Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:29:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need a hand with MQ2 bug.  (Read 6419 times)
Darinow

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2014, 10:43:01 am »

Alright...so I used to play here all the time and never have run in to this problem before.  Same machine,OS..etc.  Only difference now is Im using UF instead of SoD..and yes..before anyone asks, I do have the underfoot classic MQ2 version.

This doesn't necessarily seem to be a pc performance issue..because it happens whether i have 1 box or 5 loaded..and this seems to be the only real issue im running in to.

When i /stick my boxes on to my primary...and start to head out, even the slightest change in direction..or sometimes even just running straight will cause them to start strafing around wildly running in to crap, and the only way to fix it..so far..is to either try to move my main box directly in front of them to get them to stop moving..which is hard if they all scatter in different directions, or to bring each box individually to the fg and wait for them to correct themselves.  (As soon as i bring a spaz box to the fg...they stop going crazy,turn and run to my main as intended).

I've tried messing with /stick...just toying with different distance and everything seems to be turning out the same way.

If anyone has had this issue or has an idea of how i might go about fixing it...any input would be welcome and appreciated : )
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:53 am »

Disable MQ2FPS, stop running WinEQ (if using), and change your Underfoot processor settings.

One ONE Underfoot client, go to your Options, Display, Advanced. When window has focus, set to unlimited FPS. When window is in the background, set to Minimum CPU (Min. CPU). Close client with "/camp desktop" and then re-open them all normally.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:30:04 am »

Well,that seems to have solved the problem, thanks Hate.  Now I just gotta get used to playing without wineq lol. >.<
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »

Well,that seems to have solved the problem, thanks Hate.  Now I just gotta get used to playing without wineq lol. >.<

I still use WinEQ with MQ2, you just need to add WinEQ=on to your MQ2MoveUtils.ini file.
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 11:38:33 pm »

What Hateborne said should work.

If you want to use MQ2FPS and WinEQ2, which I feel have a lot benefits, you can still do that too.

Simply use the MQ2MoveUtils I have provided. In 9 times out of 10 this will fix the problem.

For MQ2FPS use the following settings
/bcaa //maxfps fg 30
/bcaa //maxfps bg 15
/bcaa //maxfps render bg 200

Make sure EQPlayNice is TURNED OFF for WinEQ2.

For in game settings:
Set maximum FPS to 30
Set maximum BG FPS to the lowest setting, Min CPU

The problem most people are seeing lately is due to a MQ2MoveUtils and WinEQ2 key conflict. The version of MQ2MoveUtils I provide doesn't use those key clicks and offers advanced performance in underwater situations, something you want for EZ. If you have problems send me a tell and we can get it figured out. Long live WinEQ2 and MQ2FPS!

Blarr!
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 05:33:32 am »

Blur-
Can you just cut / paste the dll and ini into the MQ2 folder or do you have to recompile MQ2 ?

Keeze
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 08:53:39 am »

For most builds of MQ2 out there, including from mqemulator.net as well I believe, you should be able to just drop the DLL in. If you have clients logged in just /plugin mq2moveutils unload on toons first, copy over the file, and reload it with /plugin mq2moveutils

Of course you should keep a backup of your old moveutils as well, just in case. I should have noted in the original post this version is for Underfoot as well.

Blarr!
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:04:17 pm »

jo, u can trust him ;p

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members