Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 01:29:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapons Discussion  (Read 53438 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2013, 02:24:25 pm »

I don't feel the spell effects are the game changing ability, but a 3/4 nerf on them alone would be terrible.

It would put the Ultimate 4 aug at 25k, the new nerds VI's are 22.5k

I think the 1 mil+ hp stat is game changing an impossible to balance around.

Make it have stats of an on tier epic maybe x2 and the old spell effects and people may be happy, or make the aug double stats of epic you put it in and have the old spell effects.

And honestly Hunter, I think no one is doing the earring because after all that time and effort you might have a change of heart and god mode earring is no more, and no one wants to get screwed.
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2013, 02:29:00 pm »

i vote for it i love the idea. sounds like a good compromise
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2013, 02:30:51 pm »

If it's going to happen, i'd like to know so i don't spend more time on this game
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2013, 02:32:49 pm »

If it's going to happen, i'd like to know so i don't spend more time on this game
+about 20 other people
red2

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2013, 02:33:29 pm »

Ok i don't get it. i just don't. why all this hate on the UW? It has been in-game now for what, about a year. Why dangle something so go, that it is worth stopping everything else you are doing to go get, only now that "more people than you wanted to have it" have it? if it gets nerfed by 3/4 do i get 3/4 of this last year's woth of play time back? do i get all the RL time i spent here farming for it what i could have spent doing other things back? how about all the crazy fluctuations in essence prices do to it, do all the many lower tier players get their pp back? i remember discussion when it first came out. zones would not be based off of it. if you have it it would simple make it easier to break in, bonus for you. t7 should be based on a 6man fresh out of t6. sure would be had but should be doable. same for t8, less than 3 groups, fully t7 gear, over some # of resists should be able to do it. that would put the main tank in range of 1 million hp, 7.0's and possibly a whip. Go try t8 with 1m hp and see how much fun it is as it is right now. there has been discussion about what to do about nerfing UW for months now. and the one likely to get jumped on is make it practically useless? how many people will permanently leave over this? if i had know this might happen 2 weeks ago i would not have sent in that $350, specially to do things to work on upgrading my UW. so now in a very real sense i will be out some cash and have nothing to show for it. sounds liek a scam to me.
Eruditeone

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2013, 02:45:09 pm »

so, my UW6 is, instead of being Ultimate, will now be changed to an augment and make my 7.0 'above average'? Wow, that seems like a great investment for all the cash, and time I put into it, along with 600 ess's...

Do a half stat UW aug, and give full strength AoE back if you feel you HAVE to make a change to an item that has been in game for a year now.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2013, 02:49:16 pm »

What about the people who donated to the server and now find it a farce because of the UW? UW have trivialized the entire game. I can do more with my warrior than I can with 3 groups of toons without the UW and my warrior only has UW8. If the change is made, people will complain, they will come here on the forums and shit up the walls. But the overall health of the server will improve over time. Sure some adjustments will have to be made to the content and that will take time. But these are changes that are good for the longevity of the server.

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2013, 02:49:53 pm »

From what I read from Hunter's post.  He was simply asking an idea.  If you don't like (and I'll admit im not a fan of that method) the idea, how about we give him other ones?
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »

What about the people who donated to the server and now find it a farce because of the UW? UW have trivialized the entire game. I can do more with my warrior than I can with 3 groups of toons without the UW and my warrior only has UW8. If the change is made, people will complain, they will come here on the forums and shit up the walls. But the overall health of the server will improve over time. Sure some adjustments will have to be made to the content and that will take time. But these are changes that are good for the longevity of the server.

When is the last time you played ? There was a big glitch with the war BP that has been fixed that allowed that.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2013, 02:55:03 pm »

Wasnt a glitch was just working as unintended.  Was way too powerful of a worn effect.. made you have about 85~to90ish riposte chance AKA.. GOD mode.

arya1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »

Most people did not donate for it, but did donate for reward items that helped them to get it (FWP etc). Most people spent a LOT of time getting essences, the plat, the tofs essence.. They did it precisely because they wanted to get UW, not for any other reason. To trivialize it is tantamount to  trivialize people's time and effort, which depending on how they got it could be months of work (and sometimes money).

The fact that so many people have UW is not because it was easy, but is a testament that there are many people on this server that are hardcore.

Has anyone completed t8 without an UW? Can that even be done?

The only thing that made me spend all that time and effort in getting it was because the UW was ultimate, not because I didn't have better things to do. Hell, I would have preferred not having to do it if i didn't have to to progress. If i had known it was all for absolutely naught I wouldn't have even started on here.

Also I totally disagree this would be beneficial for the population. No one in their right mind is going to do anything that takes considerable effort knowing that in a drop of a hat, it can be rendered useless.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:15:33 pm by arya1 » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2013, 03:19:28 pm »

I think at this point you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Keeze
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2013, 03:23:54 pm »

The only thing that made me spend all that time and effort in getting it was because the UW was ultimate, not because I didn't have better things to do. Hell, I would have preferred not having to do it if i didn't have to to progress. If i had known it was all for absolutely naught I wouldn't have even started on here.

Also I totally disagree this would be beneficial for the population. No one in the right mind is going to do anything that takes considerable effort knowing that in a drop of a hat, it can be rendered useless.

I agree that the UW should not be necessary for progression.  I do not believe T8 and especially t9 can be completed without it.

I do feel that the nerf (and preferably the removal) of the UW would be best for server health, but for this to be possible t8/t9 would need to be seriously hit with the nerf bat as well.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 03:25:38 pm »

Also I totally disagree this would be beneficial for the population. No one in their right mind is going to do anything that takes considerable effort knowing that in a drop of a hat, it can be rendered useless.

And this is why recently I decided to work on UW. I figured the time past the changes that were going to be made to UW would happen within the first few months. I know how things work here and something like this was bound for heavy nerfs since the start. Mind you, it took a lot longer than I thought and I was actually going to finally put fourth the work to build one up now to see at that drop of the hat moment it's going into the works of nerfing the UW down. Understandable, might I add. The item is what one would desire, the power to hold the strength of a few groups in the hand of one character, your main - Warrior.

But instead of always maliciously attacking a new idea or concept to the UW , how about input ideas, changes, things that might not be as bad. Mind you, as it stands , 1/4 of what it is would be a gnarly drop and wouldn't at all (at least imo for the work required) be desirable at all unless you had free time.

So here is what I propose, HALF the stats, into an aug, OR the choice to keep it a weapon and add strike augs (make each way different and desirable and appeal to different taste) weapon could be for dps purposes with 1/3 the health, and the aug could be 1/3 the damage. Just ideas to throw around, I'd hate to see it become undesirable because I was really intrigued and interested to finally get a bite at the UW and get a taste of what others got from getting it.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 03:27:34 pm »

As I said earlier, I really thought the Nerf UW train had left the station a few months ago when it was made much more difficult to obtain, but here we are again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)