Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 06:58:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: UW  (Read 15070 times)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 08:13:50 pm »

going from 1m hp to 8m hp in 4 ranks is what needs to be changed, id say leave the rest of the weapon as is, especially after the removal of the clicky.

just my 2 cents..... and in today's economy, probably worth half that Tongue

I would tend to agree with this.

take the hps way down and then level out the content so that a person with UW will have an edge in the content, however not make it cake. while the person without UW can still do current content but at a little of a disadvantage from having a UW(s)

then make new content according to that rule.

it adds a good value to those who took the time and effort to do the quest, ie content is easier, but at the same time does not completely say "you must have this" for everyone else. in the long run I think most serious players are going to opt for having the UW as opposed to not having.

its kind of like SoA, do you absolutely need it to do progression content? no, but does it make it a heck of a lot easier? yes

ring, need, no, easier with, yes
mana neck....same
augs....same

all of these items we are reassured are "optional" items, yet everyone has them?Huh how is the UW different? its an optional item, so 99% of us opt to have it, why? cause it makes content easier! and it makes farming funny! 100 mobs on the wall, 100 mobs on the wall, pull my UW out and slash it around 0 mobs on the wall!

9 million hp toons? not needed, however when youre getting smacked for 1 million a hit, yeah 9mil doesn't seem that far off.

solution? 6 million hp toon with mobs that hit for 600k, hps being taken from the UW

then cap the quest off or cap the stats to +xyz per rank, like +400k per rank, etc

basically bring the UW down a notch to reasonable stats and bring the content down to where that reason is, then step it so that the UW user only has a little bit of an advantage (because they did the optional quest) so that the player without can still do the content

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 08:54:31 pm »

Just stop making upgrades for it in new tiers...uw x is it.  No more worries.  Future content can have other cool grinds / quests to work on
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 01:15:44 am »

going from 1m hp to 8m hp in 4 ranks is what needs to be changed, id say leave the rest of the weapon as is, especially after the removal of the clicky.

+2000, since clicks removed, the damage should definitely stay, the hp should definitely change. Stop it where it is at X, and make any further progressions for it via content augs that make it OP in it's own sense without allowing ridiculous amounts of hp.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2014, 05:55:38 am »

well, XI is where it is now Smiley

id say stop it there and adjust the hps, leave the damage and make the rest of the quest aug upgrades

I concur sir!

+2000, since clicks removed, the damage should definitely stay, the hp should definitely change. Stop it where it is at X, and make any further progressions for it via content augs that make it OP in it's own sense without allowing ridiculous amounts of hp.

Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 06:47:21 am »

Balance the wep, yes.  Remove it.. no.  I'll give you my perspective as a fairly new player to the server.  I started not too long ago... was still leveling up during the last Halloween event, missed out on the goodies Tongue  

I am into T6 now, and shoring up my charms, SoA, etc.  I was able to farm enough ess for up to UW4  (other than Qvic, which i skipped during dbl because i wanted to get those damned dminors done lol)  by the end of dbl loot.    I'm excited to start progressing that wep Smiley  

So who cares?  WTF is my point?

My point is that Epics are not epic... they are easy to obtain and part of regular progression.  Some people, I'd say most people, that stick around on this server... are slaves to the grind.  Put out a carrot... we go after it.  That's why we play.  I can't speak to the "OPness" of the wep, haven't held one in my digital hands, but I'm looking forward to owning one as I see it as more of the true "Epic" of EZ server.  
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 07:48:28 am »

Just stop making upgrades for it in new tiers...uw x is it.  No more worries.  Future content can have other cool grinds / quests to work on

Best Idea i've read so far.

Keeze
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246