Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2024, 12:40:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: New ideas (updated 11/4)  (Read 29812 times)
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 10:50:06 pm »

Maybe the respawns could be broken up. Instead of EVERYTHING respawning in four hours, maybe annoying things like roamers and small trigger packs at four but rest at X hours?
Seems like over complicating a simple fix. There really is no point to keeping the current ridiculously short length of the respawn timer: what negative impact would increasing the timer have? none. Worst case scenario is one types /say repop zone and start over.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:00:10 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:38 pm »

Marx hit it on the head, the 4 hour respawn promotes teaming up with other people to clear it. I don't see the current respawn as a roadblock considering people were doing it in January withou issue .  Not to mention the influx of strike 5's that go a long way to gearing a crew up.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 11:26:07 pm »

Marx hit it on the head, the 4 hour respawn promotes teaming up with other people to clear it. I don't see the current respawn as a roadblock considering people were doing it in January withou issue .  Not to mention the influx of strike 5's that go a long way to gearing a crew up.

Point, but if I can't sink that time in a single sitting, then I'm 100% content cockblocked. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »

Dont really know why people would argue for keeping the shorter respawn time: even with gear clearing the zone can take a long time with a constant cycle. Its not that the short respawn time makes the zone hard. This game is not hard. Its just one of those dumb things that can be easily fixed. Make people team up for difficult encounters, not to beat a respawn time that causes frustration for players. Saying it is a cockblock is a bit extreme, but it is definitely an annoyance that does not need to be there.

This is partially why I'll likely never clear T6 anytime soon and T7 is my end. I do NOT have 3-4 hours that I can dump into the game in one sitting for several months.

Hate was exactly right with his original comment
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:53:01 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 12:11:52 am »

I didn't argue for keeping the shorter respawn timer, I just pointed out that there's no reason to make it any longer than it is...people with less gear than current people have access to have been doing this for nearly a year.  And please understand that I'm not taking a shot at anyone, especially Hate who puts an assload of his free time into making this game more enjoyable for all of us...but people that are able to put in more time are the ones that are gonna have the shinies.  Hate knows when he gets to a point where he needs help, any number of us will step up and do it because he does it for us week in and week out.

To echo my opinion one more time, people were doing the clears in T7 before UW and before rampage was removed...you couldn't pull more than a handful of mobs without killing your crew when rampage was in game because they couldn't survive the damage.  The game hasn't gotten any harder, why does it need to be made any easier?

I'm all for people offering up solutions to what they see as problems, I'm just playing point-counterpoint.  The only time this game gets overly tedious for me is when you have to back flag new characters and bring them back up through gearing them, if there were a way to streamline that I'd be all for it.
Peign
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 12:15:26 am »

Point, but if I can't sink that time in a single sitting, then I'm 100% content cockblocked. :-)

-Hate

You don't have to clear the zone to progress.   You will get boss chains in 1.5 hours or so.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 05:35:19 am »

I think 4 hours is fine.

Narl and I did it straight out of T6 in february - granted, we didn't farm it all in one sitting, but I think it was reasonably balanced. Made you wan't to go back again and again, and appreciate the chains that actually made it to Wrath.

Less whine, more grind!
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 07:02:37 am »

Personal Opinions:

Would like to see a bit more V2 drop rate in ToFS either 3 or/and 4.  I hear it's great in 5, but by then "I believe" most people will have several UC'd chars.  Does anyone actually farm 4 for charms?

It seems like "most" people get their SoT X from halloween.  Perhaps stats could be raised a bit on the higher tiers (instead of just spell dmg # on the last one, could add incremental on all of them) or the quest could be made a bit faster so that the legit method of getting it isn't quite as unrewarding for time spent.  Perhaps adding a chain type event (and optionally making the chain pops indifferent con as not to punish lower players who just want the first tier for pull stick) similar to halloween.
I believe the X rank spell dmg does not stack with UC making it relatively trivial besides some resist and a chunk of HP once you get UCv2.

I'll also chime in and say I hope higher tiered content is not being balanced around UW.  I do not, however, think they should be nerfed in anyway for those who have them (I don't have one).  People put alot of time and effort into those and they deserve them.  If it means having them; you can roflstomp new content if it's not balanced around them, so be it, they deserve it.  Then again, only being in T6, I can't really say I know other than what Iv heard that it is or is not balanced around UW in the later tiers.

Is it time to add a rot bot to the next tier?

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 08:49:25 am »

Less whine, more grind!

Kind of a dumb attitude to have. People need to get away from the notion that making suggestions = people whining. I thought youd understand with your big post asking for changes in ToV.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »

I didn't argue for keeping the shorter respawn timer, I just pointed out that there's no reason to make it any longer than it is...people with less gear than current people have access to have been doing this for nearly a year.  And please understand that I'm not taking a shot at anyone, especially Hate who puts an assload of his free time into making this game more enjoyable for all of us...but people that are able to put in more time are the ones that are gonna have the shinies.  Hate knows when he gets to a point where he needs help, any number of us will step up and do it because he does it for us week in and week out.

To echo my opinion one more time, people were doing the clears in T7 before UW and before rampage was removed...you couldn't pull more than a handful of mobs without killing your crew when rampage was in game because they couldn't survive the damage.  The game hasn't gotten any harder, why does it need to be made any easier?

I'm all for people offering up solutions to what they see as problems, I'm just playing point-counterpoint.  The only time this game gets overly tedious for me is when you have to back flag new characters and bring them back up through gearing them, if there were a way to streamline that I'd be all for it.

Hmm, valid point. I would like to retract my previous statement. Well done :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 01:26:01 pm »

Hmm, valid point. I would like to retract my previous statement. Well done :-)

Huh? Increasing the respawn timer in T7 is not making the game easier, its just removing the current stupid in the zone. The game should not be setup so someone has to sit at there computer for 4hours straight to effectively clear the zone. Anguish is not setup like that. ToV is not setup like that. A 12 hour respawn time or 8 hour respawn time even just makes sense because it gives plenty of time for players to clear mobs, kill bosses, and afk if need be which is completely understandable in an hour window. Given the size of T7 and the amount of mobs in the zone its just something that makes sense.

Backflagging is not really something to complain about - you can clear zones 10x faster than you were when you were progressing through them plus you can farm for UW/augs at the same time.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »

I think you are totally missing the point, T7 was designed as a mass-clear, dps required zone and in its current form it actually promotes and rewards people for teaming up to gear up.

The is set up much the same way in T5, you won't be clearing the zone alone when you first break into it, anyone else at the same point in progression would benefit from teaming up with you to speed the clearing process. Hell, Hate used to organize public clears there that a lot of people showed up for. And much like T5, you don't have to clear the whole zone to get named mobs,  orcs and trees are a breeze and so are crocs/frogs. Are you suggesting T5 should have an 8 hour lockout on respawns as well?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:56:12 pm by Dimur » Logged
red2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 02:01:01 pm »

i have been waiting to chime in on this. t5 is 4 hour respawns. when i was progressing through the first time, with a mix oc UC chars and non-UC, strike augs in the 4,5,6 range, and 4.0-5.0 weapons ... i could usually clear the zone with my toons in 4 hours or less, never really felt rushed. except when i first broke in, but was doing guild raids then. t6 is what 3 day respawn. i can clear through to jevlan event, and finish the clear the next day. t7 how is a giant PITA. i am now a mix of 6 UC2, 6 UC1, about 50% with 7.0 books, and augs are all 8's or 9's. takes me about 5 hours of solid killing ( well more now with the giant t7 war bp nerf) to clear zone by myself. so if i work left to right, by the time i am done with the far left loop, some of the respawn chains have popped up all over, and the far right loop and walkway down are repop. here lately i will devote an entire saturday to t7 if solo. last time i did this, in 8-9 hours of solid killing, saw very few 7 deadly sins.  8-12 hours sounds alot better.
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 02:07:13 pm »

Are you suggesting T5 should have an 8 hour lockout on respawns as well?
No its not nearly as big and there is no spawn cycle. I do not know why people are putting up such a fuss about this issue - there are no negative consequences for increasing the respawn time for 12 hours. Lets move away from "ill help hateborne when he gets to t7 and so will everyone else so lets keep it the way it is!" and recognize that the way t7 is currently setup does not work as well as it COULD for many players that are unable to commit consecutive hours of play.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 02:35:18 pm »

28 hours... Give people two evening sittings to clear it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 101
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)