Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:11:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Any Class Feeling Under-Used?  (Read 19403 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 12:32:40 am »

Gathered from OOC tonight that enchanter could still use a bit of love. After looking into it a bit more, I found a few things that might work out for EZ.

I also found that the druid still feels a bit awkward. They are a jack of all trades, but possibly too much so. Hopefully this will be remedied soon. Looking at a few options to slightly up their offensive capabilities, but not drastically so.

Shaman should be in a good spot once these next few spells go live. Maybe a short duration "battle buff", but not sure what else.

I will double check notes on pets to see if beastlord pets are really exceptionally weak or if there is some other culprit.

If anyone else has anything, PLEASE throw it out there soon or email me (hateborne@gmail.com) with it. I will be locking this thread in another day or two in order to prevent it from becoming the standard, derailed, pissing match. :-D

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 01:01:40 am »

Hmm, is it rampaging bosses? (basically pets killing themselves?)

I run all the pet classes and the BST pet has this nasty positioning issue that you really have to micro manage.  Since the casters remain in the back row during combat their pets run back to them but the BST stays up with the other melee so.... when you pull another group on top of your melee toons there is the BST pet taking it in the teeth.  

The workaround is to pull well past the melee toons and let them attack from behind (as per the norm), but especially critical when there is a BST pet present.  Bst pets do die more often than the others, but it's from frontal ramp damage.  Proper positioning works.

Encs vamp thunder has a proc boost in it that lasts a few seconds then... wears off.   Run that proc up to a few minutes (ala Kraken) and they would be semi useful.  I use mine as a place holder in T5/T6 and never bothered to get him his T6 bits.  Or, maybe have them spawn a vendor pet or have those dopplegangers cast Glacial Gift Wink

More top end DoTs for necros would be nice.  I only have one that seems sort of useful atm... haven't seen one in T7 yet so I don't know if  there is one there yet or not so it could just be RNG in T6/7 that have me asking for more?  The one I did get from T6 was Shackles (snare dot?)... useless on mobs immune to changes in run speed?  Dunno... never tried it.

I like what you did with Shamen.  3 very useful DoTs + Malo makes them worth more than a Kraken bot.

Druids are OK.  2 useful DoTs and a nuke + Regen.  Drake skin is useless for my purposes so if you can remove/seriously lower that recast restriction it would be a boon to that class.  Once you break in a new zone and get your tank out fitted the Druid goes back in the bag as he has nothing to offer that other classes don't exceed.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 03:54:11 am »

What about a type of gate spell target enemy to force them to return to their spawn point?

Also would be probably ok to edit current charm/mez spells to allow higher levells, although might not allow on certain bosses via specialattak

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 11:42:15 am »

IIRC ... Bard song Highsun was the one that returned a mob to bind and while it was a fun spell to play with it really did not meet the raid spec that we live by here.  It was more of a HOLY SHIT ... get out of death card for the solo bard that I seldom ever memmed.  Here (IMHO) we want those mobs on us.  If it was a PBAOE that sent those T7 ambush mobs back to Neverland (and the trader counter still remained) it would be HUGE.

On Charm... If Dire Charm worked (Druid and Enc) that would be awesome.  I played Bard and Enc and on raids would "occasionally" grab one to charm and use when returning to lower level content, but the workload to maintain the pet was counter productive in most all respects.

On Mez... another workload intense spell that is great for a first person Enc.  There are AE Mez spells as well, and while they often result in a dead ENC at some point I can see where they would be very useful in T6.  AE Mez + Tash + Single (Long duration) Mez.

Great ideas.  I never thought we would see Charm/Mez return.  Huzzah!
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 11:52:51 am »

Encs vamp thunder has a proc boost in it that lasts a few seconds then... wears off.   Run that proc up to a few minutes (ala Kraken) and they would be semi useful.  I use mine as a place holder in T5/T6 and never bothered to get him his T6 bits.  Or, maybe have them spawn a vendor pet or have those dopplegangers cast Glacial Gift Wink

Proc that lasts a few seconds? Do you mean Gift of Force (+crit% for ~22sec)?

Ancient: Vampiric Thunder lasts several hours currently.

More top end DoTs for necros would be nice.  I only have one that seems sort of useful atm... haven't seen one in T7 yet so I don't know if  there is one there yet or not so it could just be RNG in T6/7 that have me asking for more?  The one I did get from T6 was Shackles (snare dot?)... useless on mobs immune to changes in run speed?  Dunno... never tried it.

You would be surprised how many mobs AREN'T movement speed immune. That's why I wrote them. :-)

The spells are staggered intentionally so it feels more like the old EQ (in terms of drop rates). The spells + pet should do some heavy damage. I will admit that some of the powerhouse groups instagib mobs, that really isn't something that can be fixed. However, not every class will be 100% utilized during 100% of the play session (looking at my wizard army and manaburning boss... *sadface*).

Lastly, if you only got that one spell...you've got three more to go. From my info: you lack "Avatar of Undeath", "Cloak of the Night III", and "Insinuations of Mori III". I would HIGHLY recommend you find Mori.

I like what you did with Shamen.  3 very useful DoTs + Malo makes them worth more than a Kraken bot.

Thank you, but shaman aren't done yet. Hopefully lower end melee proc on epic and two small group heals (think lesser Word of Viv without cure).

Druids are OK.  2 useful DoTs and a nuke + Regen.  Drake skin is useless for my purposes so if you can remove/seriously lower that recast restriction it would be a boon to that class.  Once you break in a new zone and get your tank out fitted the Druid goes back in the bag as he has nothing to offer that other classes don't exceed.

It does look like the duration may be incorrect actually, but the cooldown is really fine in my humble opinion. Supposed to be ~15-16 second up time with 30 second recast.

Hopefully with the addition of the druid/shaman aoe heal whenever the bossman makes the changes, the druids should be VERY worthy of their spot. Since their HoTs + group heal + situationals + DoTs  should be ok for new or on-par players. I admit that once you are taking ~5sec or less for fight, they possibly seem less useful. I am not in favor of turning every class into a death ray to help instagib everything (but that is another discussion for another thread). As I mentioned above, I will possibly up their offensive end shortly. Not sure how much or how so, which means no definitely answers yet.

Thank you for the input Kwai. :-D

Anyone have anything else? Likely locking thread tonight (~12h from now), so post or email today pleeeeease.

-Hate

Digz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 01:34:27 pm »

i remember there being a pretty good conversation in ooc a while back about the rogue epics all having the same backstab mod from the 2.5+, was this intended?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 01:39:12 pm »

The mod from my understanding may be a maximum value if memory serves. Either that or the value broke past it (say max value is +100, but we have +500; anything over 100 is useless).

Either way, the click effect on the backstab does some horrifying bonus on backstab as it is. :-)

-Hate

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 01:50:11 pm »

I gave up on BST pet. Cant use the necklace anymore, and the buff is pretty much meaningless. This is with setting pet on the mobs ass. Pet still dies all too often from area damage. My BST has a BU weapon, so I sometimes use him for melee dps, but I dont even bother with the pet anymore. Worthless.

Completely delayed response, the necklace cannot be traded directly to the pet. It can be traded to the owner (and then to their pet). If the necklace has been made NO DROP, then that will need to be fixed.

-Hate

Digz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 02:09:24 pm »

The mod from my understanding may be a maximum value if memory serves. Either that or the value broke past it (say max value is +100, but we have +500; anything over 100 is useless).

Either way, the click effect on the backstab does some horrifying bonus on backstab as it is. :-)

-Hate

yeah, rogues are still up there with monks. i was asking more out of curiosity then anything.

black unicorn wep has what, 2500 bs dmg on it? so thats pretty much useless then? god id hate to see that dagger if the mod actually worked!
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 02:18:10 pm »

heres something for you hate. My zerker's T1 boots nexus clicky don't work, its listed as Nexus Gate (unknown activation), when i click it, it will start to cast but nothing will happen afterwards and ill have to relog since it wont let me click anything or move.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 02:25:13 pm »

heres something for you hate. My zerker's T1 boots nexus clicky don't work, its listed as Nexus Gate (unknown activation), when i click it, it will start to cast but nothing will happen afterwards and ill have to relog since it wont let me click anything or move.

Noted, I'll check them when I get home tonight. Can you give me the item id for them? :-D

-Hate

Digz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 02:28:53 pm »

Peign
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 03:00:57 pm »

Ok,  clearly SK needs a 100% SW spell plus a proc that gives the uber BU dps. 

In all seriousness,  how about an increase in duration on the One Man Band   Bard  5.0?

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »

Ok,  clearly SK needs a 100% SW spell plus a proc that gives the uber BU dps. 

In all seriousness,  how about an increase in duration on the One Man Band   Bard  5.0?

Hehe won't happen. It's intended to be a short duration, high damage output group buff.

-Hate

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »

Proc that lasts a few seconds? Do you mean Gift of Force (+crit% for ~22sec)?

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is, but you cast Ancient Vamp Thunder... switch toons to cast again and you start seeing.... "wears off" the previous targets start popping up. 

If that were a group spell it would not be so bad, but retargeting and casting on 12 melee toons during battle is just more of a hassle than I am willing to deal with.  It might be great for a first person Chanter, but less bang for the slot when boxing.  I'll probably get shot for this, but why not limit the duration on Ancient Vamp to 2 mins (like Kraken) and make it a group spell with the Gift of Force component intact for the entire duration?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)