Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 02:00:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Any Class Feeling Under-Used?  (Read 19409 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 05:11:18 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is, but you cast Ancient Vamp Thunder... switch toons to cast again and you start seeing.... "wears off" the previous targets start popping up. 

If that were a group spell it would not be so bad, but retargeting and casting on 12 melee toons during battle is just more of a hassle than I am willing to deal with. It might be great for a first person Chanter, but less bang for the slot when boxing. 

It is a group buff. It's set to 3 ticks (18sec) but can be extended to nearly 4 (22sec). It procs on the group of the target if defensive (or seems to anyway) or on the enchanter's group if offensively casting. An actively attacking (spamming Insanity) enchanter can keep 80% uptime.

I'll probably get shot for this, but why not limit the duration on Ancient Vamp to 2 mins (like Kraken) and make it a group spell with the Gift of Force component intact for the entire duration?

Heh or we could just put in a group version of it. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
genoside

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »

on the mez thing if bards could mez it would make breaking in to some of the higher content smoother i remember trying to pull a boss in t5 off a single mob when i first got in there it was like wipe rez fest cause you cant hardly split them and t6 was same way with pulling multiple trash mobs when first starting in on it i rezed more from getting multiple trash mobs then anything else.  having bards able to single target mez would be nice.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 06:59:02 pm »

Random Update!

Actually got quite a lot done today. If the enchanter can't find a spot after some of this, then there is no hope. A variety of utilities are being written to help the enchanter control the fight directly or indirectly. Won't spoil them all, as Hunter has final say on these...but I'll spoil two.

Timeless: Vampiric Thunder [Group AVT (60min duration)]
Coat of Bright Lights [Target buff, lasts 30 seconds or 5 procs; adds defensive proc 18s Mezz]

-Hate

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 11:50:47 pm »

Random Questions!

What could be done to make druids more appealing?

My flawed opinions:
  • Get them out of melee range
  • Up ranged DPS capabilities
  • Possibly caster-friendly group buff (short duration)

Looking at also building an EXTREMELY useful boss handling spell, a combo system to better suggest alternating heals and nukes, and something else.

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 11:59:24 pm »

I'd say write custom spells in perl if you know what I am talking about.

Have a spell that does nothing... but the perl quest for that spell every time it lands on a player or a NPC it does something.

Helped someone with one that is 10 Buffs... every time you cast the spell you get 1 stack of the buff ... all the way to 10. (just an idea)

Can do other things with it as well.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 02:35:51 am »

I am not speaking for anyone else when I say what my opinion is here. I am also not speaking against or nulling anyone else's opinion here, especially yours Hate because you have contributed so much to the community that I really appreciate.

Over the years I have seen a lot of changes come over this class and that. I have seen classes that were so utterly useless they got p99 jokes made when people rolled them. I have seen that same class (pally) become so useful that they were in nearly everyone's group. One thing I have noticed is the more you make a class that has to be handle the less handle it will be. This is a boxing server. Put a class in there that has to be individually played or is high maintenance and the class will be highly under played. Even the shaman with it's super useful Kraken spell was relegated to the outside of my group to keep me fresh on kraken and be there to cast HP buff. The only reason he got there was because I could get more dps out of him than I could if I added another toon, until you get way high in augs. It was nearly free dps and the hp are quite substantial.

Short duration buffs, unless they are crazy good and equal more than what I could get out of another toon are crap to me. Even a 20k regen, I have my heals covered by toons that heal for more and offer more dps. Why would I bother with something that is 20k regen for 30 seconds or 5 minutes when I have a cleric that will heal me for tons more and it does not have to way 6 seconds for a tic, or a pally who is also doing much more than that and does serious dps to boot. And as far as anyone having any notion of an idea to nerf pally or cleric, don't break one class to fix another. (Am not saying anyone has suggested that just wanted to head off any random thoughts anyone might have.)

Dots. They don't work. Not for the content that is out there on EZ. Sure when you first break a zone and your fights are longer because you lack the dps you can get from there then the dots have some value. But it is diminishing returns. The more I up my dps the less my dots do because they don't have time to tic. And a dot that doesn't have time to tic is not a dot anymore, it is a DD. Why should I create and outfit a class that will become less and less viable to me as I master new content when I can create loads of other classes that will get better and better as I progress. And the answer is not more dots, or even bigger dots. It's dots don't work for this content.

The best way to get me to put something in my group is to give me something that is not going to take away from what I already have in my group. Give me a druid that can turn into a dog and get rabid on some mobs plus have medium duration buffs (30 mins?) that are more traditional to the class. Make it so he can have firestrike augs and do about 85% of the dps as other melee toons. I know some may thing, 'oh you just made another monk', no, I made a monk that can cast a hefty regen and a nice ds! Give me an enchanter that can turn into a werewolf and go into a berzerker rage and again does 85% of traditional melee damage. Again, it's not a monk but a monk with nice buffs.

As much as some will dislike making them viable dps classes that is what it would take for me to dismiss one of my toons and put it in my group.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:34 am »

That was a nice post Xiggie. From a personal point of view I totally agree with you. For me, this is a boxing server where people rely on classes being "easy to handle". I like the idea and view around druids, shamans and enchanters being able to melee, with a reduced amount of dps. I think people are willing to sacrifice some DPS when they can get useful buffs/debuffs in return.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:51 am »

Druids are fine... Remove the stupid 4 target limit on their epic click and re release them.

+1 to Xiggie, keep druid's melee
Peign
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 08:19:17 am »

+1   To Xiggies comment.     Classes need to be low maintenance and high value. 
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 09:32:20 am »

Coat of Bright Lights [Target buff, lasts 30 seconds or 5 procs; adds defensive proc 18s Mezz]

I like this idea... alot!  Kicked it around over night and can see where it would be Very useful in T6.  However, for T7 it would be less so.  T6 you know you are going to get adds and when they will come so 30 secs is peachy.  You also know who the target will be so that's who needs this spell.  In T7 you never know, so 30 secs would be fairly impotent and having the spell on your lead toon only might not get the job done. 

Could you consider bumping up the duration to 2 mins/5 procs and making that a group spell?  That would give you time to travel while giving trailing toons a chance to survive.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 09:39:16 am »

Talked about this some last night. Add alil dps to the class (perhaps a caster spell thats as useful as kraken, that helps raise caster dps at range) and something to make druids positioning masters: mob CoH, push, something. Would be especially useful in places like T5.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 11:23:01 am »

I like this idea... alot!  Kicked it around over night and can see where it would be Very useful in T6.  However, for T7 it would be less so.  T6 you know you are going to get adds and when they will come so 30 secs is peachy.  You also know who the target will be so that's who needs this spell.  In T7 you never know, so 30 secs would be fairly impotent and having the spell on your lead toon only might not get the job done. 

Could you consider bumping up the duration to 2 mins/5 procs and making that a group spell?  That would give you time to travel while giving trailing toons a chance to survive.

I am not keen on bumping up the duration that high or making it a group spell. I might bump the duration a bit, but there are other tools being made available.  Wink

-Hate

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 05:23:48 pm »

Last chance to post your thoughts. Closing this tonight as I've pretty much concluded my tests and have several new abilities written up (that I have to test :-P).

SUBMIT IT NOW!

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 06:16:31 pm »

Would be cool to see a druid group buff utilizing the wolf illusions. Maybe a melee proc effect off an epic that increases group crit chance or defensive mitigation that lasts 15-30 sec in the bard song window. Sort of like fists of wu or something. I like the wolf illusion in that so you could easily see from other windows that it is indeed proc'd. Could even make it proc with a few options like wolf illusion, increase def mitigation by 10%, increase crit chance by 10%, add 10,000 hit point absorption and 10,000 hit point regen for endurance/mana/hp. Going up from there per epic level, obviously group only.

I dunno, just tossing an idea out... lets brainstorm !

Keeze
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 06:31:15 pm »

Illusions like that would likely cause lag. Especially when you are changing the illusions of 6 12 or 18 toons at one time. We had the same issue with boss 2 in anguish and some of the t4 bosses that would root you and change you into earth elemental illusion. Plus the barking sound that comes along with the illusion is kind of annoying and they get stuck sometimes on stairs.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)