Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:15:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: - State of Wizards on EZ  (Read 10302 times)
demorgoth

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:50:29 pm »

Heya all,

Recently been bringing up a wizard as I have not seen many if any since Hateborne, the only other I have really seen has been seedm (apologies if spelt incorrectly) and to my surprise there seems to be quite a shortage in semi decent AoE Damage spells.

Their single target nukes are quite nice especially some of those higher tiered ones from what I have seen, and not complaining about them being OD'd by strike IX augs as it costs alot to make one of those.

My arguement lies in the fact that a druid provides more AOE firepower compared to a Wizard in which its sole job is to provide Spell DPS (e.g. Static Burst - 10k aoe Wizard vs Seismic Shift 40k aoe Druid both CT [Tacvi] tiered spell drops.)

I might be missing something but a wizard should not be out spell damaged by any class. I'll also be known as an asshole for this but it is quite absurd that a Berzerker out AoE's a wizard both burst and sustainable for the simple fact that their epic proc from 4.0 + is already higher than Kaldars II (45K aoe).

If you find some spare time I'd like to see some wizard AoE spells reviewed if at all possible to maybe hike the damage up on AoE's in order to bring them back into their element which is to be the Masters of burst spell damage.

Enchanters have had a revamp and are an exceptional addition to any group, I'd like to atleast see the wizard be able to provide some utility to a group especially in their core role.

I encourage anyone in the higher tiers with a wizard to contribute to the thread.
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 04:26:01 am »

my Wizard are UCv2 + Hateborne gift + Yami blabla 2 and nukes for 4.3 and 4.7m

spam Hateborne gift and when u get the proc for free cast then cast Yami ( 82k Mana ) is really impressiv unless the free nuke !

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 09:47:05 am »

Wizards can have some amazing DPS, esp when paired with certain classes for buffs (mana).

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 11:24:55 am »

Heya all,

Recently been bringing up a wizard as I have not seen many if any since Hateborne, the only other I have really seen has been seedm (apologies if spelt incorrectly) and to my surprise there seems to be quite a shortage in semi decent AoE Damage spells.

Their single target nukes are quite nice especially some of those higher tiered ones from what I have seen, and not complaining about them being OD'd by strike IX augs as it costs alot to make one of those.

My arguement lies in the fact that a druid provides more AOE firepower compared to a Wizard in which its sole job is to provide Spell DPS (e.g. Static Burst - 10k aoe Wizard vs Seismic Shift 40k aoe Druid both CT [Tacvi] tiered spell drops.)

I might be missing something but a wizard should not be out spell damaged by any class. I'll also be known as an asshole for this but it is quite absurd that a Berzerker out AoE's a wizard both burst and sustainable for the simple fact that their epic proc from 4.0 + is already higher than Kaldars II (45K aoe).

If you find some spare time I'd like to see some wizard AoE spells reviewed if at all possible to maybe hike the damage up on AoE's in order to bring them back into their element which is to be the Masters of burst spell damage.

Enchanters have had a revamp and are an exceptional addition to any group, I'd like to atleast see the wizard be able to provide some utility to a group especially in their core role.

I encourage anyone in the higher tiers with a wizard to contribute to the thread.

Wizard is single target DPS king. Static Burst I and II are formidable in their own right, but they are not an AoE class. The druid, in order to bring usefulness, had damn near every DoT/Nuke converted into 4 target casts with a sizeable bonus to Seismic Shift. Kaldar's Heavenly Fire I/II provides fair AoE sexy goodness too. In terms of utility, I just can't see it. The wizard is a selfish bastard that focuses more on pewpew and less on if his/her team is even alive still.

As for others not playing the wizard, people want ezmode dps. Melee classes are afk dps. Hit auto attack and go afk. Wizards require more finesse but can push out horrifying numbers. I play mine in a group of my main six or solo to equal hilarious effect. In T5, I've reach the point that I can solo most but bosses. Get Tserrina's Staff and become a god. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:26:55 am »

My wizard with their necklace and a healer has little mana problems and her DPS is pretty flippin awesome BUT I have to agree that a much bigger aoe spell would be nice. You don't see many people using a wizzy because you pretty much have to control your group using that character which is out of the norm of controlling from your warrior. This makes them quite undesirable compared to any other melee. I think by giving wizzy a massive aoe spell and making them even better wouldn't effect the overall world as they would still not be used by most.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 12:04:04 pm »

Wizard also gets the Curious Creation pets too. That's extra spell damage to scale damage above what equal tiered Druids would have.

-Hate

Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 01:40:40 pm »

ooh and how about beings as wizzys get the shaft when it comes to strike augs instead of tserrinas staff make it an aug that'll fit into a casters epic? Anywho the aoe would be more of a play thing as when your fighting larger mobs with a wizzy strait nuke would be pretty much all you use anyway.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 03:13:49 pm »

I think wizards are fine.

Keeze
red2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 05:49:08 pm »

Speaking of druids... i have done this a few times on t6 runs to test it out. Basically, anytime i click the druid epic for the PBAOE, its nearly insta-death. Already switched warrior back to 6.0 from whip, to do 2x nerdsV, 1 nerds IV, to try to get aoe agro.
I had a buddy with me on a few runs last night, it was the running joke. oh i should click it now , .... Now Loading ...

even when i pulled a group of about 10, got down to last 2-3, warrior had been clicking the UW6 aoe, plus nerds, and the druid died right after click.

What good is a nice AOE, if you CANNOT use it?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 07:19:10 pm »

Speaking of druids... i have done this a few times on t6 runs to test it out. Basically, anytime i click the druid epic for the PBAOE, its nearly insta-death. Already switched warrior back to 6.0 from whip, to do 2x nerdsV, 1 nerds IV, to try to get aoe agro.
I had a buddy with me on a few runs last night, it was the running joke. oh i should click it now , .... Now Loading ...

even when i pulled a group of about 10, got down to last 2-3, warrior had been clicking the UW6 aoe, plus nerds, and the druid died right after click.

What good is a nice AOE, if you CANNOT use it?

Druids and rangers have long been on my list of things to readjust. I've just not had time to do so.

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 10:21:10 pm »

You can use the druid AE clicky and not get instant agro, but you need to be smart about it. Nerd 5 is 0 added agro, just what you'd get from the damage and from the 2h epic buff and/or chanter buff. If you're using 2h clicky on warrior and pull a cluster a click of cyclone blade (maybe a UW click if you have one) should firmly seat AE agro and prevent druid or ranger epic AE from causing suicide.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
red2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 07:07:24 am »

yea, except , it does not. that was ... the point ...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 07:38:06 am »

I think wizards are fine.

+1

Wizard dps is pretty damn good Smiley

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 08:39:17 am »

How do Wizards DPS, both solo and in groups with certain classes, compare to other classes? Any numbers? I'm sure they are pretty high.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:11:07 am »

yea, except , it does not. that was ... the point ...

It does for me is what I was saying. Perhaps its because my druid isnt UC yet. The telling thing is to 1) make sure 2h click is on warrior for the extra 40% agro mod. 2) Make sure to click cyclone blade disc (refreshes pretty fast, like 45 seconds). 3) UW click with 2h epic stonewall up will get a ton of extra agro, too. 4) Irrational Irritation 3 helps a ton, too, if you have a chanter.

Bottom line is nerd 5's wont do much for agro by themselves, as they have no added agro component, as nerd 4's do. They are JUST AE damage.. Have to give em some help.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291