Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 03:11:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: New ideas (updated 11/4)  (Read 29633 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 07:52:49 pm »

hulkpuch just mad he cant buy everything in game to progress =(....QQ more!

I appreciate the fact that Hulk saw something as an issue to him and has attempted to voice his concerns, I don't think there's any reason to take shots at him for it.  If you have some constructive feedback to offer up, by all means say it but why be petty?

Getting back to the original intent of the post, I agree T8 needs to be addressed.  I've accumulated in excess of 80 essences in there doing full clears of the zone, have finished 2 ucv3 and am over halfway to a 3rd one and I've probably seen less plat bags than I do in a single clear of T6 or T7...not to mention that the plat bags dropping in T8 range from the smallest to largest, so even if you see one it probably won't be a 78k one anyhow.  It'd be nice to set it on the same rate as T7 trash drops and I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of the original zone trash drops (pages, tradeskill crap, original ToV armor, etc.)

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2013, 08:32:43 pm »

hulkpuch just mad he cant buy everything in game to progress =(....QQ more!

I appreciate the fact that Hulk saw something as an issue to him and has attempted to voice his concerns, I don't think there's any reason to take shots at him for it.  If you have some constructive feedback to offer up, by all means say it but why be petty?

Getting back to the original intent of the post, I agree T8 needs to be addressed.  I've accumulated in excess of 80 essences in there doing full clears of the zone, have finished 2 ucv3 and am over halfway to a 3rd one and I've probably seen less plat bags than I do in a single clear of T6 or T7...not to mention that the plat bags dropping in T8 range from the smallest to largest, so even if you see one it probably won't be a 78k one anyhow.  It'd be nice to set it on the same rate as T7 trash drops and I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of the original zone trash drops (pages, tradeskill crap, original ToV armor, etc.)

ToFS floors 5+, ToV, T8 weapons, and a variety of new effects are pending replies from Hunter. It's been ~2 weeks. Once Halloween ends and the bossman gets his bearings back from the nightmare with the earthquakes, hopefully additions will continue.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2013, 08:44:20 pm »

I wouldn't be so harsh on the longer repop on T7...if you need the zone to refresh after a clear just /say repop instance and your problem is fixed.  Shouldn't be an issue to have t7 have the same kind of respawn timer as t6...heck I remember it taking 2 days to clear t6 when the content first came out and I didn't have decent strike augs

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »

The difference between T6 and T7 (regarding respawn timers) is that in T6 if you can't clear quickly, you will never be able to get to the end bosses that you need to gear your crew. (If the respawn was as short as T7) In T7 there is no such limitation and the respawn timer reflects that.

Quote from: Fugitive
Chuckles
Guffaws
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:56:56 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »

Yeah, there's no reason you need to clear the zone to progress, much different than T6.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 07:39:54 am »

No you are right.  You don't need to clear the zone to progress BUT once you kill the initial stone droppers...and all of X-mob-type, give an hour or so and then more stone droppers spawn.  So if you are not killing as fast as others do...you will miss those spawn and as a direct result miss the possible named that could spawn as a direct result.  So I can see the issue they are complaining about.

Peign
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2013, 09:07:52 am »

No you are right.  You don't need to clear the zone to progress BUT once you kill the initial stone droppers...and all of X-mob-type, give an hour or so and then more stone droppers spawn.  So if you are not killing as fast as others do...you will miss those spawn and as a direct result miss the possible named that could spawn as a direct result.  So I can see the issue they are complaining about.

Which is the design of the zone.  Extending the timer on repop would break this design.   To me that is the challenge,  being able to get the right balance of tank/dps/healing to be able to clear relatively quickly and thus get those stone droppers.  Those that are able to clear quick (Your team Raygan  Smiley  ) have put a lot of time and effort into their teams.  

Yes T7 is challenging and yes it can be very challenging when you first enter.     It will take time to clear T7 and progress.   Again, I believe this is by design.   Not everyone in every mmorpg will be able to progress to end game.   You definitely will not be able to progress without putting in the time.

I rarely clear the zone to its entirety and the majority of my team is flagged for T8.     If someone is struggling clearing 40 mobs and getting a stone dropper then they may not be ready for T7 as a solo team.   I'd suggest teaming up.   If you are still struggling then you may need to retool your squad or rethink your strategy.    

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:38:20 am by Peign » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 10:43:22 am »

I see your point, and very valid it is.   Cheesy

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 11:30:01 am »

so...what about the other changes i posted about? p
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2013, 05:24:07 pm »

UPDATE
Warriors:
Create new upgrade to Angry Nerds aug for slot 22 weapons. Limiting the warrior 7.0 to one aug slot with only current angry nerds augs to fill it really makes the 7.0 1 hander worthless. Idea: make angerbomb, the warrior clicky from T4 (ID= 112644) the proc for the upgraded angry nerds item and increase the efficiency to make it proc more.

Hulk, I'm going to wait on this as this may be affected with the T8 change and because I'm damn near refusing to remove the only 1-up that knights have. I will adjust Angerbomb to make it more friendly, but giving the tank that is skewing the game for the other tanks another one-up (and the LAST one-up knights have)...I just can't do it.

Don't worry though, I am noting this in my TODO list.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2013, 05:45:19 pm »

What if angry nerds augs were made usable for pal/sk?
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 03:52:56 am »

What if angry nerds augs were made usable for pal/sk?

Then we all know a certain someone that will want them for a druid.
Not mentioning any names =D
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 07:32:58 am »

I wouldn't want the AoE on my Pally from Nerds.  Any time I've clicked Dread Gaze with appropriate level content he's gone down in a second and that was with SM pet and KHH
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2013, 09:20:59 am »

so dont put the nerds aoe on ur pally u dingus - put firestrike instead.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:25:59 am by Hulkpunch » Logged
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2013, 05:04:41 am »

Ok I guess I dont play here enough, I just got my characters all Epic 7.0s and my bard war pally etc etc I cant use their augs now?  All I see is Type 22. And none of my rank5+ augs seem to fit it.

Are we expected to have max augs or something?  yes confused/mad, pretty much cant play atm because of this.

Also, would love for T7 to have a longer repops.. Its annoying as heck trying to track new spawns with the old ones respawning in the middle of everything.  Make it like a day or something.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:07:41 am by Tankdan » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6143
  • Latest: Toluene
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65077
  • Total Topics: 5061