Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 02:20:02 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 09-22-13  (Read 28983 times)
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 01:15:35 pm »

Just dont loot them if you dont need them
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 01:17:52 pm »

If there is one thing I have learned about Hunter is when to shut the hell up. You people keep complaining and you are going to find out really quickly on your own when you bitch too much about a change Hunter has made he is going to knee jerk and make it even worse. If shit keeps going in ooc and on the forums your going log in one day and find that Hunter has disabled the quest all together. People just need to learn how to shut the hell up. Read over the forums and you will find plenty of examples.

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 02:44:50 pm »

YEA SHUT THE HELL UP ANULI... <3!

These people are not complaining; they're offering suggestions on how they think the quest may be improved. Hunter does not play on the server, so to understand how changes are affecting players, he needs feedback. I think Hunter values suggestions players make especially those that have been playing on the server for a long time like Anuli. EZ server is a lot of fun to play on and all some of us want to do is help make it an even more enjoyable experience. Whether or not he follows through with their suggestion is up to him. Its true that not all the comments made from UW changes have been constructive-- there has been plenty of QQ, but players should always be able to feel free to express their ideas because thats what helps move the server forward.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:05:29 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 08:24:27 pm »

If there is one thing I have learned about Hunter is when to shut the hell up. You people keep complaining and you are going to find out really quickly on your own when you bitch too much about a change Hunter has made he is going to knee jerk and make it even worse. If shit keeps going in ooc and on the forums your going log in one day and find that Hunter has disabled the quest all together. People just need to learn how to shut the hell up. Read over the forums and you will find plenty of examples.

And in today's news, hell froze over and I agreed with Xiggie.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »

YEA SHUT THE HELL UP ANULI... <3!

These people are not complaining; they're offering suggestions on how they think the quest may be improved. Hunter does not play on the server, so to understand how changes are affecting players, he needs feedback. I think Hunter values suggestions players make especially those that have been playing on the server for a long time like Anuli. EZ server is a lot of fun to play on and all some of us want to do is help make it an even more enjoyable experience. Whether or not he follows through with their suggestion is up to him. Its true that not all the comments made from UW changes have been constructive-- there has been plenty of QQ, but players should always be able to feel free to express their ideas because thats what helps move the server forward.

Sorry but I gotta call bullshit on this. This isn't feedback, this is people bitching about a change Hunter made in the game based on actual feedback he received over time. I am trying to give out a fair heads up based on my experience here. I have seen this all before and I know how it goes. Take it or leave it but I am stepping out of it because I don't want to contribute to it myself.

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 11:20:48 pm »

word
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 09:49:10 am »

I don't get what you're saying Anuli, why would you want to keep the top players from farming them quicker than everyone else when the whole point of the weapon's inception was something for only top tier players to farm anyhow?

I know I explained my opinion poorly. I don't want it to be harder for top tiers, I want it to be possible for them only. You know how its super easy to pull the entire floor of ToFS 2, 3, and 4 for top people, but not for lower people?
 well instead of the essences being available on lower floors (where a T8 warrior can just farm them faster and easier, I was saying only put them on floor 6 and 7, so that only people who can kill there can get them. But on floor 6, they should be just as rare or slightly more rare than 7 so that people aren't back-farming the easier floor because they are OP for it. Like, if he were to put ess of gods major in qvic, you'd go there for them instead of waste time consuming tokens and more effort.

I'm all for only keeping ess of ToFS on Svartmane. I don't think the UW should be something anyone does underneath the top two tiers of progression but Hunter clearly is thinking about making it a little more accessible to lower people so, I thought lower, but not too low.

I also think it would be something to think about that the ess bosses in ToFS be top tier based, so someone with no UW Full T7 group should be able to kill the floor 6 boss and someone full T8 group can kill Svart. But when T9 comes out, floor 6 boss is given floor 7 boss stats and floor 7 boss gets upped accordingly.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:33 am »

I have a different mind set. I don't see why you can't progress through the UW quest under the top tier. You obviously get drops in the lower zones that prepare you for your UW. If the point of the UW was to give top end geared players something to do, then the drops should have been in top tiers only from the get go. I think putting a single bottle neck drop in, is a band aide.

If you keep with the theme of collecting 100 from each zone then it only makes sense to add a drop of some sort to each floor since Hunter is utilizing TOFS. I'm not saying that drop from each floor is in the combine, but make it a second quest within a quest. Why not put it as 1/700 drop on a boss that is a piece of the essence. Then combine the 6 (1 each floor boss) to make the essence. That way it's easier for those that are geared to just go up to 7 and get the essence but make the lower tiered players work for it. A little give, a little take.

Keeze
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 03:19:27 pm »

YEA SHUT THE HELL UP ANULI... <3

Flattery will get you everywhere Wink
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »

From the "close but no cigar crowd" ... the quest is hard enough now.  Leave it alone or tone it down even (better drop rate/lower floors on TOFS ESS).   Full T7, Max Shield and UW VI does not mean you can play on floor 6 without penalty.  In fact, without UW and Shield my other T7 toons bite it hard on 5 if I don't continually mash the group cure button rapidly followed by group heal.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »

I'm still working on T9 right now in oldcommons, but still have UW on my mind, and thinking how to make it easier but still keeping it rare as possible on the server. I realize current setup in ToFS excludes anyone that isn't T7+ from getting UW ranks. Will figure a way to make mid tier players have a rare chance to get components.

I thought about using resist stones, such as Stone XI for UW1 ... Stone XIX for UW9, but realize the math on that, would make players go insane.

Don't forget that regular custom tier progress is possible without the UW since most of it was created and blanced before UW even existed. And now that rampage is gone and we have hundreds of new custom spells made by Hateborne, content is even easier than before. You don't have to have an UW to get to end game. Its more or less super rare item that gives end gamers that did everything something more to grind.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 03:09:34 am »

No more insane than trying to farm 100 gods minor, Hunter Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 03:25:53 am »

Scepter X just saying........2+1 should equal 3!!! not 2+2=3!!! just saying mind died long ago witht his quest lol
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 05:14:25 am »

How about making the essences drop from level 6-7 AND be no-drop....that way they cant be sold and keeps those who cant handle that section of the zone from being able to get them w/o having gone through the progression steps?  Since, at this moment, EoFS is not used in any strike aug combinesit shouldn't hurt any players dps.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 05:41:32 am »

IS there a way that the lower levels of ToFS bosses (essence ones) could be linked to level.

This is in regards to Anuli's post about higher tier folks farming lower tiers because of ease.

If you can't spawn the essence boss outside your current tier/level, then you have to always farm what is geared towards your abilities, keeping it equally challenging.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)