Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:13:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: NPC Spells Fixed  (Read 20229 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:05 am »

You can drop the fairness thing right now. They will have to back track and get resists to even continue what they are doing now

Um, who cares about getting the resists. You still have to survive the AE and heal  it, as well as trying to maintain aggro from rollover.

Actually, if you have enough resist, you won't have to heal up the spell damage.

So you can focus on resist and/or hp with healing. Both is better Smiley

you mean if everyone has 4k resists you dont have to heal?

Not from spell damage. Just main tank would need to be healed from the bosses melee damage.

So you see, either resist and/or healing, take your pick.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 11:19:23 am »

I really think the availability of resist stones at lower levels is ridiculously hard to obtain with the current setup. Any chance you could revamp the way you make stones to be in line with the LP leaf's ? 

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 11:21:56 am »

You can avoid agro rollover issues a couple of different ways, one is to kill fast enough to not hit it, another is minimize the agro generated by your warrior to not hit it as fast, another would be using a second tank who stays 2nd on agro list so when it does rollover, someone squishy doesn't splat or hell you can even let your monk fire off their NS without fd'ing to shed agro (and yes, as much as people bitch about monk agro, cycling fd does work) and use /stonestance or /earthwalk...whichever is the better one I don't recall.  Of course you could even farm the ninjastrike click to combat agro rollover, it isn't like it's unavoidable by any means and I just pointed out various ways to mitigate it off the top of my head.

As far as who cares about getting the resists, you should care about getting them since they can avoid the damage when high enough.  And stop already with the OMG IT'S NOT FAIR shit.  As stated before, this was a known issue and yes...it broke around the last source update so anyone who got to T8 after the source update wouldn't have known anyhow.  Those people would have had to trudge through T7 with the appropriate resists on their toons anyhow and would have been fine regardless.
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 11:22:08 am »

in t9 what resists do you need
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 11:28:41 am »

Currently, not many mobs in T9 cast spells. Most of the trash is insects, animals, etc. Some of the humanoid shamans might cast some poisons on you.

I might add some more spell to T9, haven't decided yet.

When I create Tier 10, that'll probably have lots of npc spells with even higher -resist checks than T9 had. So if anyone took advantage of T8 ToV with broken resist, they won't make it far in T9/T10 unless they have a LOT of HP or go back and find various ways to increase resist above at least 4k.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 11:34:21 am »

they won't make it far in T9/T10 unless they have a LOT of HP or go back and find various ways to increase resist above at least 4k.

On every toon, or just the main?

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 11:42:54 am »

i'm a nub

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:03:56 pm by arya1 » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 11:53:16 am »

Learn to read, the resist that has the 4k check is a Direct Damage spell...the 1500 resist check is AE.  Jump on the leaderboards, check who's done or is capable of doing T9 content, look at their resists and tell me how much you think this would have affected them?  And as far as having profited from not having to worry about resists...how do you plan to get to T8 without them?  People who plowed T8 already had appropriate resists because they HAD to have them in T7, unless you're someone who bought your way through then you might have a valid complaint.  Funny how you seem to ignore the fact that people who broke into T8 first had to worry about AE rampage on every mob, not to mention the AE and DD spells before source update bugged those...ae rampage was far more debilitating than trying to resist spells because it would wipe out half your group when it'd fire.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 11:54:57 am »

In the beginning the resists were working as intended, no?

I got most of the gear from in there, while getting hit by the 1 mil dd + AoE - so at one point it must have been working.

Then came the invul bp - and everything was easy peasy.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 11:55:36 am »

I spent over 2 hours on floor 5 trying to get resists up. It took me that long to build ONE 45 resist stone (9) and I had in the bank a rank 4 and two 5's. I think the amount of time spent on getting resist stones built up is ridiculous.

Keeze
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 12:03:16 pm »

Oh ok I take that back. I stand corrected. I misread.

Hunter didn't help by agreeing that  everyone needs  4k, lol.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:23:04 pm by arya1 » Logged
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »

I spent over 2 hours on floor 5 trying to get resists up. It took me that long to build ONE 45 resist stone (9) and I had in the bank a rank 4 and two 5's. I think the amount of time spent on getting resist stones built up is ridiculous.

The best way is to triple aug them with 5s or 6s, depending how high you want to go. Getting to rank 10/11 seems a waste of time imo. of course you might have to now for your maintank anyway
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 12:10:59 pm »

Leaderboards showing top 10 resist players have 3800-4800 resist already.

Those are likely all main tanks.

When T9 was originally created, the resist checks was working properly AND players were AoE Rampaged by bosses.

Then I did a source code update ... and resist were broken. I'm not sure if it was the updated source code that also made Warrior's Way Warriors invincible vs certain mobs, or the fact that I lowered the mobs levels from like 85-90 down to 1 level above players (Yellow Con) which Hate originally made 400% cause of the level differences.

So it went from difficulty as intended, to invincible Warriors and npc spells all resist. Now we're back to original difficulty intended.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 12:13:08 pm »

The best way is to triple aug them with 5s or 6s, depending how high you want to go. Getting to rank 10/11 seems a waste of time imo. of course you might have to now for your maintank anyway

See, now we're thinking about our options.

Yes getting strait up to rank 10 resist stone is not so smart. It would be better to have multiple 5's and 6's inserted into several armors for faster +resist gain.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 12:17:39 pm »

And if you implement those recipes we talked about, might be less whining  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats