Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:29:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Spell Research System  (Read 14332 times)
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 05:33:45 pm »

After more than 200 hours spent in The Abyss, the fiery passion of lol finally dropped for me. I almost felt bad i dont box a wizzy. The sad part was noone wanted it in /ooc either. This system looks like a great idea to me Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »

Ok, I've got almost all the info I need collected and the layout setup. I am awaiting for one last batch of goodness to go live and a small collection of unused IDs (so I can build a turnkey setup). Once I get this info, I'll likely dump an entire day into writing the actual system. It won't take more than a day or so.

Here is what I have decided to do with the drops. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment now if anyone sees a problem here.

Each recipe will take a class focus, a variety of elemental inks, and a tiered vellum.

The class focus should be 10% drop chance from ANY boss QVIC and on. This sounds like it would be easy to get, but one must consider that it's 10% chance for one of 12 classes. That's a fairly low chance (but across a ton of NPCs).

The elemental inks will be vendor bought for very little (5-50p a piece).

The tiered vellum will be NO DROP and bought from the zone vendors. This will prevent players from getting spells outside their respective tiers. This will be the huge cost component.

The inks will vary with the spell. Pulling from my info, here are some examples:
Spell: Hateborne's Glacial Gift T6 Vellum, Frost Ink, Wizard Focus
Spell: Cloak of Anarchy T5 Vellum, Magic Ink, Disease Ink, Poison Ink, and Shadow Knight Focus
Spell: Breath of Nature II T3 Vellum, 2 Nature Ink, 2 Holy Ink, Druid Focus OR Shaman Focus

The last one is either/or since it's usable by both classes.

I will find some way to post all the recipes as it's simply too much to info to put into one of the in-game books or an in-game say menu.

Any questions?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 05:47:38 pm »

All the relevant data has been submitted to Hunter. It's now in his hands to read over, test, etc.

Assuming I didn't massively break something, it should be good to go soon. Bloody near all of it was made turnkey to expedite implementation. I'll keep this thread open until it goes live, then I'll lock this one up. If you have any questions, now would be the time to ask. :-D

-Hate

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 06:26:31 pm »

Good work Hate! I am really forward to a different way of acquiring spells.

Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »

When this goes live, any chance we can get an up to date listing of spells and their locations? I know some spells have changed and others have been added in between the first large sets of spells and now. Thanks.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 06:37:12 am »

Thanks HB! This is awesome!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 09:43:56 am »

Why not just take the No-Drop tag off spell scrolls and allow them to be sold?  Then you can /auction WTB "XX" spell for xx plat....?   Would take away the need for essences used on everything and make it so you wouldnt have to spend countless hours farming x spell.  Still looking forward to that new pet stonewall spell that you listed weeks ago=)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:46:15 am by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 06:46:48 pm »

Why not just take the No-Drop tag off spell scrolls and allow them to be sold?  Then you can /auction WTB "XX" spell for xx plat....?   Would take away the need for essences used on everything and make it so you wouldnt have to spend countless hours farming x spell.  Still looking forward to that new pet stonewall spell that you listed weeks ago=)

Essences aren't used for this. Bots could farm the scrolls. Bots can farm this too, but takes more effort. Scrolls can be stockpiled so heavily that they lose their value this way either.

-Hate

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 80