Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:37:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Berserker  (Read 9733 times)
Goth

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:54:54 am »

I'm just starting T3/T4 ... so it wouldn't be to hard to level up and get a Zerker up to par ... just hell framing the Augs and Charms, but at what level of the game do the DSP kick in for them?

I have never played one , so any helpful information would also be good

thanks
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »

Pretty early on. Proc and click both are decent AE damage for the tier the epic is on from 2.5 on, definitely. Nice thing is they arent as aug dependent as other melee dps. Charm the hell out of em, and enjoy.

However...although zerker AE isnt anywhere near what a melee with the same tier damage aug can put out single target a lot of people see them as overpowered (I dont believe they are), and are pretty much begging Hunter to nerf them....so plan ahead. If they get tossed to the dust heap you'll want a replacement. But meanwhile, use em and enjoy.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:10:48 pm »

Pretty early on. Proc and click both are decent AE damage for the tier the epic is on from 2.5 on, definitely. Nice thing is they arent as aug dependent as other melee dps. Charm the hell out of em, and enjoy.

However...although zerker AE isnt anywhere near what a melee with the same tier damage aug can put out single target a lot of people see them as overpowered (I dont believe they are), and are pretty much begging Hunter to nerf them....so plan ahead. If they get tossed to the dust heap you'll want a replacement. But meanwhile, use em and enjoy.

Hopefully not. The class does fairly large AoE damage but, as you have said, cannot benefit from Ninjastrike augs. They are also essentially barred from UW as there is nothing to suit their love of two handers (or nothing that would make a suitable offhand).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Aurran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »

However...although zerker AE isnt anywhere near what a melee with the same tier damage aug can put out single target a lot of people see them as overpowered (I dont believe they are), and are pretty much begging Hunter to nerf them....so plan ahead.

So Peign found something new to bitch about?
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 11:02:58 pm »

I have seen some info on forums with people complaining about zerker armies...maybe instead of nerfing the class out of existence (if that is indeed the thought process at the time) maybe making it so you cant have but so many of "x" class in "x" group...since what I see stated to be the issue is people putting 5 zerkers in one group.Iif that is game breaking or if that is in some way exploiting the class, make a rule and make it bannable...lots of ways to resolve the issue without the use of a nerf bat

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
fjamso

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 12:27:37 am »

Half their AoE and make them able to use 1 NS aug in the 2 hander Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 01:24:02 am »

However...although zerker AE isnt anywhere near what a melee with the same tier damage aug can put out single target a lot of people see them as overpowered (I dont believe they are), and are pretty much begging Hunter to nerf them....so plan ahead.

Will you stop posting just to flame others? That's a bit wasteful.

In my flawed opinion, they are in a good spot. They have a foothold on something that no one else does. They are unique-ish. :-)

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 02:31:21 am »

A zerker with FS augs will not match single target dps on a monk, rogue or ranger with NS and IS augs. The only way a zerk or zerk army is strong is if you pull multiple mobs...and therein lies the rub for many player: pull more than a handful and the puller/tank eats it. If your tank/puller is powerful enough to survive mass pulls, odds are you can probably just solo the content (or damned near solo it) anyway.

I agree with Hate. I dont see zerks as too powerful. If you are relying solely on berserkers for dps you'll probably be limited on what you can accomplish; to date nothing matches NS aug'd melee for sustained dps. Leave zerks as they are....a nice add to a group, but not the foundation of its kill power.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 06:10:29 am »

I dont see zerks as too powerful. If you are relying solely on berserkers for dps you'll probably be limited on what you can accomplish; to date nothing matches NS aug'd melee for sustained dps. Leave zerks as they are....a nice add to a group, but not the foundation of its kill power.

Can not agree more!!!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 08:40:58 am »

I agree with Hateborne, mpano66, and Orthanos serkers are fine the way they are.  They are a great at melee AoE but not the main dps of a group. 
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:37 pm »

Will you stop posting just to flame others? That's a bit wasteful.

In my flawed opinion, they are in a good spot. They have a foothold on something that no one else does. They are unique-ish. :-)

-Hate

You peign haters are amusing. If you want to throw blame, point it at me. I have been on a anti-op crusade of late.
 I like zerkers just fine. Only issue I take with the class is you can just not fs aug them at all and still be respectable dps.
However after speaking with nate there isnt much you can do to change the class without breaking it. I don't want a broken zerker class.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 04:11:40 pm »

You peign haters are amusing. If you want to throw blame, point it at me. I have been on a anti-op crusade of late.
 I like zerkers just fine. Only issue I take with the class is you can just not fs aug them at all and still be respectable dps.
However after speaking with nate there isnt much you can do to change the class without breaking it. I don't want a broken zerker class.

Advantage: Get respectable DPS without augs.
Disadvantage: Will never be in the top DPS echelons.

(Better at low gear levels than others, less impressive at higher gear levels than others)

-Hate

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 07:53:46 pm »

this convo is dumb
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

My love for you is like a truck, Berserker
Would you like some making fuck, Berserker
My love for you is like a rock, Berserker
(The movie "Clerks")

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 12:40:42 am »

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988