Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 01:49:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Halloween pet buff  (Read 12418 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 08:42:10 am »

Just another issue to bring up with the latest changes to NPC spells.  Can we have the absorb spell damage portion of the halloween pet buff removed?  The buff isnt lasting 30 seconds now and it isnt worth spam clicking the insane goblin clickie for 30 or so seconds.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:57:27 am by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:36 am »

Excuse my arrogance, but you're taking 100,000,000 spell damage in 30 seconds?

That's impossible in just about all situations unless every mob in the zone is Harm Touch spamming or Death Touch spamming.

What's likely happening is dispel landing or something else is removing it. I will check later to see if it's dispellable.

-Hate
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:17:04 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:02:21 am »

Yeah thought was odd that I believe is 25 million (25% absorbed till reaches 25 mill) but thought it was buggy or something /shrug

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:11:28 am »

No, thank you...  I'd rather absorb the damage whenever I click it than have to heal it Wink

What I mean by that is please don't remove the effect Smiley
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:41:19 pm by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:34:26 pm »

The absorbed damage thing is rather annoying, I don't realize it until after awhile that oh, the spell is gone because of that - sure it's not 30 seconds, but still annoying to have to re clicking something that has a 6~ hour buff timer on it.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 04:18:59 pm »

The absorbed damage thing is rather annoying, I don't realize it until after awhile that oh, the spell is gone because of that - sure it's not 30 seconds, but still annoying to have to re clicking something that has a 6~ hour buff timer on it.

I'm not sure how you gents are taking 100,000,000 spell damage to cause it to break. I'm not sure anyone is recognizing exactly how much spell damage that is on EZ server. With top players having...what, 2.2mil hp? That's ~45 full health bars from the top end players.

Even if we assume you're fighting a mob that Death Touches for 2mil every 5 seconds, that's 500k off (and 1.5mil damage dealt to player). That would take 200 Death Touch casts.

The only thing that I can think is that the partial spell rune isn't working as intended or it's simply being dispelled.

-Hate

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 04:21:27 pm »

I'm not saying it happens in such a short time - but i'm saying it does in fact happen over time and I can't imagine it being from being dispelled as I cast it last after all my buffs. It usually takes an hour or two before it drops - I can look more and try putting it in the back of my spell list more often but it's generally from what I can tell not from being dispelled.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 04:30:48 pm »

I'm not saying it happens in such a short time - but i'm saying it does in fact happen over time and I can't imagine it being from being dispelled as I cast it last after all my buffs. It usually takes an hour or two before it drops - I can look more and try putting it in the back of my spell list more often but it's generally from what I can tell not from being dispelled.

Hehe nothing lasts forever. The only way to do the spell damage reduction is to set a max value on it. The maximum value is significantly higher than is being used, but I think that a quick recast every 1-2 hours is a fair trade off for such an overwhelmingly powerful item. :-)

-Hate

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 04:50:54 pm »

Hehe nothing lasts forever. The only way to do the spell damage reduction is to set a max value on it. The maximum value is significantly higher than is being used, but I think that a quick recast every 1-2 hours is a fair trade off for such an overwhelmingly powerful item. :-)
-Hate

Fair enough lol, I just sometimes forget about it after mindlessly farming ; and I realize oh hey, huge spike in dps going on towards tank
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 08:33:56 pm »

Oh, it gets used up in a very short time in T7.  Pull 5 mobs and it'll be gone the next pull...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 09:38:42 pm »

Oh, it gets used up in a very short time in T7.  Pull 5 mobs and it'll be gone the next pull...

>_>

I really need a test account for things like that.

-Hate

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 12:24:51 am »

Is a Loping Plains Debuff (thank you Blarr for pointing this out to me)that is removing this buff.  Maybe move the buff to the spell window so it isnt wiped?  The reason I didnt see it is becuase unlike the others (Loping Plains Stun, Root, Flux, Acid Rain) I never resist it so didnt see it....but is aggravating as hell to have to constantly have to reclick it....maybe one day I will figure out a command to /bcaa //itemnotify (one of the inventory slots) rightmouse up....anyone know how to make all your toons click it AND hail for buffs w/o going to each screen to click and hail....pita to do that on my 12 screens Roll Eyes

The main reason for this isnt the 65k hp on this buff but the mitigation (which means more to me than the 25% reflect chance or 25 million spell absorb which is a nice plus too!)  I want to pay attention to everyone's response though as all aspects of this buff are important to all players on different scales...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 12:29:50 am by Orthanos » Logged

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:41 am »

/bcaa //casting "Stone Monster Halloween Pet" item
/bcaa //target clear
/bcaa //keypress f1
/bcaa //keypress f1
/bcaa //say buffs

That's what I use
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 12:37:07 am by Dimur » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 03:12:14 am »

/multiline ; /bcaa //casting "Stone Monster Halloween Pet" ; /bcaa //keypress f1
/pause 10
/multiline ; /bcaa //keypress f1 ; /bcaa //say buffs ; /bct pally //casting "Focus of Healing" ; /bct cleric //casting "Amplify Healing"
/pause 10
/bcaa //pet get lost

In this setup you do have to make sure your toons are not targeting themselves when you click the button but I rarely ever have myself targeted anyway. The pauses are there because occasionally the I get laggy when summoning pets or buffing, especially when doing that with all my toons at once. It doesn't happen most of the time but this gets rid of the odd weird time that it does.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 07:14:05 am »

Once again you guys deliver!  THANK YOU!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678