Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 05:32:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Resist Tune Up  (Read 34027 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 11:31:48 am »

With practically under 10 hr sleep in 3+ days, everything is a blur to me right now.

I forgot what I did to resist except I remember making stuns at -300 (any noob can resist that) and removed charms from Avatars.

Forgot about rains and poisons, etc, what their resist are or how people are doing with it.

Someone emailed me that even if you resist stun spells, you still get knocked back? I didn't realize this. I remember I been tweaking knock back effects anyways to have like a 1 value instead of a a 4-11 values.

Just keep me posted, will try to balance out. Just trying to create a challenge without being impossible, and something that isn't so boring you could auto attack key and then watch tv at same time. Sorry I made too hard.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 11:52:53 am »

Right now the dots are killer if not on top of it, but managable if you are paying attention.  But that's mostly because I got the new group heal spell for shaman right off the bat.

I resisted all roots that I remember along with stuns.

the other 3 spells landed regularly but I never wiped completely.  My lower hp toons died a few times from the dot.
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 12:05:41 pm »

As is, it felt like a natural progression from PoD to HoH.  I didn't feel underpowered, and without augs I wasn't killing things ultra fast, Shadow fight took awhile.

Good feedback, Woogie (that's my cat's nickname dude, hope you weren't trying to sound intimidating lol).

Did Shadow feel like he was coming really close to killing your tank? Something seems a little off if you can kill Shadow the first night you spend in HoH. But if your tank and heals were basically as geared as they possibly could be coming from T2, I guess that makes sense. Its not like you can kill MCP already (or can you???)

I was so thrilled to not get rooted every fight last night that I stayed up at least 3 hours later than normal farming HoH.

If anyone is working on their UC right now that doesn't need Oracle V2s, pst in game. I no longer need Brawler and Guardian V2s, but need 11 Oracles.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2013, 04:13:40 pm »

He wiped me today twice, might have gotten lucky. All but one of my guys has a focus lil 3 charms. Both healers at 25.

Full t2 on all toons only really missing IA2 for more dps.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:30 pm »

What I would do in HoH, if you are trying to make it more interesting is have each minion cast an appropriate spell

ents- root
succubus charm

etc.

Then it's not purely random, and a group can target them first or not pull them at all.

You could prevent it or deal with it with some strategy, where as random is just mean and tiresome.

On top of that maybe to offer incentive to kill everything if you clear every type of storm mob(avatars and thunder storms) a chest spawns, maybe twice the gems of an avatar and the page for that type of mob guaranteed, maybe 1/4 chance of a v2.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2013, 02:50:10 pm »

Valuable input from a tier equal player.  However, if each succubus cast charm it would be a long day in Hell.  Sad

Charm is very bad news.  Even with a T-7 chanter on board things can go real bad real fast if your (UW Equipped) tank doesn't resist.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »

Fair, maybe mez then?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 07:41:41 pm »

no this is a bad idea , sorry you don't know how much time you have to spend in HoH even when you "get thru" you don't really get thru for like double or triple your EZ play time..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 12:17:17 am »

no this is a bad idea , sorry you don't know how much time you have to spend in HoH even when you "get thru" you don't really get thru for like double or triple your EZ play time..

Lol double or triple, more like your entire EZ server play time.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 05:50:39 am »

well he said the resists would be trival to over tiered players.

So I interpreted that as I want to make it more interesting, and if you don't want to deal with it go farm ToFS first floor for a few hours and you will resist it all.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 04:36:57 pm »

For a few hours? Getting a fully t2 group enough resists to resist hoh would take more than a few hours. More like a few weeks. Effects that take over your toon(s) have been described nearly universally as super annoying. There is what, nearly 5 pages of people urging Hunter to modify the effects and lower the amount of resists needed to resist them with major complaints about the very things you are now suggesting Hunter put back in. What you consider interesting most others find annoying. As for it being trivial to over tiered players, that does not mitigate the annoyance that people who are needing gear from hoh.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2013, 05:55:16 pm »

HoH is one of those zones you need to spend ALOT of time in. Mostly due to UC farming and dont forget the endless amounts of tokens you need for T3/T4. I really feel sorry for new players entering this zone. IMO charm is bad period. I wouldnt think of it as an interesting challenge in any zone, its just annoying as hell.

Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2013, 06:07:27 pm »

well he said the resists would be trival to over tiered players.

So I interpreted that as I want to make it more interesting, and if you don't want to deal with it go farm ToFS first floor for a few hours and you will resist it all.

People aren't trying to crap on your suggestions per se, but HoH is not like the zones before it, you don't just spend a few hours or even days here, you will spend hundreds of hours and months of time in this zone to get enough tokens and charms to be successful in T5 and beyond.

As far as resists go, Hunter has already said he cut the resists down to 300, so in theory everyone should resist the majority of spells in HoH, my Warrior and 2 Paladins with UC/SoT1 and over 800 resists do not resist anything. I might resist 1 spell out of 10, but when I pull a mob to my group, my paladin ends up with 3-4 spells on him by the time he gets back tot he group and of course the dispells.

I don't think that telling people, "just farm in ToFS" is a response. ToFS is not in the normal progression of this server and those resist stones shouldn't even enter the equation until T7, if at all, Fugitive has stated he still gets hit with stuff all the time and he has over 3000 resists.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2013, 07:43:48 pm »

Until I get time to test things further to make them work as intended, I've edited the resist for Roots, Stuns, Flux to be about -300 check for ToFS, T3/T4, and T7 which should make these spells a non issue now.

NPC Charm player removed from Avatars.

Flux and other spells with push back effects had their distance shorted to 1.

Will go into affect after reboot. No spell file needed yet.

Should be easy mode again, minus some of the rains or debuffs to deal with.

Will work on it more this weekend. Right now taking a break from stuff, and reading email/feed back of course.

I'm not trying to be defensive.  I was only offering suggestions because this post made me believe the current state is not the end state.  As an on tier group, if I do not pay attention I can wipe in the current state.  My suggestions were only given as a possible tweak.

And the few hours, was from another hunter post, where he said basically go farm tofs for a few hours and you will resist everything in HoH, which I figured some of the tweaks would be in line with that perspective.

I'd prefer there be some rhythm or reason to what is casting what is all.  Instead of everything can cast everything mode.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2013, 07:50:03 pm »

And the few hours, was from another hunter post, where he said basically go farm tofs for a few hours and you will resist everything in HoH, which I figured some of the tweaks would be in line with that perspective.

The thing about it is Hunter doesn't play so go farm a few hours.. really means go farm more then a week countless for your primary team (ToFS is hard for a HoH group).. is it his fault no, not really. The ideas you have a good ideas.. but mez, charms and knockback rooting are the gayest of the gay... you will be spending countless hours in the zone..

2 sets of Gear per toon
Charms V2s
Tokens (which have been ninja'd way way way way to low considering if a grossly over tiered play can only get a few per clear how does he expect a new person to get enough to even do the bosses..)
3.5s all around..
Page farming

I still have to return to HoH...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081