Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:05:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Minor Updates & Fixes  (Read 16352 times)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 03:41:18 am »

Now that you mention that lerxst.. the buff timers are messed up because they are duration buffs based on level of the caster.. so if it was changed so that the NPC casts the buffs it would last the normal time if the NPC is a high level.

Code:
my $Group = $client->GetGroup();
$Group->CastGroupSpell($npc, $_) for @Spell20;

@Sepll20 being the level 20 and lower spells array or whatever.. would be cast by the npc instead of quest::selfcast which I think is being used?

Would be helpful for noobs who just start at level 1 and want normal buffs from the buffbot Smiley

arya1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 08:53:50 am »

Leveling to 20 is not the biggest concern for new players.

The same scenario is played over and over. A person somehow levels to 70 or 52, and asks for help to get to 70 or get 1.5 / 2.0 etc.  People DO help them, because they know there's no way they can do it themselves solo. Once they do get that, the person is in limbo because they cannot progress nor can they really help their other chars to get their 1.5 / 2.0 (again depends what class they picked) because it isn't such a big boost that they can solo it themselves now. I'm sure many quit at this point.

It would make sense to me that they are fully aware that this is a boxing server from the start, they need UF client, mq2/eqbc etc to make the server playable for the most part. I never looked into the forums until i had to when i was level 55 and was going no where as I was solo.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:50:12 pm by arya1 » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 03:32:50 pm »

I'm sure many quit at this point.

If they quit that quick, those people, if they made it to higher level tiers, would quit at the grind involved with them, specifically t5.

Keeze
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 03:52:16 pm »

i see a potential problem with having to zone to public between instances. zoning 6+ toons puts tons of stress on our computers and your server. forcing extra zones is going to cause more lag and more toons to crash. i did make a suggestion in ooc of maybe making the code to see if you have an active guild instance avail and if so zone you into that instead of pub then if need be you can leave the instance and goto pub. this would elminate a good portion of zone especially if players start making guild instances of nexus. (less nexus zone crashes) i know you want nexus to be central hub but when a 18+ man group wipes out and zones into the nexus all at once it tends to crash the zone =( this i  also so with making you zone into pub between instances (these are just my opinions).

suggestion
Make one of the armor clickies gate instead of nexus gate and players can pretty much pick their own zones to be "their zone" this way when people are trying ot make trades in nexus it wont crash in the middle of it =)
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »

I'm sure many quit at this point.

If they quit that quick, those people, if they made it to higher level tiers, would quit at the grind involved with them, specifically t5.

And? So, what? There have been people playing for months or even years in t5 from what i've read. My point is that people should know the bare essentials of the server sooner rather than later, so they can decide whether they want to box etc. Citing the website is okay,  but I doubt many people, if any, will check it before they reach 70.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:46:04 pm by arya1 » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:19 pm »

The same scenario is played over and over. A person somehow levels to 70 or 52, and asks for help to get to 70 or get 1.5 / 2.0 etc.  People DO help them, because they know there's no way they can do it themselves solo. Once they do get that, the person is in limbo because they cannot progress nor can they really help their other chars to get their 1.5 / 2.0 (again depends what class they picked) because it isn't such a big boost that they can solo it themselves now. I'm sure many quit at this point.

If you're main concern is to let ppl know early on then fine, but from what you wrote, it sounds like a complaint on the progression system. Maybe I'm reading it wrong...

You could always add a book upon creation in that characters inventory that says READ ME. Then the book will explain this is a boxing server.

Keeze
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 05:15:36 pm »

yeah you're reading it wrong. I'm just suggesting that new players know the basics so they don't have to feel the need to rely on other people so much.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 08:28:16 pm »

No offense, but if you're able to set up the EQEMU client and modify the shit you need to just to play on an emulator, odds are pretty good you can figure out how to use google to research the server you're going to play on.  I understand the suggestion, but the whole point of playing online games is to occupy your time immersing yourself in a game environment...if you can't be bothered to figure out what you're getting into on your own then maybe you need to rethink how you should be spending your leisure time.
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 09:56:39 pm »

except you don't need mq2 or eqbcs to box technically nor do you need to have UF client.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:59:10 pm by arya1 » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:31 pm »

except you don't need mq2 or eqbcs to box technically nor do you need to have UF client.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here since I never said you needed any of that shit to box, I simply said if you can manage to get eqemu working it's quite likely you can figure out what each server is about by doing some simple research.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 10:46:38 pm »

If its really too hard to get past the noob stages without asking for help or figuring it out on your own, honestly, go play wow
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 10:55:06 pm »

Why even comment if it doesn't affect you in any way?

I have helped at least 20 new players since I've started about 2 months ago, so maybe I have a little more experience in helping other people. The whole point of it is to make new players more self sufficient so that they don't have to ask the same questions or find themselves in the same situation.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:02:23 pm by arya1 » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:32 pm »

I'd think the big yellow text every time you log on giving the URL to the website hosting the forums is enough, but maybe that's just me.  And as far as Why comment?  Because every single one of us was new to the server at some point or another and personally I didn't feel handicapped because information that is easily attainable wasn't implicitly beat into me with in game messages other than the aforementioned link to the forums that answer almost any question a player could possibly ask from a newbie through a T7 player.  Congrats to you on the 20 people you've helped, but don't kid yourself into thinking that the rest of us here haven't and still don't go out of our way to help people who are new.  I don't care if Hunter wants to require people to sign off on some document stating that you have read into the server background and are willing to waive any future gripes or whatever it is you think needs to be addressed, but my opinion, in case I was unclear, is that it's up to the person who decides to play on his server to be responsible enough to utilize the resources already provided to figure out if this is where they want to play or not.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 01:24:48 am »

I personally think in the MOTD or somewhere for newbies it would be nice if you put that this is a boxing server

Wasn't originally designed to be a boxing server. Was hoping people would help each other out and play together. Just too many people being anti social I guess.

If just 1 person is having trouble progressing on their own, then tough luck.

If 2 or more people are having trouble progressing, they try teaming up.

Even made certain custom zones to encourage teamwork, and yet people still want to be anti social.

Whatever, if you want to box, and use MQ2 to help you do it, then fine. Just no cheating or botting.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 07:07:12 am »

I think it's more being self-sufficient then anti-social.

If you can play, you want to just be able to play, log in your army and go.

Also 95% of the server is quite helpful.  Throughout the first 5 tiers I have received help at all stages.

Case in point last night, I was down to my last 2 T5 bosses, after 2 instance clears of the triggers, I ooc'd if anyone was bored with a FWP and would repop my instance for me for one more attempt before bed.

Dreamia came over, repopped it and luckily enough got both to spawn and helped me get them down.

I think the community is outstanding on the server when it comes to that, but the armies represent more of an ability to be self sufficient and control your play time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)