Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:44:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Minor Updates & Fixes  (Read 16235 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:29:32 am »

Going to focus on any quick fixes that need to be made since power and internet is some what more stable now.

Essence of Cazic Thule made a bit more common.

Waypoint script edited/fixed to require you be in a public zone if you enter instance. This is to prevent (or slow down) some abuse that has been going on. Was thinking about using a timer, but wouldn't have fixed the problem.

T8 OldCommons night time undead aggro radius reduced to 1/3 of previous aggro range.

Reward Succor clickie updated, and new spell file available for that to work. Should help prevent having to double zone when doing succor in an instance. Will go into affect after next server reboot.

Any other quick fix request are welcome here.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:13:32 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:38:03 am »

Could you please take a look at the Pet classes and Halloween Pets?  If a pet class summons a halloween pet, it now dismisses the original pet.  It used to just give the buff and say "you can only have one pet at a time".  That was much better Smiley

Thanks

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:10:29 am »

Not sure why it does that. Which Halloween pets are doing that? All of them? Or new one? Could compare broken one to working one to find a fix.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:21:29 am »

It is with the Insane Goblin.

Edit ****

Asked online and it is the same issue with older halloween pets

It has also been brought to my attention that pets are losing summoned weapons when they zone now.  I have to assume they also lose summoned necks?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:28:36 am by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:55:00 am »

Its all of them.......thou now i don thave that problem due to my enchanter and bst's CT pets are MIA for some reason.....
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:39:30 am »

Hunter, seems very random for me. Sometimes IG or SM will replace a pet, and other times (same character, same zone) they do not and you get the message that you cant have 2 pets at the same time but you still get the pet buff. I wasnt able to see a pattern to it.

As I stated before on the broken stuff thread, the qvic quest npc still directs you to Twinkle Toes for 3.0 book, and actually ports you to the zone. Uncertain whether or not its been fixed.

Custom pets no longer keep casters guild/ToFS pet weapons when they zone, no matter what AA you have.

Thank you for revisiting CT drop rate. This was severely limiting the ability of newer players/characters to make strike augs.

Level 1 to 20 is VERY frustrating for newer players I've spoken to. The melee changes here cap weapon delay at what....40 or so? Along with that from 1 to 20 damage is capped as well.....so a level 19 warrior swings their weapon once every 4 seconds and does MAX 20 damage. I cant think this was your intent. Perhaps remove the damage cap under 20, if possible....or perhaps give all players the ability to summon a melee pet that vanishes once you ding 20 (just a possible suggestion).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 04:48:49 pm »

it takes 5 mins to get to 20 with buff bot damage shield
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 04:58:05 pm »

Yea, level 20 is done in maybe 10 minutes.

Hunter, could you fix double loot script to include the chests in T6 ?

Keeze
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 05:46:40 pm »

I personally think in the MOTD or somewhere for newbies it would be nice if you put that this is a boxing server,  and that macroquest 2 / eqbcs is allowed. It may seem evident but i think a majority of new people solo to 70 or however far they get and then realize they can't do anything without a boxed group.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 10:55:25 pm »

Or the lazy assed sumbishes could spend a few minutes and read the ezguide. Link it in ooc all the time and still get questions it answers minutes after I do. When I ask why they dont read the guide I get "Who has time for that!" or "Its too long". So I just ignore em.

And yes, you can do 1 to 20 in no time with high level help....but believe it or else some people actually do try to do shit on their own here.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 11:21:38 pm »

This is exactly why they should know what they're getting into from the start. I cringe whenever I see in ooc a lvl 52-53 char asking what to do to level, because they're basically screwed, depending what class they picked until they're 70 (and beyond), unless they boxed. The same thing happens and is asked again and again so it makes sense that people are somewhat aware of what they're getting into. The leveling quests give a false sense of what is to come later on as they're very solo friendly until around 50.

You don't need any fancy buffs; you can level easily to at least 35 or above with just buff bot buffs.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:23:11 pm by arya1 » Logged
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 01:20:25 am »

When did you last level a character from 1 to 20 with just buff bot buffs.....no high level buffs?

Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:09 am »

Hunter, could you fix double loot script to include the chests in T6 ?
T6 already drops too many ess during double loot.  Having chest drop 2 seems overkill.  

And unless your tank has 2.5mil+ hitpoints, it is far more efficient to skip OMM entirely and rush each boss while skipping unnecessary trash, then repop.  Can clear in half the time and average 2-3 ess per clear.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:01:47 am by Tankdan » Logged
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 03:17:46 am »

Not sure why it does that. Which Halloween pets are doing that? All of them? Or new one? Could compare broken one to working one to find a fix.

Could make them all temporary pets? Might need 1 extra line inside the hail pet buff script to see the owner of the swarm pet  ... $npc->GetSwarmOwner();

Also make sure the spells are all self only that way the pet will follow the player who cast it Smiley
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:19:46 am by Paldail » Logged

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 03:26:28 am »

When did you last level a character from 1 to 20 with just buff bot buffs.....no high level buffs?

Took about an hour for a new pally.  I assume most toons would be about the same since the damage shield did most of the work.  It'd be much faster if the teleporter would teleport you to the next zone before you hit the level for the quest.  The mobs go green before you hit the level for the next zone.

What would really help is putting a fixed duration on the damage shield from the buff bot, I probably spent more time zoning and running to where the mobs in Paludal were than actual fighting.  I also went to Oasis since I killed everything in Paludal which was just a waste of zoning/running time.  Mobs in the water suck and there weren't many of them easily found.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:28:22 am by lerxst2112 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678