Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:03:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: CoH Reward item in ToFS  (Read 9608 times)
Eruditeone

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2013, 05:49:24 pm »

I recall Hunter mentioning that code had been implemented, to prevent a previous exploit that allowed un-keyed characters from going to levels they were not allowed to go into. If that code has been implemented, can we get our GCoH reward items to work in ToFS, like it does in other Non-CoH zones? Anyone that has spent any time there knows that it is a giant PITA to run 6-12 characters to the upper levels.

I know Im bitching, but it is a reward item, after all.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:42:17 pm »

Every character needs to be keyed.

Once you all get to the 7th floor and get master key from Tserrina, then you can use the left mirror on first floor to go strait to the 7th floor, then you'll be in a mirror room where you can teleport to any other floor.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Eruditeone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »

I understand that all characters need keyed. Im simply saying, I wish I could use the GCoH to bring all my keyed chars to level 5, instead of running and dying and whatnot.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 09:39:55 pm »

I understand that all characters need keyed. Im simply saying, I wish I could use the GCoH to bring all my keyed chars to level 5, instead of running and dying and whatnot.

Honestly, I really agree with the keying each character method. I was against at first, but after spending hours per character keying it...I heavily agree with Hunter's stance. With the items here, there are some fairly strong items that can come from TOFS.

There are a few things that I am having issues with currently (specifically floor 3 boss spawn rate) and aoe debuff radius being slightly too big and too often. Otherwise, TOFS is a zone that I enjoy fairly well.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:50:01 pm »

I look at ToFS like I look at T5... total PITA that you have to get through in order to move on in levels.  That probably means working as intended.  =)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 09:59:38 pm »

With all the stuff that Hateborne and myself added to the zone, its definitely a place worth going to.

Heroic Resist Augments
Charm v1 and v2 upgrades
Various Armor and Weapon drops added huge stats
Roaming Gnome for Pet Weapon Quest
Coward Aug (reduced aggro effect).
Pet Illusions
Essence(s) of Frozen Shadow

... and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting, but basically you can work on all of that stuff at the same time. And you'll probably get a few AA while doing it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 11:30:03 pm »

I have no issue with running characters through....biggest issue I have is that the zone for some reason is 10000 times more fubar than it ever was live....characters stuck, mob corpses killed on floor 1 but end up unlootable on floor 2....if you /hidec all then /hidec 0 they end up at zone in to floor 1, unlootable...and mobs seem so ignore pesky things like walls, floors, etc. I know there's no way you can make a CoH item work in ToFS without allowing people to summon a group from 1st floor to 5th whether they ar4e keyed or not.....its just that this is easily the second worst zone to move around in for EZ custom zones (behind Abyss).

LOVE ToFS, live, and really love it here. Just hate how buggy pathing and moving through to zone can be.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 02:47:19 am »

...if a toon is not properly keyed atm, they are ported out.  I think the point is that since you have to be keyed to be on a floor, why not allow coh?  Unkeyed characters wouldn't be on floors they should not be on regardless.  Would also be nice if the run speed clicks worked now too since you get fading memories when you click a mirror.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 12:53:53 pm »

The mirrors work when the first person runs and gathers a train and teles to the next level, but Ive had it where I run thru with one toon, click, switch to the second and run to the same mirror before the mobs go away and click it then they all follow the second toon to the next floor.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 02:35:08 pm »

So I can get a toon the level 7 key and Coh him past the trap right to tserrina corpse in mirror room
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 02:45:59 pm »

Why would you need to coh them past?  You could just let them die to the trap and drag them and rez.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »

Just to save a few minutes
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 04:15:59 pm »

all toons zoning like that creates a lot of the lag
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 08:15:34 pm »

So I can get a toon the level 7 key and Coh him past the trap right to tserrina corpse in mirror room

Once you get the key off Tserrna, you no longer have to run through the trap...you port from floor 1 to the mirror room on floor 7.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 10:22:19 pm »

Or imagine getting a key on 6. Then the group succors hits the main mirror, ports to mirror room, and then coh the new keyholder.  You saved 15 minutes Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)