Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 06:00:19 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Coming back from a hiatus  (Read 6402 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2014, 07:20:34 am »

I was working on UC2's and breaking into t7

I have not been on since the epic aug change.

My best bet farming t7 for skins, or do you have to do them in a certain order?

My crew still has all their 6.0's I believe you have to trade them in, so my plan was to working on t7 skins.

Dinadas
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:04:11 am »

well you have to

Kill (1st I guess have to get one to spawn to kill it)

-Vampric bat (Armor Pattern)

-Maybe you get Envy (Accessories) to spawn

-Maybe you get  Gluttony (LP Augments for Armor and Accessories) to spawn after you killed Envy

-Maybe you get Lust (T7 Spells) to spawn after you killed Gluttony

-Then maybe you get Pride (Alternate Epic Weapon Skins) to spawn after you killed Lust

That is your order

I would make sure your DPS is up to par, ie finish your UCV2s and also collect HR AUGS from T6/ToFS. Also, make sure all your Strike augments are max cause once you go to the skins the 8s and below don't fit.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:28:06 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:13:15 am »

Thanks Fugi I have done t7 a bit, was more worried about the new epic system.

All my ST dps has maxed ninjas for 6.0's my others are a mixed bag.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 08:26:21 am »

Epic system really didn't effect t7 other then can't get a hard 7.0 wep anymore from book only augment now so skins are a must. There are unique super special skins on each tier that drop too. I wouldn't say hold your breath for one, but they are nice.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:29:24 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:07:45 am »

keep in mind max augs for 7.0 require you to have 3 ninja strike augs to make 1 NS9....so if you have a monk 6.0,for example, they have a NS8/IS8/IS8...you will need to make 3 IS8's to make 1 NS8 (or is it 2 IS8's to make a NS8?) and then another NS8...the NS9's are more dps than IS9's.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 09:52:28 am »

You only need to combine your IS8's into NS8 and then level one additional set if IS8's or one NS8. NS9 takes 3 NS8's however you want to look at it.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:10:19 am »

Also keep in mind that shit you shrugged off before in terms of spells will land some if not most of the time....and that your resists will have dropped substantially with this increase in spells landing.

I lost 13% or so of my hps with the UW and other item nerfs, and lost 20%+ of my resists at the same time....AND had more spells than ever land on me. The idea that this would somehow make resists make more sense.....well, lets just say shit happens. It definitely resembles live a lot more. Stacking more HR augs helped me considerably in dealing with some zones that were pretty trivial before.

You may end up needing to shed some hp augs for HR. The good news is HR augs are easier than ever to get. The bad news is they dont help as much as they used to....and they are still more needed than ever before.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:27:06 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 11:20:58 am »

Also keep in mind that shit you shrugged off before in terms of spells will land some if not most of the time....and that your resists will have dropped substantially with this increase in spells landing.

I lost 13% or so of my hps with the UW and other item nerfs, and lost 20%+ of my resists at the same time....AND had more spells than ever land on me. The idea that this would somehow make resists make more sense.....well, lets just say shit happens. It definitely resembles live a lot more. Stacking more HR augs helped me considerably in dealing with some zones that were pretty trivial before.

You may end up needing to shed some hp augs for HR. The good news is HR augs are easier than ever to get. The bad news is they dont help as much as they used to....and they are still more needed than ever before.

One thing to keep in mind is that before it was "Get X resist or die from Y million damage nukes". After your tank reached X resist, group needed Z resist to survive AoE damage. Once group reached Z resist level, both tank and group were immune to most/all spells making it effectively 100% melee npcs each pull.

The "Get X resist or die" have been removed. Most (still working on getting them all) of the loss of controls have been set to "Hit or Miss" with no chance for partial resists. The bulk of the zones will actually require a bit of thought process to down. :-)

As a result,  the amount needed to survive is significantly less than before. The difference is that the level for "comfort" (almost total resist or high enough to not care) is higher because we're all still accustomed to the old "Get X or die" model.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 12:01:01 pm »

Will have to check it out and see what is up. 

Will have to work on my augs think i only had enough to make 1 NS9 when i got too busy to play.

Do skins drop in all tiers? I could break my teeth in t6 if they do.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 12:08:41 pm »

In general, Hate, I like the changes. Its not just a slap through and ignore as long as you worked augs for a few days way back when. As you say, requires a bit more involvement. Only issues I have with it is that I think the time investment for most players in T5+ zones just skyrocketed, because mass pulls that were doable for groups progressing before just wont happen anymore. We'll adapt, but the old throttles to clear times set up by Hunter need to be retweaked.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:18 pm »

In general, Hate, I like the changes. Its not just a slap through and ignore as long as you worked augs for a few days way back when. As you say, requires a bit more involvement. Only issues I have with it is that I think the time investment for most players in T5+ zones just skyrocketed, because mass pulls that were doable for groups progressing before just wont happen anymore. We'll adapt, but the old throttles to clear times set up by Hunter need to be retweaked.

Only somewhat. For those literally in the middle of T5, they alone got hit the hardest. For those working up, it should be slightly less painful. I will look at adding more resists to some of the shields, offhands, etc from the tiers. I've just not really had time yet. Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 02:30:10 pm »

t5 is when you should be grinding UCs anyhow. I had 0 deaths from my 2 new toons doing t5 aoe pulling everything right next to them. They only had 750 resists from UC (didn't bother putting resist augs in because I don't want to bother reaugging 10 times while I PL them thru) All they had for heals was my cleric autoswinging. Think they had around 450k hp.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 200