Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:31:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TOFS FLoor 7  (Read 8097 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:46 pm »

OK.. so I got my 12th floor 7 key last night and...even though it was late.. I decided to give it a quick look...

my tank (1.2million hps 3k+ resists) was easily able to handle the handful of mobs at the entrance and I range pulled everything I could back to entrance wanting to take it slow..

I see the little trap thingy on the floor...one left one right as the hall split, and leaving my group at entrance I went past this and pulled a drake back...killing it with ease.....

SO at this point I am thinking..this is not a big deal....call my group up to me standing just past the 2 glowing trap things...and boom...9 of my toons are dead...the remaining 3 are untouched....the trap looking thing falls apart and I quickly /consent all my toons and drag them past the trap area....cool beans...boom trap goes off again ...lol...everyone is dead now save tank who is down to 200k hps or so....but...no real damage done...I am past trap a small distance and my tank clicks his AE rezz item...

the nexus is a nice place to log off I figure....

I don't want a spoiler but I thought I would share the fun so far....looking forward to round 2...Smiley

Does the boss spawn random? from bats? is this another repop until it spawns part or can I just clear and hope to get lucky?

Please no spoilers!

takes allot of work to get up here first time and I want to figure it out (the traps) but I don't want to spend 4 days clearing only to figure out it only really pops on a repop...

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:53:53 pm »

Pops from bats. Spawns in her room at the top of the spiral staircase. Usually takes a few clears to get her.

idk what you mean by no spoilers and then ask how she pops Shocked really not much to spoil after that lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:24:12 pm by Kruciel » Logged
red2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:08:00 pm »

and you want to walk toons past 1 at a time. each toon past trap gets a 1m aoe. so 2 toons, a 2m aoe, 3 toons 3m... not sure how 3/12 lived .. lucky i guess.
skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 02:33:30 pm »

One thing I've noticed with the trap is if you set it off with 1 toon and then run the next toon through it immediately you will get through before the trap has reset, that or I have weird luck.

Tserrina spawns from the death of #A Shrouded Bat, there are 3 downstairs and 3 upstairs. As Kruciel said, she spawns upstairs in the mirror room. Killing Tserrina has a chance of spawning Advisor Svartmane downstairs, didn't keep track but I'd say it was about 25 kills to get Svartmane to pop.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:36:07 pm by skinnytick » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 03:06:30 pm »

and you want to walk toons past 1 at a time. each toon past trap gets a 1m aoe. so 2 toons, a 2m aoe, 3 toons 3m... not sure how 3/12 lived .. lucky i guess.
One thing I've noticed with the trap is if you set it off with 1 toon and then run the next toon through it immediately you will get through before the trap has reset, that or I have weird luck.

Tserrina spawns from the death of #A Shrouded Bat, there are 3 downstairs and 3 upstairs. As Kruciel said, she spawns upstairs in the mirror room. Killing Tserrina has a chance of spawning Advisor Svartmane downstairs, didn't keep track but I'd say it was about 25 kills to get Svartmane to pop.

The traps have a randomized cooldown now. Even so, they may or may not go off when you charge through it initially. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 08:39:33 pm »

yea I was thinking on this today instead of working as normal and I am going to try just pulling stuff to zone in....see what happens

skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 08:54:11 pm »

Seems really silly.

I can't imagine you are going to be able to get everything cleared and then have time to pull the bats to the zone-in.

There are 3 safe spots to set up camp for the bats.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 01:19:48 pm »

yea that was not going to work... I still don't fully understand the trap... I got 4 or 5 toons past it with no problem one at a time but the next 2 died and then I just hit my /folllow button and the rest ran past it...most of them lived..It just seems random to me.

so anyway past that hurdle I cleared up the the next room and past the fake wall and cleared the bats out twice before the main mob spawned... worked my way up the stairs and cleared out all the spawns and killed her pretty easy fight took about 5 mins maybe? at about 40% she took out my main dps toons /zerk/ranger/monk/wizzy but I was able to rezz them back up and continue with little problem. So I killed her got some nice caster items and my first key/whip yea!
key on my main toon..whip on ranger...

so I get everyone rezzed and buffed and now that the bats behind me have spawned again..this room with all the mirrors seems like a good place to pull them..

clear the first room just outside mirror room...no problem...

pull the entire room outside that one at once.. 4 bats? 5 bats? no big deal..

first bat I kill spawns Tserinna right on top of me...lol..

so main tank pulls agro with no deaths...and is now tanking 4 or 5 bats and tserinna...actually not so bad...so I pick off the bats 1 at a time..hopeing that 2 tserinna's cant spawn and this all goes as planed...

at about 40% (again) I had switched to my druid to make sure that skin landed on my warrior and something happened again..she must cast some kind of mezz? or something? anyway druid cant cast..cleric and pally don't heal and down goes the tank and the rest of the party in short order...

So ends my first day of hunting in TOFS floor 7....all in all I will do things differently next time but it was fun...

If I had stayed on my tank i could have spammed my OHHSHIT button and gotten a heal maybe or clicked the AE cure item ....to prevent the ownage at 40%

was fun and I look forward to more!

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 01:34:34 pm »

Balidet

Your enthusiasm is refreshing. It's so awesome you are having a freaking blast. Keep enjoying the challenge! You'll knock her down and pop the Tower Boss before you know it!!

Thanks!! It's been a joy to read!! KEEP GOING!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 02:22:58 pm »

Keep at it Balidet.

You are experiencing aggro roll-over. I cast atonement on her with my paladin at 70% and again when it refreshes at around 30%. Make sure you spam aggro on your warrior when you cast atonement.Smiley
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

That makes sense..I figured either my tank 3k+ resists was getting mezzed and losing agro...or this is the first time I have ran into agro rollover..

I have uw4 in my main hand so no strike augs and a loping with a anger VI in my off hand....but I do click the ae agro clicky and my Scepter constantly (attached to my attack key actually) so maybe I just back off on the ae clicky(bag) it for this fight..

What spells does she cast? its hard to figure with all the fight spam but I noticed on the druid before I died that I had some frozen spell on me and I was unable to cast skin when it refreshed....I got the "you can not cast now" feedback....

It was kind of frantic when skin would not land so maybe I am wrong..

skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 04:51:45 pm »

She's a necro. I think she has 2 DoTs and maybe a DD but I have spell spam off so I'm not sure on the DD.

Once I realized I was getting aggro roll-over the fight was easy Her turning to my paladin and killing my DPS with ripostes made for a hectic fight.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 05:45:13 pm »

yes farming this at will now.... had one smartvaine kill....all is well..still a fun zone...sadly I will be done in here as soon as i get the other 6 keys I need...

wish we had more zones like this!!

I know they are tons of work....

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 11:22:43 pm »

Great read.

Just wondering if the Svart chance has changed lately.  Seems to me I used to do about 15 or so Tserrina kills to get him but spent nearly the past 3 days in there with no sign of the big boy.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 09:52:52 am »

I've gone past 50 with no Svart before, and that was after spawning him on my first Tserennia kill upon coming back from a hiatus. So I guess it was just karma  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 169