Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 03:06:45 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: New ideas (updated 11/4)  (Read 29623 times)
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2013, 09:37:41 am »

Hello friends. Below are a list of some ideas I have been thinking about because I have way too much free time and was interested in some player feedback.

Zones:

CT:
Remove all of the default loot from bosses and trash (not including gems).

Airplane:
Add a boss like Angry Beholder and Ancient Dragon that may be triggered the same way Black Unicorn is triggered in Halloween event. The teleporter could require 50 t4 or 100 t3 tokens for spawning a boss that would drop gminor and gmajor essences along with some random armor and clicky items.

Anguish:
Add Jelvan's Keepsake chest to list of chests that may be opened via /open command.

Lopingplains:
Increase zone repop time to 12 hours. Currently players have to deal with repops while killing mobs triggered from the cycle.
Allow Loping Plains HP/Mana Regen to fit in any aug slot and increase mana regen amount to 500 from 300. Currently these augs become obsolete as soon as players accumulate Hp slot augments for all gear slots.

UPDATE 11/4
Add Plat bag to Greed mob in Loping Plains.

UPDATE 11/9
Create an epic downgrade vendor where players can hand in their 7.0s to receive a 6.0 epic. They would lose 7.0 book in the process but many players would appreciate this given they prematurely upgrade to 7.0 without realizing the change in aug slots.

Temple of Veeshan:
Remove all default loot from trashes and bosses (not including gems).
Make Red/Silver/Green scales stackable.
Increase chance for bosses to drop scales.
Increase chance for trash to drop ToV essences/ add increased chance for bosses to drop essences.
Add leaf augments to loot table of trash/ bosses(players confirmed with me they werent dropping).

Random:

Willowisps:
Add chance for willowisps to trigger boss spawns on death that drop increased number of Greater lightstones. Higher ranks could drop SLS' and some clicky items. The Halloween trigger event is really solid, why restrict it to just Halloween?

Spells:

Clerics:
Add higher rank of Word of Vivification.
Allow Seismic Shift spells to be usable by Clerics.

UPDATE
Warriors:
Create new upgrade to Angry Nerds aug for slot 22 weapons. Limiting the warrior 7.0 to one aug slot with only current angry nerds augs to fill it really makes the 7.0 1 hander worthless. Idea: make angerbomb, the warrior clicky from T4 (ID= 112644) the proc for the upgraded angry nerds item and increase the efficiency to make it proc more.

UPDATE 11/2
Mask Quest:
How many players have said something in ooc about turning items in they should have rather combined in a magic box? What if there was an item that served as a tutorial for using the magic box players upgraded as they leveled on the server. I was thinking a magic box could be added to character's inventory as well as a rank 1 noobie mask players could equip. A note could also be added instructing players that most items are combined in a magic box on this server and to understand the mechanism, they should purchase noobie mask rank 2 upgrade from the noobie vendor and then combine the upgrade + given mask in a magic box. Successive upgrades for the mask could be obtained in every custom zone players level up in until they are ready to raid. The ranks could continue after 70, implementing quests to the vendors present in each custom zone that ask for items gathered throughout the zone to result in an upgrade to the mask.

UPDATE 11/4
Ultimate Weapons:
Upgrade procs and clicky effects to Ultimate weapons X, XI, XII.
Add Ultimate fist type weapon and a 2hand slashing weapon.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:29:59 am by Hulkpunch » Logged
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:12 am »

Disagree on changing vie. And need plat drops added to tov and tofs 6/7.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:39:44 am »

I can't speak on the t6+ stuff.

I like most of the ideas for tiers that I do.   Would have to be a balancing of the God tier stuff that it's worth doing token wise.

The chain willowisp idea is cool.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:14:57 am »

Zones:

Airplane:
Add a boss like Angry Beholder and Ancient Dragon that may be triggered the same way Black Unicorn is triggered in Halloween event. The teleporter could require 50 t4 or 100 t3 tokens for spawning a boss that would drop gminor and gmajor essences along with some random armor and clicky items.

Maybe a chance per turn in (say 1/500 T3 or 1/300 T4) to spawn this new boss. Possibly do a check to make sure no one t6 flagged or above is on island (so it wouldn't be a free kill type of thing for elites).

Abyss:
Make abyss essence 100% drop off the boss White.

I disagree heavily. White is a bit too easy to get. I've been suggesting this for a year: On zone clear, 100% chance for ANY boss to spawn. This would help elites backflag faster and reward those that killed the entire zone with another chance at a boss instead of simply spamming instances.

Lopingplains:
Increase zone repop time to 12 hours. Currently players have to deal with repops while killing mobs triggered from the cycle.

This is partially why I'll likely never clear T6 anytime soon and T7 is my end. I do NOT have 3-4 hours that I can dump into the game in one sitting for several months. I get maybe 2h max, which may be days away from last play session. As a result, I'm highly unlikely to ever even make it to OMM. If T7 is a power grind with a lot of time required per session, I'll never make it.

Random:

Willowisps:
Add chance for willowisps to trigger boss spawns on death that drop increased number of Greater lightstones. Higher ranks could drop SLS' and some clicky items. The Halloween trigger event is really solid, why restrict it to just Halloween?

I'm working on an event to help with this to some degree. :-)

Spells:

Clerics:
Add higher rank of Word of Vivification.
Allow Seismic Shift spells to be usable by Clerics.
Remove melee mitigation from Tower of Vie. Maybe make it a rune/ heal over time/ both?

Shamans:
Allow Seismic Shift spells to be usable by Shaman.

Clerics and Word of Viv...maybe. Seismic Shift, never. Druids got earth based AoEs and will keep earth based AoEs. Clerics are not DPS and do not have any noteworthy AoEs. I am considering adding classifications (undead, animal, etc) spells that allow say a paladin to convert a mob's type temporarily (~3min) so clerics and paladins get horrifying damage/debuff potential via undead-only spells (fully theoretical example...).

Tower of Vie will be returned to partial melee rune (X% ignored until Y damage absorbed) since it was converted to int32 about 6 months ago (was int16 or ~32767 which is useless, int32 is ~ 2,147,483,647).

Shaman has Kiss of Antraygus (sp?) which is a poison based PBAOE, so not happening.

Reply back with other bits and I'll see if I can help with getting them created! :-D

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 11:35:59 am »

I disagree heavily. White is a bit too easy to get. I've been suggesting this for a year: On zone clear, 100% chance for ANY boss to spawn. This would help elites backflag faster and reward those that killed the entire zone with another chance at a boss instead of simply spamming instances.
I think that is a good idea. I just suggested the drop rate on white because I think he is kind of a pain in the butt to spawn and players farming the zone for essences generally skip killing corals because its more efficient to clear non rooted mobs and repop the zone.
Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 12:01:15 pm »

While I probably wouldn't use it even if it was available, clerics did get the same PBAOE as druids on live. Generally a few levels later.

Tremor: Druid 21, Cleric 34
Earthquake: Druid 31, Cleric 44
Upheaval: Druid 48, Cleric 52
Catastrophe: Druid 61, Cleric 64
Tectonic Quake Rk. 1-3: both 74
Tectonic Upheaval Rk. 1-3: both 79
Tectonic Tumult Rk. 1-3: both 84

The set from Omens expansion had different spell names, but the same damage it seems.

Earth Shiver: Druid 66
Calamity: Cleric 69

Both 1105 damage PBAOE

Clerics also got a PBAOE stun/dd line. So in that respect, they were better AOE dps than druids.

Again, doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Clerics are healers and don't really need the dps to be useful.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »

Surprising. I will consider it based on this info. Thank you Kaid

-Hate

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

The part about Abyss ess would be nice to be addressed. The problem with making white a 100% chance is that for people who just want to farm the ess, there is only 102 coral on the zone and with a high level UW you could swim around and kill them all in like 10 minutes then repop and repeat. It's easy. But, adding a new boss that spawned after everything was killing with a 75% chance to drop one would give much better incentive to clear the whole zone, but not guarenteeing the essence.
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 07:33:05 pm »

Server not balanced around UW
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 08:19:15 pm »

Abyss is already the next easiest/fastest zone to farm essences in after Loping Plains and Anguish.  I would have no issues with making even more trivial to farm essences, but I also don't really see the need.

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 09:02:10 pm »

This is partially why I'll likely never clear T6 anytime soon and T7 is my end. I do NOT have 3-4 hours that I can dump into the game in one sitting for several months.

Right, but the point is... this is a 4 hour respawn zone now.  He is asking that it be upped to 12 hour as most people cannot kill the zone before respawn starts.  For the folks that have 4+ hours to blow (or 12 in the case of the requester), and can't kill the zone in 4, this change would help.

H8, I'm with you on the ticking clock mechanic, but that doesn't really apply to T6 does it?  Once you get thru Jelvan you have days to finish the remainder... right?
Peign
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 09:52:17 pm »

12 hours would be too long for T7.   There needs to be some challenged.    4 hours does feel a tad rushed, but 12 would be way too long. 

5 hours seems just about right.   

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 10:03:12 pm »

12 hours would be too long for T7.   There needs to be some challenged.    4 hours does feel a tad rushed, but 12 would be way too long.

I think 8 would be fair.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 10:15:25 pm »

Maybe the respawns could be broken up. Instead of EVERYTHING respawning in four hours, maybe annoying things like roamers and small trigger packs at four but rest at X hours?

-Hate

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 10:20:05 pm »

zone is pretty static, if you have issues clearing it, just team up w/ other people working on it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6143
  • Latest: Toluene
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65077
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 89