Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:48:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Bot Farmer Accounts Suspended  (Read 29280 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 05:53:48 pm »

Are they bot farming anywhere except for sls? So we can be on the look out for sales of those type of items and also so I can look into getting a bot for that zone myself

When you have just under 700 SLS...I would bet my car that you didn't legitimately farm them in less than 2 weeks. Logistically, I don't think that would even be possible WITHOUT running numerous bots.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 06:02:22 pm »

Yeah I get that, what I was asking are there any other zones that you caught people boting in? for any other items besides sls.

Krinkle Sprinkle
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 06:05:17 pm »

Yeah I get that, what I was asking are there any other zones that you caught people boting in? for any other items besides sls.

2 players were in jaggedpine AND northkarana (one had 3 characters all in separate instances of jaggedpine, other had 1 in jaggedpine and 1 in northkarana).

Other had farmed ~500 SLS in a logistically impossible time frame for one player....barring player being Doc Ock or a Squidbilly.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »

so....what yer say'n is it coud'hve been eder Early or Rusty Cuyler

but we just don't know!

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 01:17:00 am »

2 players were in jaggedpine AND northkarana (one had 3 characters all in separate instances of jaggedpine, other had 1 in jaggedpine and 1 in northkarana).

Other had farmed ~500 SLS in a logistically impossible time frame for one player....barring player being Doc Ock or a Squidbilly.

-Hate

I can do 6 characters at once easily!  1 hotkey + EQBC + spread out my screens so i can see what they are targeting :p

If I had another screen could probably add 6 more! Hunter didn't like that method though since you arent attentively running to the mobs 

Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 03:01:46 am »

By the way, do you delete the SLS in their bank/inventory?

--
Rotic
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 08:08:06 am »

By the way, do you delete the SLS in their bank/inventory?
Yup, he did

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 09:36:44 am »

darn price of SLS just went up again Sad

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 05:04:23 pm »

Vendor needs to sell these !!!!!

Keeze
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 05:38:54 am »

I agree!  Have SLS for sale at the vendor for 300k (or 500k or whatever) and that will mean it won't be worth it to be tempted to bot farm.  N00bs could still farm and sell for 200k so it wouldn't destroy the source of income for them.

I am remembering back to a day before Strike VI augs existed.  Gods Major dropped, but they had no use at all, and SLS were 50k.  One day later Gods Major were the hottest commodity, and SLS were 250k over night.  If a vendor sells them (for whatever price) it will set a pretty much permanent price for the SLS from players too.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 07:45:57 am »

yeah SLS buyable in Crafters guild for like 300-500k sounds really fair and on this way alot of SLS bot farmers gameover ;p

Kielohawk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 08:04:03 am »

Vendor sold SLS's would be awesome. I would buy.  I never look forward to farming SLSs when it is time to upgrade augs.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 08:51:01 am »

Put SLS's on the vender in the crafter's guild and end all the madness

argument:

1. it would end botting, there would just be no more need or desire for people to bot toons because there would be no open market for them

2. you need plat to buy, you have to farm for plat (ie T6) so you would still have to farm for the items you want.

3. it would really only hinder the new player, but they would still be able to sell essences on the open market for plat to buy their crafter items for augs

4. jaggedpine is a train wreck of a zone, rocks, trees, etc make pathing a nightmare.

5. it would remove plat from the server, thus driving down the price of other items, thus making essences reasonable for new players as well. as well as other items.

6. you could also make them no drop by adding a code for the amount to the UW guy so he gives u a coin for the purchase price, hand that in and get your no drop sls to prevent dupe/abuse

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 09:31:46 am »

1. it would end botting, there would just be no more need or desire for people to bot toons because there would be no open market for them

I think SLS should still be able to be farmed in jaggedpine....for newbies (or cheapskates like me who don't wanna pay 300k a piece)....but for a newjack to sell an SLS it would have to be less than the vendor would sell them.  That alone should keep people from botting.  I also think if someone is botting SLS they should be banned not just suspended for a week.  Ban the last 28 (doesn't matter if they donated heavily or not) and send a message to any other worthless low-lives that it will not be tolerated!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 12:10:09 pm »

SLS are way too popular and because people are paying these ridiculous prices people are botting them. Sorry but if you were to bot, would you bot and risk being banned/suspended for 90k per sls, or 300k+ per SLS when it's so easy to bot them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)