Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 06:14:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Considering returning to EZ for good - have a few questions  (Read 17606 times)
Odiji

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 08:45:41 pm »

Kruc's outline for a starter group is spot on....but I'd consider a second group VERY soon after you start working your first group up. Eventually you'll want 12, unless Hate figures out a viable way to scale the game so that anything over 6 isnt necessary. But until he does.....12 is a winner. And TRUST me.....you will wanna get your second team in asap. Some of this content you just DO NOT wanna do twice (T5 for example).

I'll definitely keep this in mind. While I have little to no doubt that my PC can run 12 boxes simultaneously, I was hoping to keep it at 6 max, since my coordination isn't exactly the best. Then again, I guess that's where MQ2 comes in for the rescue. I remember it feeling like pulling teeth trying to gear up new characters in LDoNs and Qvic before group/guild instances were a thing (all the waiting in line... and waiting... and waiting), so I'll do my best to get all necessary characters running and up-to-date on their tier equipment and to keep backtracking to a minimum if possible.

And regarding your enchanter vs bard comments (I recall seeing the conversation in OOC last night), I never would have thought an enchanter could be that viable for DPS on this server. I guess part of that stems from my enchanter concepts after playing one on live and being used to sitting on my rump except for buffing, crowd-control, and vainly trying to outdamage the local mage/wizard/necro/anything that isn't a cleric. But, I will certainly work on an enchanter in the near-future, if not for the DPS, then definitely for the buffs.

I'd almost suggest against running 2 zerkers in a main group starting out, trash will die fast enough, you probably will end up wanting more single target dps, can use a ranger, monk, rogue or even a beastlord (beast gets ns's and the pet dps is nice early, but you probably won't use the pet much as you progress higher).

I see your point. I was considering those particular classes (as well as a mage) for a second group if/when I got around to working one up. But just out of curiosity, do you think substituting one of the two berserkers with my SK would be viable for the time being? He is mostly T1/T2 with 3.0, and I'd hate for him to sit around collecting dust. Or would I be better off giving that spot to a more DPS-oriented class, like the ranger/monk/etc.?

And as for talk of a second group, I plan on poking around the forums to see what others have been doing, but do you guys happen to have any further class set-up recommendations?

When most of us started, there were no strike augs. We just ran around with a warrior and army if pets :|

Honestly, this kinda relates to the "out of place" feeling I've had after returning to EZ after being gone for a few years. Back then, there were no icestrike or ninjastrike or whatever augs... no epic augs... no crafters guild... RoA capped at 100... no UWs... and UC was a super-rarity... So much has changed and I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. But I'm starting to get a grasp of things after playing for a few days.

Anyways, you guys have been a great help and very informative. I really appreciate it. I wish there was something I could do in return.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 01:15:43 am »

if you have a warrior,sk is worthless
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 01:16:53 am »

and 2 zerkers w/ 2 groups isn't bad, but i'd not want them both if you are doing a single group
Odiji

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 04:59:20 am »

if you have a warrior,sk is worthless
and 2 zerkers w/ 2 groups isn't bad, but i'd not want them both if you are doing a single group

Alright, I'll be putting the SK on the sidelines then. And I see what you're saying regarding the berserkers - I can have one in the main group lineup, and keep the other one for use in the second group (if, or technically when, I need to use a second group).

Thank you for the clarification.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 08:38:58 am »

Enchanter gets spells that boost regular haste, and (more importantly) boost spell proc dmg...

For example.. A monk with a NinjaStrike 7 crits at 480k dmg (yay!).... with GoA that crit is over a million.. Only lasts about 18 seconds, but most single target mobs won't last much longer than 18 seconds with that enchanter buffing. They also get useful spells for masking dps toons, reducing the aggro those toons draw from their high dps and keeps the baddies beating on the warrior instead.

I second Kruciel on the druid. Much like the enchanter, its slow going early but by the time you hit t4-t5ish those classes really start to shine and make you do things that make EQ feel like god-mode.

The downside, of course, is getting them that far when they add little until then. gl! holler if you see me online, i'm always more than willing to put off t5/tofs4 to donk around in qvic/ct/pod/hoh/airplane/etc... Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 09:42:11 am »

Make no mistake.....the heavier ST dps is a must here. But you wont see that til a bit later, after you spend some cash. Til about T5 a zerk will out dps a monk or ranger all day long, even on single targets. But be prepared to change things up, because after T5 that changes a lot, as strike augs begin to pull away from zerk epic proc and click. But....til that time, if you dont mind swapping out classes later, you just flat out cannot beat a zerker for a starting group.....or two. Example: run a Kronos fight with a couple monks with NS3 or 4's.....then run it with 2 3.0 zerkers. You'll see a massive difference. After HoH it slowly starts to tilt in favor of the DW melee with 2 NS augs....but not by a large margin, and the cost difference is immense, even at lower tiers on the NS.

Here's some numbers for ya: 2 NS 3 are 15K damage on each, 2 procs per round. 30K. Cost each is 262K (roughly) in ores from the merch, 4 SLS (lets be cheap and call that 800K if bought) and 2 CT essences, 2 dragons minor (lets be cheap and call that 1.8 mil). So....if you assign monetary values to the farmables, thats just under 2.9 mil X2 per monk. If you have 2 monks thats 11.6+ mil. If you go to NS4 thats 22,500 proc per augs, but at a monetized value of 4.7 mil per aug, or just shy of 19 mil for 4 NS4.

Or....proc and click on zerk epic, which is 2 times 20K per round.....for the time needed to get a 3.0 epic on the zerk. And, that 20K x 2 per round on each zerk is AE damage....which is HUGE help especially in T2 and T3/4.

But....again, you are gonna have to aug up NS melee eventually. Even with some <ahem> unforeseen alternatives recently that do at least as good DPS as NS melee I'd say keep melee NS classes up, as some of these alternatives may soon vanish....and while zerks rock hard (especially with a chanter along to GoA) for a while, after T6 they begin to lose some luster.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 10:19:08 am »

My zerks still out damage my ns 10 classes. It just depends on how much you can pull. Of course the monks and rogues win on the boss fights.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 11:32:49 am »

Rogue vs ranger DPS?

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 01:43:53 pm »

For me ranger by roughly 15%.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 01:55:45 pm »

I am only at a Humble t7 level now but... I started with SK's and at one time ran 6 zerks in my group of 12...

Now I run war/bard/chanter/druid/pally/cleric  and zerk/cleric/monk/ranger/wizzy/rogue all full T6 geared (war has only UC2 but zerk is 2 clears away) my pally/monk/rogue/zerk/ranger/bard are all max VIII auged out and my chanter has Mana Neck VIII...

Here is what I know;

1. Warrior for main tank (no Question)
2. Druid for main heals (no Question)
3. Pally for spot heal (no Question)
4. Bard/Chanter (no Question)

The rest of the group? I really don't think it matters..

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »

bard + enchanter, not either or (for clarification). and if you are running multiple groups, 2 bards i'd highly recommend
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 76