Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 04:53:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Ninjalooting  (Read 47882 times)
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 07:56:57 pm »

Content is doable, ya, just saying that Qvic bosses feel harder then Tacvi Tongue
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:33 pm »

To say that the only way to progress is ninja loot or beg for help is a very simple way of looking at things. You can join a guild, there are guilds that regularly do qvic and epic runs. Granted not all of the guilds do epic runs there are lower end guilds that do them as well. As for a solo person not being able to go into qvic and get their 3.0, I guarantee you this server would not have the population it has if they could.

There are ways to progress on this server, it's just those ways are harder than vulturing.

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 08:07:45 pm »

Like i said do not take my word for it create a new character and with no help from your guildies/friends just see how far you can go without asking for help Smiley

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 08:25:14 pm »

Like i said do not take my word for it create a new character and with no help from your guildies/friends just see how far you can go without asking for help Smiley

And what I started here knowing everyone? No, I started here just like most everyone else starts now, knowing no one and not having any leg up. Again, if you are talking about a solo person then yes, they will get stuck in time. It clearly indicates it is a raid zone so you have to bring more than one toon with you. If you are staying that it is not able to be done with 3 or 4 toons, then you just need to change your strat/choice of characters.

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 08:29:48 pm »

And what I started here knowing everyone? No, I started here just like most everyone else starts now, knowing no one and not having any leg up. Again, if you are talking about a solo person then yes, they will get stuck in time. It clearly indicates it is a raid zone so you have to bring more than one toon with you. If you are staying that it is not able to be done with 3 or 4 toons, then you just need to change your strat/choice of characters.

My point is that when new players enter there are not many other new players to group with. Most you see are some one elses alt being ran through these zones. So they see alot of rotting corpses and these are what they use to equip themselves with while progressing. Finding 4 new players to hit qvic with is extremely rare. but seeing groups of people slaughtering the zone for gear letting tokens rott is alot more common.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 08:32:51 pm »

My point is that when new players enter there are not many other new players to group with. Most you see are some one elses alt being ran through these zones. So they see alot of rotting corpses and these are what they use to equip themselves with while progressing. Finding 4 new players to hit qvic with is extremely rare. but seeing groups of people slaughtering the zone for gear letting tokens rott is alot more common.

Thus proving my point:
There are ways to progress on this server, it's just those ways are harder than vulturing.

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 08:38:44 pm »

Anyone actually have a picture of a Vulture? A vulture is a bird correct? Whats one even look like?
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 08:41:17 pm »

the keyword to take home from zolton's post was "no help from your guildies/friends".

He finally figured out that we all came to this server with a full guild and a set group of friends.

Never in the history of EZ Server has anyone slowly put together a guild formed solely on the basis of "Hey you look like you're struggling too, lets form a guild" or "Hey you don't have a guild but you run around for 5-6 chars all the time, would you like to join us if not just for the extra chat channel?"

The previous paragraph has *never* happened on EZ.

p.s. vultures are huge birds.
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 10:13:00 pm »

Thus proving my point:

Actually more to proving mine. How can you kill a boss already dead? I have in the past sat and tried to get a group going for qvic. I sat there for 3+ hours looking for others to group with. Then a group came in i sent a tell asking if they were after tokens and gear? or just tokens. When they said gear i asked to tag along to loot tokens for my epic. They said sure no problem so i tagged along watched and learned and chatted with them. After i got the tokens they offered to do the last 5 i needed to help me out.

I don't think its so much the new players as the old ones thinking they are to leet to help a new guy out. How are the new players to learn if others are not there to help them out and teach them? Not every player who starts out on ez server are ex raiders or people who have played eq for years. Some need help learning the controls and commands and what is considered taboo. So rather then helping these new players people would much rather gripe and complain about some one trying to get ahead the only way they can?

On some games and servers it is considered taboo to camp quest mobs for gear without a player in the group that needs the quest item. Maybe thats what is needed here. You want to camp qvic mobs to get that last armor piece? Well be forced to take some one along needing the tokens. Which i do not understand why some people that are only there for gear do not invite others needing tokens. But i am guessing they are afraid of them looting gear. If they do that kick them simple enough right?

istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 10:31:05 pm »

On some games and servers it is considered taboo to camp quest mobs for gear without a player in the group that needs the quest item. Maybe thats what is needed here. You want to camp qvic mobs to get that last armor piece? Well be forced to take some one along needing the tokens.

That wouldn't work when you need Qvic gear to make t0/t1/t2/t3/t4...
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:18 pm »

On some games and servers it is considered taboo to camp quest mobs for gear without a player in the group that needs the quest item. Maybe thats what is needed here. You want to camp qvic mobs to get that last armor piece? Well be forced to take some one along needing the tokens.

That wouldn't work when you need Qvic gear to make t0/t1/t2/t3/t4...

That may be true but what is the point of letting tokens rott/destroying them to stop players from progressing? One would think qvic would be more friendly considering you always have people who need tokens and others needing gear. It should be a give and take there as they are farming their gear and the ones needing tokens are looting the rotts. but instead you hear comments made such as "scavengers" or "vultures".

If it was set up that to farm for the qvic armor you need at least 1 person with you who needs tokens would be beneficial. Corpses all over lag the zone alot add to that the warrior augs and such that crash the zone make it a real pita to farm qvic any way. This way they can get their gear and others can get tokens. Not sure why you would think this would not work.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 10:47:16 pm »

PoTime is doable by 4 people in full BoT gear.
LDoN is doable by 4 people in full PoTime gear.
Qvic is doable by 4 people in full LDoN gear.
Tacvi is doable by 4 people in full Qvic gear.
PoD T1 is doable by 4 people in full Tacvi gear.
PoD T2 is doable by 4 people in full PoD T1 gear.

I do not see the problem here. Content is not so difficult that ninja looting is acceptable. Ninja looting is never acceptable.
this is true, the issue isnt the hardness, the issue is the availability.
Qvic is harder due to access to the zone and mob locations compared to the other zones prior.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 10:49:44 pm »

i am hoping more and more read the forums, yes, EZ is a self policing server,  but i do wish we had more bans to send messages to those offending.
Maybe an interim GM while Hunter is afk, i know wicked was helping but, we could have sent a message to that entire "Guild" in question quickly and probably stop a lot of shit from happening after.
istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »

That may be true but what is the point of letting tokens rott/destroying them to stop players from progressing? One would think qvic would be more friendly considering you always have people who need tokens and others needing gear. It should be a give and take there as they are farming their gear and the ones needing tokens are looting the rotts. but instead you hear comments made such as "scavengers" or "vultures".

If it was set up that to farm for the qvic armor you need at least 1 person with you who needs tokens would be beneficial. Corpses all over lag the zone alot add to that the warrior augs and such that crash the zone make it a real pita to farm qvic any way. This way they can get their gear and others can get tokens. Not sure why you would think this would not work.

If people are unable to a) box the zone, or b) unable to find groups for the zone, then why do they need the tokens anyways? So that they can continue to be unable to box/find groups in tacvi/t1/t2/t3/t4?

Either join a guild or find a group that has less than 6 people who only need the gear to join up with.... or 4+ box.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 10:58:39 pm »

Actually more to proving mine. How can you kill a boss already dead? I have in the past sat and tried to get a group going for qvic. I sat there for 3+ hours looking for others to group with. Then a group came in i sent a tell asking if they were after tokens and gear? or just tokens. When they said gear i asked to tag along to loot tokens for my epic. They said sure no problem so i tagged along watched and learned and chatted with them. After i got the tokens they offered to do the last 5 i needed to help me out.

It is good that you got help but to suggest the mobs are perma camped is incorrect. I was in there recently and though there were times I had to wait, the wait was actually less than when I started over a year ago because the respawn was reduced from 2 hours. If anything it has gotten easier.

I don't think its so much the new players as the old ones thinking they are to leet to help a new guy out. How are the new players to learn if others are not there to help them out and teach them? Not every player who starts out on ez server are ex raiders or people who have played eq for years. Some need help learning the controls and commands and what is considered taboo. So rather then helping these new players people would much rather gripe and complain about some one trying to get ahead the only way they can?

If you have not figured out the controls by the time you've reached qvic then you should consider finding something else to do with your time than playing games on a computer. As for server etiquette, again you should have learned this already, the rest you can learn from the forums. However to suggest that people don't know that it is impolite to steal loot is incredibly naive. As for learning the content, others before you have learned it just fine. Remember, this server was not born with people having 3.0's.

On some games and servers it is considered taboo to camp quest mobs for gear without a player in the group that needs the quest item. Maybe thats what is needed here. You want to camp qvic mobs to get that last armor piece? Well be forced to take some one along needing the tokens. Which i do not understand why some people that are only there for gear do not invite others needing tokens. But i am guessing they are afraid of them looting gear. If they do that kick them simple enough right?

I've played a lot if different games, I have played most of the green servers on eqemu, I played eqlive, I played wow live and wow emu, and I could go on and on. I have never heard of a game that it was taboo to camp something you need, even if it is a quest item that drops with other items you need. This is a naive one sided ideology.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)