Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:50:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: UW and essances  (Read 32624 times)
red2

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:38:02 pm »

So essences price have sky rocketed, and essence/Aug availability to lower tier players is nearly zero.  i have a possible way to correct this. Add something nodrop ( similar to charms in hoh) in all the places a essence would drop ( so an essence and new thing could drop). then give like a week for people to trade in essence for new thing. This would:
Not affect t5+ people in anyway farming for UW
Drop essence price back to sane levels and availability
Aug availability possibly back to normal
Not cockblock qvic-t4 players from even/ever getting augs
Make UW that much more Ultimate, as that person would need to farm more/most of it ( like UC)
Bring world peace, drop co2 emissions, lower gas prices, and lower the unemployment rate10%.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:36:08 pm »

Nobody is cock blocking you from going out and farming. If anything due the increased value, you could get rich now!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:48:36 pm »

You can still farm your essences just as easily as before, (with an exception of tacvi but increased in t1 and t2). Yeah, you can't farm stuff that is above your tier but you couldn't do that before either. And yes, the price of essences and augs have gone up considerably but that does mean you can sell the ones you are able to farm for considerably more to buy the ones you can't farm that are higher now. The two balance each other out. There are still ways to get augs, you just have to do it differently than before.

red2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:56:09 pm »

it in the sense that before, a dragon major was 200k, not if you can even get someone to sell it, its 500-600k. and tacvi was 30-50k, now , i saw someone buy 2 for a mill plat a few days ago. at those rates how is someone breaking into t1 going to make their augs for a 6man?

the idea was to come up with a way to not affect the people hunting for UW, and stabilize the market. A few months ago people were auctioning augs/essences all day long, now all it is wtb...

i have a FWP. i managed 6 tacvi essence before "the change". did 30 rounds the other day, got lucky and got 1. how would a normal grp with no FWP looking for essence needing to spend 30*25 hours just for that that 1 type of essence seem normal? they could UC a toon or 3 in that time.

the whole thing has just crippled the market.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:26:33 am »

Normally it would not take anyone 30 clears of tacvi to get one essence. Considering tacvi essences before the UW had a very poor value, (ie, could hardly give them away) and now you can sell them for about what you are saying is 500k each it sounds like that is a very good way of buying essence from higher tiers. That's actually a plus considering before the UW you could not sell enough tacvi essences to buy dminor and dmajor. If anything it has gotten easier on the new buy because the essences they are able to farm (qvic and tacvi) now have value whereas before they didn't.

jstraw101
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:36:21 am »

Is there a typo in the Tacvi percent to drop rate?  Maybe a decimal point off ( like Office Space?)    I've heard from numerous sources that its taking 20-30 clears to get 1 tacvi essence.     8 bosses in tacvi  x 20 = 160    so that is < 1% drop rate. 

I've not tested this myself but have heard from numerous sources, including this post that it is taking 20+ clears for 1 essence.

Peign
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 12:44:49 am »

I am not going to pick sides, but I must point out that /auction is basically non existent. No one can afford to buy anything and no one wants to sell anything. What is pissing me off is noobs are not even selling HoH tokens. Peign won't even sell to me, because there was more value in trade to him over the plat I was offering.

The new market is most definitely "do it yourself." My plat holds value only to the crafters merchant.

Up HoH token rate so I can blow some plat on them!

While I am here... /auction Wtb HoH tokens
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 01:26:37 am »

In Tacvi each boss has higher and higher drop rate, for a total of I think 11-15% drop rate. Forgot the actual amounts, but thats aprox how I did it. So that might be 6-9 clears average to get 1 essence? People should be able to get their strike augs in a reasonable time, and UW players will take longer. At least there is no trash farming or clearing, just hit the bosses and win. I'm sure high level players spam instances, attack the final boss drawing aggro of all the bosses, and clear the zone every few minutes.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
red2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 02:49:40 pm »

I must amend my prior statements a bit. Over the last week or 2, i have been in Tacvi briefly a few times. 2 instances come to mind. first went just to look for essences, went about 6 instances in, got 1 essence from first instance only. was happy to get anything. later, was doing gear for someone, did maybe 5 instances, and got essence of 2nd or 3rd one in. again happy. Have been meaning to do 100 instances all together to see a more well-rounded rng distribution.
Peign
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »

Thats refreshing news.   Perhaps the drop rate is not as bad as it was being perceived?

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 05:48:12 pm »

I dunno, I've done close to 30, like 5 here 10 here etc. and i have only gotten 1.

Keeze
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 07:16:28 pm »

Did 20 yesterday and got 3

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 09:45:29 pm »

That's a 1.9% drop rate
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:35 pm »

That's a 1.9% drop rate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »

Not sure where you are getting 1.9%. 3 essences out of 20 runs is 15%. But 20 is hardly enough to get an accurate rate.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:15:01 pm by Xiggie AKA Stone » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678