Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 01:51:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: New Pet Buff  (Read 13818 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:24:34 pm »

ok looking at the tab on the left side of the screen: spell recipes, why is the best spell (pet stonewall) all questions?

125434 Spell: Defensive Boon dru/shm/mag/enc/nec/bst - SPECIAL

This is the only spell that has me all happy in the pants!  My mage and beastlord may not suck anymore with this!  Anyone know the recipe yet?  I have a mage ink that I got from t7 yesterday and i know you can get loping planes vellum off the vendors in each zone (qvic, abyss, loping planes are where I have seen so far).  Is this just a trial and error deal? Roll Eyes

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:40:29 am »

ok looking at the tab on the left side of the screen: spell recipes, why is the best spell (pet stonewall) all questions?

125434 Spell: Defensive Boon dru/shm/mag/enc/nec/bst - SPECIAL

This is the only spell that has me all happy in the pants!  My mage and beastlord may not suck anymore with this!  Anyone know the recipe yet?  I have a mage ink that I got from t7 yesterday and i know you can get loping planes vellum off the vendors in each zone (qvic, abyss, loping planes are where I have seen so far).  Is this just a trial and error deal? Roll Eyes

Class Ink, QVIC essence, TACVI essence, Dragon Minor, Dragon Major, and Gods Minor in magic box.

I'll get list updated shortly.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:16:09 am »

Would take away the need for essences used on everything

Essences aren't used for this. Bots could farm the scrolls. Bots can farm this too, but takes more effort. Scrolls can be stockpiled so heavily that they lose their value this way either.

Class Ink, QVIC essence, TACVI essence, Dragon Minor, Dragon Major, and Gods Minor in magic box.

Lips sealed

But saying that...thank you for the reply Hate and ty for working on this spell research system.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:18:15 am by Orthanos » Logged

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 06:24:52 am »

The link from hunter's news post only shows this one spell using essences.
Myself I hope that is the case as essences are used in so many other things are some are damn hard to acquire.
Not sure if the final product is no drop, would be nice way to make pp, selling to others but either way its nice if you want to raise research and make the spells. (assumes you have to raise research, may not need to for all I know)

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

The spells didn't use essences. This one spell was added fairly late in the "drawing board" phase.

It's a stupidly powerful spell that should cost a stupidly large amount.

If it's a problem, we can always remove it.

-Hate

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 04:01:31 pm »

And spells are no drop so people can't bot farm spells and sell them in large quantities like everything else.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 04:50:11 pm »

Never said it was a problem...just thought it was odd that in the discussion of making the research spells you stated that no essences would be used...and surprise they are.  i hope it is worth it as pet classes in their current state suck.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 05:36:19 pm »

Never said it was a problem...just thought it was odd that in the discussion of making the research spells you stated that no essences would be used...and surprise they are.  i hope it is worth it as pet classes in their current state suck.

That's true. The original intent was to use an essence of the appropriate tier to combine. After a long talk with Fliker, he stated a few exceptionally valid points and I created the other spell components in their stead.

I'm not really sure how they suck. Maybe I've not dragged one in to T6 yet. With T5, my 5.0 enc pet and 4.0 mage pet does fine. They are only healed by druid HoTs too. Pets aside, the casters are formidable in their own sense. It may suck to not be able to send & forget... but eh, you'll live.

They aren't strong enough to solo tank or send in armies of pets (and no player). I don't position my pets either. I just send in everything at once. To be fair, my average target lifespan is ~7-10 seconds and I don't aoe pull more than 5 or so in T5. In T6, I don't bother getting anyone but my main 6 into the fight (except the enchanter standing outside spamming random buffs/debuffs).

I keep hearing that pets are terrible, and I keep making changes to improve the pet users' quality of life, and pet users keep complaining. I need some details on how they suck or I'm going to eventually have to assume that pets aren't going to be good enough until they are soloing on-par content.

Sorry to sound dickish, but...well, yeah. Same song and dance. :-P

-Hate

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 07:34:45 pm »

Not wanting pets to solo anything...i dont like the fact that necros pets can solo up to t3...maybe t4, but if pets are in an dps mode and not tanking...they shouldnt eat it either (death that is).  If I do not make sure to position pets in rear EVERY time they die.  of course I am pulling 5+ mobs at a time in T7 but pets arent tanking my warrior is.  Also has /pet hold been fixed or is it still craptastic?  havent tried that in a long while but havent seen any posts about it on forums during my morning troll errrr i mean stroll.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:48:29 pm by Orthanos » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 11:37:32 am »

Ok, that's some specific info. Thank you!

T7 is eating pets, that's a start.
Pet Hold is unknown to me. It worked before, but I don't remember it breaking (possibly a client issue). I will see what I can find during the next few days.
I'll also look at converting the mage Phantom Necklace to an AoE cast (since it must be trade to the pet by the pet owner). That's another 160k HP for pets.

-Hate

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 02:53:55 pm »

From my experience, pet hold has never worked on EZ, I assumed it was an EMU wide issue but never did much digging and will admit I haven't tried it in quite some time.

Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »

Pet hold worked a year ago and even though I put those classes to sleep I think it was still working the other day on UF when I was using them.    I will try to remember to get them out and test them tonight.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »

Pet hold works on underfoot, I have it in my follow macro that I use.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 04:16:52 pm »

Thanks for all the feedback...and thats a GREAT idea , Hate!  Wish I had some hard numbers for you (like other people do) but I wouldnr begin to be able to tell you anything other than my personal experience.  Here is another idea since pets dont jump behind the mob like dps toons do with a nice hotkey stroke...maybe allow pets a much greater avoidance/dodge so they dont eat it on riposites when a mob enrages?  Shouldnt really matter as pets wont hold aggro if your pc is close to the mob...the mob will go to the pc (my warrior in this case) but I dont know if that could be used as an exploit by someone or not.  I know its also a simple matter of tank positioning but I am lazy and dont always do it because with my hotkey setup, repositioning also means my toons being slung around in the process  as they chase from the rear.  Also thanks for the update on /pet hold (and the idea of putting it on a stick hotkey is great too!)  i havent tried it since I upgraded to UF a year ago...it never worked on SoF ( i believe is the CD set I ordered originally off amazon hehehe)

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 04:57:39 pm »

Also I just made the spell defensive boon (used bst ink ((given to me by Narl...thanks Narl!)) and combined qvic esse, tacvi esse, dminor, dmajor, gminor) gave me a shaman spell of defensive boon  Cry Is this normal or is it just buggy?  Can we make defensive boon all pet classes useable maybe?  Hate to think I just burned all those essences!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678