver/debug/Incomplete%20Instances.zip

I don't have the hours needed to sit down and debug it right now. :-(

Sorry gents.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 12:37:02 pm »