Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:11:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Server Up!  (Read 30028 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »

I'm wearing T7 BP and UW (rank 2), as mentioned previously, is not healing.

Ok, so the effect is broken. I didn't actually break anything (yet?). We need another server restart to fix it. I'll email the bossman, but I suspect he's KO'ed by now.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 02:43:18 pm »

Edit: I didn't realize there was a sympathetic proc cast on it as well.  Keep up the good work.  Leaving the post for continuity.

First off, Thanks a lot for creating a caster UW.  When I suggested it to you the other day I had no idea it would be live in less than a week.  I love that you guys put this into effect and it is totally a step in the right direction for allowing casters to sort of compete with melee augs.

Now to numbers.  I have a t5 wizard with a UC.  He hits for about 800k with Yama's II.   In the 18 seconds the buff is active he can get off 4 casts if the timing is right.  Of those four casts at a 33% twincast rate he will on average twincast 1.33 times.  So in that minute cooldown before he can recast the buff he will add 1,064,000 damage (800k x 1.33) to his dps.  His extra damage per second then becomes 17,733 (1,064,000 / 60 seconds).  Now that is just with the first 3 UW ranks.  The second level of the buff would double that amount to 35k more dps.  Also a crit would increase that damage but the crit rate isn't high enough to count on a crit every time.

If we are trying to keep these sort of comparable to the melee versions then at the t5 and below level at least they are falling way behind.  I am not sure what t6-8 damage would look like as I don't have toons that high yet.  This is also only for a wizard.  Other caster classes would be far behind wizards in damage.

Please take this as constructive feedback with data and not as a complaint or criticism.  Hunter had said he might be increasing the stats on it so I hoped he might take a second look at the buff.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:14:42 pm by Zartaxis » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 02:50:08 pm »

Zartaxis, I see the numbers but...I'm not entirely sure of the direction. You mention the damage as if it's low but seem to indicate that either Staff or melees are falling behind.

Could you clarify slightly?

The staff should have a 20% chance to sympathetic proc a nuke based on the rank. At the top end with UW9, a DPS caster should be utterly fearsome. The click is nice, but it isn't the main source of DPS (just like the other UWs). With T5 and above spells, the UW should be highly useful. The only spells that were somewhat excluded were the instant cast spells (as the DPS would simply be TOO high).

-Hate

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 03:00:21 pm »

How is it to powerful for a instant cast to be focused by it. Cast times are the bane of clothy dps on a custom server where other classes can push millions of dps.
Anyways nice change

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Xypher

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 03:01:52 pm »

Wizards are still broken imo. No one plays em. Gotta get a UW to consider dps'ing near melee augs yay! (Working as Intended? Riiiight)
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 03:04:06 pm »

Also character mover appears broken again.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 03:13:00 pm »

Zartaxis, I see the numbers but...I'm not entirely sure of the direction. You mention the damage as if it's low but seem to indicate that either Staff or melees are falling behind.

Could you clarify slightly?

The staff should have a 20% chance to sympathetic proc a nuke based on the rank. At the top end with UW9, a DPS caster should be utterly fearsome. The click is nice, but it isn't the main source of DPS (just like the other UWs). With T5 and above spells, the UW should be highly useful. The only spells that were somewhat excluded were the instant cast spells (as the DPS would simply be TOO high).

-Hate

Ah damn I always forget about the sympathetic procs.  Without those I felt the damage increase was too low.  I will have to get one and play with it to see what those procs look like.

By not allowing instant casts do you mean that so people couldnt spam say a manastone and have each cast proc?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 03:20:38 pm »

How is it to powerful for a instant cast to be focused by it. Cast times are the bane of clothy dps on a custom server where other classes can push millions of dps.
Anyways nice change

If I add a 20% chance to do 325k base damage to an instant, even if the instant is trash, that's a ~1.0 sec (0 cast, refresh/recast) to drop 325k base damage.

Wizards are still broken imo. No one plays em. Gotta get a UW to consider dps'ing near melee augs yay! (Working as Intended? Riiiight)

Considering that I'm running three, one being a demigod with NO UW and two others being considered useful without even using UCs...I refute your statement with evidence. Also considering I've been talking to a few of the guys t5+ that are replacing melee with casters due to a lot of recent changes, I further refute your claim.

Ah damn I always forget about the sympathetic procs.  Without those I felt the damage increase was too low.  I will have to get one and play with it to see what those procs look like.

By not allowing instant casts do you mean that so people couldnt spam say a manastone and have each cast proc?

Well, it's set that way to avoid it becoming a machine gun with mages and others that chain instants. With spamming Manastone and having it proc...that would be bad as hitting yourself for 2k - 325k (before charms/songs/bonuses) isn't healthy. The main ones I was concerned with is Shylo's Bolt of Doom (and other such instant spammy spells). The sympathetic proc at the highest level does horrifying damage. Tack that on to an instant (like Shylo's BoD) and you likely have the highest DPS class with 0 mana concerns. Especially considering one can pop the 100% twincast on ranks 7-9 and then spam the instant cast.

-Hate
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:22:39 pm by hateborne » Logged

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »

There is a glitch with instances now.

We re-made Loping Plains instance when the server came back up, cleared it - wanted to bring in alts for loot - but zoning into the instance just landed them in public.

Tried with "guild invite" too - to no avail.

Just FYI.

:/ Waste of perfectly good loot.

EDIT: Instance is Loping Plains (56). If you wan't to check it out.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:36:25 pm by Danish » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »

There is a glitch with instances now.

We re-made Loping Plains instance when the server came back up, cleared it - wanted to bring in alts for loot - but zoning into the instance just landed them in public.

Tried with "guild invite" too - to no avail.

Just FYI.

:/ Waste of perfectly good loot.

Already reached out to the bossman about it. It's ~4:30am his time, so he's likely asleep. We need another restart to resolve most of this nonsense. The instances though are beyond me. He will likely have to resolve anything wrong with them because I haven't the slightest on how to fix them. Undecided

-Hate

Rellock

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 03:56:06 pm »

Are you planning to change the price of instances now that they're only good for 24 hours?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 05:12:56 pm »

Paldail in his infinite awesomeness has actually pointed out that it is failing for him with values over 200k for the PercentalHeal effect. We're looking in to why it's breaking and I'll go ahead and submit the fix for it.

Sorry!
Code:
UPDATE spells_new SET max1 = 200000 WHERE id = 10584;

-Hate

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »

Hate what I was referring to was pretty much how THF set up the wizards there.
Only 3 instant cast nukes on that server, ranked versions and the client can not have them all in their book at once. If you have the fire instant rank I and then get your greedy wizard hands on the rank II and mem it, it will remove rank I from the spell book.

Food for thought.

About the UW change, basically its another eqemu fail where someone at some point thought math should be done in some manner no sane person would choose to do.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 06:32:36 pm »

Hate what I was referring to was pretty much how THF set up the wizards there.
Only 3 instant cast nukes on that server, ranked versions and the client can not have them all in their book at once. If you have the fire instant rank I and then get your greedy wizard hands on the rank II and mem it, it will remove rank I from the spell book.

Food for thought.

About the UW change, basically its another eqemu fail where someone at some point thought math should be done in some manner no sane person would choose to do.

I've not played THF. Even so, I'm sure they have better measures or custom measures to counter the 10 second fizzle penalty on instant spells.

While I understand having to cast isn't very "fast paced", this is still EQ. Heavily modified and altered yes, but EQ. :-)

I wasn't attacking you and apologies if it sounded as such.

-Hate

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 07:04:35 pm »

The math is perfectly fine if your goal is to avoid floating point math, which was dreadfully slow when this project was started, and when the expected values are low enough that it doesn't matter.

Yes, it's frustrating for people that want HUGE NUMBERS and massively inflate everything so that all the formulas blow up, but it isn't a fail because the developer that wrote the code years ago had different goals and expectations.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 304