Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:50:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: UW and essances  (Read 32604 times)
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 03:07:24 pm »

There are 3 types of instance too, solo, guild, raid.

Yes i know there are 3 types of instance.  That is why i'm asking for a reduction of the deletion timer.  So i pop a solo instance, full clear of tacvi 2 min, then i pop a raid instance 2min for full clear, then i pop a guild instance 2 min for full clear.  With the instance deletion timer set to 10 min or 600 sec, i have to wait 4 min just to delete the solo instance i first created in order to start the process over again.  Can we reduce the deletion timer from 10 min or 600 sec to 5 min or 300 sec?  This way we aren't stuck waiting a full 4 min just to start the process over again.

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »

Or.....make the item needed for the UW separate from the item needed for augs/necks/etc.

that's what I said, as have others.

why not Rageful? what's the difference between farming for 6 months in ToFS for the UW or farming in progression zones for 6 months? it will keep people from farming it until later in the game thus keep the numbers of players with a UW down while not affecting normal player progression.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 04:20:40 pm »

Relegating drop chance for UW stuff down to 1% in a zone that is harder to do than the zone it is replacing would make the UW 10x as hard. The part people are having the most trouble with essences is Tacvi. How about increase the chance for tacvi essences and then proportionally increase the cost for tacvi essences for the UW. If the chance tacvi ess to drop is bumped by 25% then up the cost of the tacvi ess for UW by 25%. It is the easiest, fastest and fairest fix.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »

Because Xiggie wants to farm t5 task for his second group while wokring on UW7

Because PlayerX wants to finish some UC's while farming HoH tokens

Because I want to farm UCv2's while I work on UW8

Because working on all UW ranks in one zone is fucking stupid
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 04:45:07 pm »

I'll give Tacvi a small bump soon on essence chances.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 12:34:09 am »

I guess it's good as long as the increased drop rate doesn't flood the market like it previously did wouldn't really be fair to the ppl that spent day's or week's farming tacvi at the reduced rate's why not reduce the higher essence's if u want to really limit the uw rate's such as give a alt drop for wraith and not a 100 percent drop rate for a loping essence or get rid of the 100 percent drop chance for omm and reduce the t6 essence's  that way it would slow nearly all the server down and not just a few
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:16:30 am by jamey0181 » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 01:02:15 am »

I guess it's good as long as the increased drop rate doesn't flood the market like it previously did wouldn't really be fair to the ppl that spent day's or week's farming tacvi at the reduced rate's why not reduce the higher essence's if u want to really limit the uw rate's such as give a alt drop for wraith and not a 100 percent drop rate for a loping essence or get rid of the 100 percent drop chance for oom and reduce the t6 essence's  that way it would slow nearly all the server down and not just a few

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 02:49:13 am »

My lord, not one occurrence of punctuation in that blob you called a post. You sorta sicken me, good day!
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 09:38:06 am »

thought this was suitable
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 10:05:10 am »

I really don't think the constant essence constriction needs to continue. It's already a fairly uphill battle for those players that are entrenched (so to speak, with high powered box groups). For a new player, they have to drop 1mil for crafting book, drop 1mil for waypoint, farm for literal days to get essences from any zone (more if they are all aug users in their main group), and then contend with the constantly shrinking essence drop chances because the UW (supposedly intended as another EXTREME high end item) is directly affecting drop chances (which means it effects ALL players).

tl;dr - Please don't screw the bulk of us just because a few players saved up for over a year and got an end game item day one.

-Hate

Couldnt you leave the high times on instances, and implement a feature from the way point that lets you repop the zone?  I cant imagine that is hugely resource intensive, but im just throwing out ideas here lol.

Can give it a similar cost/reuse time to creating an instance to limit it.

Just a thought...
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 10:16:07 am »

Hunter, This may be unpopular or something that you don't want to do/see a need for but have you thought about changing all current essences to 10 essence tokens, increasing drop rate of essences x 10, having the essences combine in the magic box to make tokens of 10, requiring the 10 essence tokens for augs (1 for IS, 2 for NS/FS), having the credit store sell 10 essence tokens (thus keeping the price the same) and 100+ of the tokens for each level of UW?

Things would still require the same amount of time to farm such as an individual aug or UW level but it would make essences more common thus creating more of a market. Guaranteed drops such as OOM could just drop the token. It would allow you to micromanage the speed at which certain items are obtained aka maybe the UW would be 1000 qvic essences (aka 100 x 10 essence tokens), 1000 tacvi, 1050 (105x10 essence tokens) gods minor etc. You could make a certain level take just a bit longer but players would feel like they were able to make small gains vs going multiple instances without essence drops.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:44:17 am by Ybik » Logged
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 12:34:11 pm »

Essences have been made slightly harder to obtain because Hunter wants it that way...

Stop trying to figure out ways to replace them, or ways to increase the drop rate because you don't think that's fair.  Live with it and adapt.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:01 pm »

Essences have been made slightly harder to obtain because Hunter wants it that way...

Stop trying to figure out ways to replace them, or ways to increase the drop rate because you don't think that's fair.  Live with it and adapt.

I think that's just a trademark of MMO players. If a faucet leaks, REBUILD THE NEIGHBORHOOD! 

We're all guilty of it. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 02:10:35 pm »

If you would actually read my post Broklyn, I wasn't trying to make anything faster and never said something "wasn't fair". I was simply trying to come up with a way to help build the server economy.

If you make something 10x the current requirement but increase the drop rate x10, guess what...it takes the same amount of time to obtain its just done in smaller chunks. Its always nice to be ridiculed for trying to improve the server. Thanks I appreciate it.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 02:17:16 pm »

What you were suggesting would not have stimulated the server at all. It would have made no difference. The ridicule was probably because, well, I know myself was left scratching my head wondering wtf I had just read.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)