Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:08:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mass Ban Today  (Read 13896 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2013, 01:23:12 am »

Today had ban to someone and all 33 of their accounts.

About half of them were caught afk farming, and the other half of the accounts were found by IP.

If your account got IP linked to this cause a "friend" logged on your character once, then too bad.

Many players witnessed me trying to get a hold of the player (and his alts) in ooc chat while he continued to afk farm. No excuse there.

Before even doing the ooc, I witnessed bot like behavior and basically had already made my descision.

Private instances only prevent other players from using fraps on you. It won't stop me however from making a visit to your private instance which I have written tools for to make it faster and easier to follow players who bounce instances a lot.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:25:45 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:16:26 am »

If your account got IP linked to this cause a "friend" logged on your character once, then too bad.

I would just like to put out there that we have had cases where people have logged on their own accounts only to end up on a different persons character entirely. It happened once to me a few months ago with a guy called Delicut.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:27:46 am by Sarthin » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:45:41 am »

If I see it happened once, then I'd take that in consideration, but obvious when same IP logged in 100+ times.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 09:02:53 am »

When I see a player actively running around and killing stuff with bot like behavior, and the player doesn't respond to any tells or ooc chat, then takes 8 hours to email me why are they banned, it becomes very obvious.

I played WoW and EQ with bots before. I know what they look like. It's very obvious when watching them. Even automatic responses usually end up failing to pass the afk test. Instant quitting upon tells only makes it more it more suspicious.

Playing innocent and saying you don't read chat or the chat windows were minimized is not going to work. Summer is here, and kids are out of school. I'm on vacation as well and will be actively looking for botters. Sometimes I'll be on a different character besides Hunter. By the time I send you a tell or ooc message, its usually already too late, as I've probably been observing for a while already.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 09:20:36 am »

shards of dalaya another emu had an afk test would randomly send people and if you failed you got locked out.

Might be worth looking into something automatic
bunga

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:10:13 am »

should post who the people were that got banned Smiley
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:34:43 am »

Burned. Bots FTL.

We need a public humiliation area in QRG. Some way to turn all the characters into NPCs so we can all walk past and laugh (or maybe use'em as practice dummies).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 11:06:30 am »

No, that would only encourage people. I'm trying to discourage it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 11:18:47 am »

They would be all like !!! woo I got a statue

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 11:20:09 am »

If you really want to know who it was just ask one of the 40 or so that were online last night.

SoD's afk check is to easy to beat, it is a cool system I wont deny that but I wouldn't use it.
The issue at large is not the G15 logitech keyboard/mouse issue that SoD was trying to beat.
Here we have players using everything they can get their hands on to box their group(s) more efficiently.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 11:46:25 am »

omg fugitive said something funny... damn that made me lol

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 01:57:57 pm »

No, that would only encourage people. I'm trying to discourage it.

Dicks.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 03:05:15 pm »

I cant comprehend this. The player banned is a top 10 player, knows the ways to work the system to get what they need fast and relatively easy, especially with their gear. Why do this? Makes no sense to me. Maybe they just felt as if they wouldnt get caught and thought they could get away with it? Dunno....but damned if I can see how the reward is worth the risk.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 290