Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:37:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: On the Warpath #2  (Read 23488 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:47:47 pm »

On the Warpath #2

Ladies/Gents/Trolls,

It's time again for the next planned updates thread. This thread consists of things that are on the horizon for the server. Not all of the things on this thread will be 100% as is, and may be subject to change, but you can reliably look here for upcoming changes/additions/removals.

Very Soon:
  • Necro "Death" Line Quest Chain added DONE
  • Pet Scaling Fixed DONE
  • Rebuild Overthere to be PVE Competition REMOVED
  • Rebuild/Remove Commons PVP REMOVED
  • Earring of the Ages quest/item chain Reimplemented DONE
  • Ultimate Weapon Augs
  • T7 Efficiency Rewrite DONE
  • Buff Bot Reorganization/Condensing DONE
  • Zone Dropped Weapons: Regens/Resists/Combat-Stats DONE

On the Horizon:
  • Scaling Mini-Dungeons
  • Arena-Styled PVE Battles
  • T10

Very Soon, Detailed:
  • DONE - Necromancers should head to the Caster's Guild to check with our Roaming friend.
  • DONE - Pets should be significantly more powerful than before in most respects. Those that had Mana Necklace and nothing else should expect a fair drop in damage.
  • REMOVED - Rebuild Overthere to be PVE Competition - I really am not fond of it and still don't care for the way it functions. I would like to rebuild it as a PVE challenge that is accessible to everyone instead of MMO-dodgeball. Similar rewards, more chaotic, lots of madness, alternating events (zone wide event is randomized).
  • REMOVED - Rebuild/Remove Commons PVP - Similar to the bit above, not totally keen on it as it's basically just 1-3 people trying for the credit and SLS. Not quite what Hunter had planned.
  • DONE - The Earring of the Ages quest has been completed. Please see the Keeper of the Ages for more information.
  • Ultimate Weapon Augs - Yeah, that's right. I'm actually going to start constructing them, deciding on the effects/click/procs/etc that are worthy. It will take a bit to get them where/how I like them.
  • DONE: T7 was rewritten to be significantly faster. The traps were redesigned to be much more "trap" like and less of "Oh I walked by the cart". The chance for bosses/minibosses is the same, but the chance for trash mob ambushes has gone up significantly.
  • DONE: The Buff Bot should drop 3-4 spells, level depending. Hunter's Shield, Hunter's Breastplate, Spirit of Wolf, and (assuming 72 or below) Hunter's Arm.
  • DONE: Zone dropped weapons should now benefit from new HR additions and better stats distributions.

On the Horizon:
  • Scaling Mini-Dungeons - This is part of the newly design expedition system that Akkadius built for the EQEMU community. These will serve similar to TOFS but less grindy and more of a few hour "adventure" with a small lockout.
  • Arena-Styled PVE Battles - Think FF7's Golden Saucer Arena meets Borderlands' Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot with an EZ twist.
  • T10 - Well....it's gotta happen sometime.

With these threads, the biggest thing that is desired is feedback. If you feel we missed something or if something should be a high(er/est) priority, let us know and explain why. Simply demanding problem XYZ be solved because it annoys you isn't going to work for you.

Previous thread for reference: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4197.0

-Hate
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:40:53 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:10:54 pm »

You guys are doing such a good job updating the server. Thanks for doing what you do.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 07:27:07 pm »

Yeah if you rid ourselves of that crappy PVP commons area you could put the 1.0s back to the way they were and the crafted armor to let the newer players enjoy the trip to 70 and potimea instead of Lookin for PL all the time.

This future path of updates sound pretty neat! Can't wait to see them in action !!!

Thanks you two for the speed of this server and content!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 07:33:09 pm »

Awesome stuff! Quick question though, regarding UW clicks. Most epic augs are clicky effects, although I'm sure 99.9999% of us would gladly trade that socket away to get our UW clicky back in a heartbeat. Would the epic slot have to be removed for a clicky augment to work I'm guessing?
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 07:55:57 pm »

Make war epic slotable in type 8

Keeze
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 07:59:05 pm »

got offhand..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 08:09:27 pm »

I, and a few others, fought quite frequently in Commons, and had fun outfitting chars for it. It will be sad to see it go.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 09:46:37 pm »

On the Warpath #2
  • Earring of the Ages quest/item chain Reimplemented - I'm really not fond of dumping 2x the AAXP for RoA1000 for a 90% DI click and 2358235757934578347856782 HR. That just SCREAMS bot farm it. I'd like to HEAVILY reduce the amount required and actually build a quest chain around it involving rare spawns, rare drops, and chance.

On the Horizon:
  • Scaling Mini-Dungeons - This is part of the newly design expedition system that Akkadius built for the EQEMU community. These will serve similar to TOFS but less grindy and more of a few hour "adventure" with a small lockout.
  • Arena-Styled PVE Battles - Think FF7's Golden Saucer Arena meets Borderlands' Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot with an EZ twist.
  • T10 - Well....it's gotta happen sometime.

These.. sound.. .awesome!

One minor suggestion on a mini-dungeon motif : Make sure there's a minor one designed for players who've hit level 70 but aren't quite to the point of being able to handle Time/Ldon/Qvic/Terrorantula easily.  Maybe stuff like short duration long recast AE aggro / stonewall clickies (like Angerbomb/War 3.5+ click).... Ultra Focus of Healing Pally/cleric clicky (like 4-5x click.. like an oracle 21 or something).. pocket Gife of Annihilation....

But all having super long Lay on Hand type delays so they could only be used once a game day (or even longer).. And either only work in certain zones, or are usable only by levels 72/71 or less... Some kinks would need to be ironed out to avoid abuse...

You know, just something for actually helping kill Terrorantula that first time, Taking down your first qvic boss/time boss.. It's a thought.. it might help with our low level player retention and keep the new blood flowing freely into EZ server.

Or just a low level dungeon with some random drops like CG/FG items, stuff like the Surefall reward quest line with either items or more ways for new players  to get some cash/items..

whew.. that line of thought went on longer than i thought it would.. Keep up the good work! You do an amazing job providing us with content and tweaks! Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 02:14:15 am »

On the Warpath #2

• Rebuild Overthere to be PVE Competition - I really am not fond of it and still don't care for the way it functions. I would like to rebuild it as a PVE challenge that is accessible to everyone instead of MMO-dodgeball. Similar rewards, more chaotic, lots of madness, alternating events (zone wide event is randomized).

-Hate

Does this mean your robbing the only player who goes there and farms Gem collector of his joy and give others a chance at it? *gasp* what ever will faceshooter do now? lol
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 03:36:34 am »

got offhand..

Could always make the Warrior Class Augment 3.0 useable in the range slot, since a lot of us are offhanding it as a SoT replacement. Then we pull with our bow!  Tongue
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 05:44:59 am »

got offhand..

Could always make the Warrior Class Augment 3.0 useable in the range slot, since a lot of us are offhanding it as a SoT replacement. Then we pull with our bow!  Tongue

what for u need 2x 5.0 or higher ? i got 8.0 in mainhand and 3.0 in offhand that fine becouse didnt cant use double SW

Fonas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 07:31:16 am »

First off, i want to thank Akka, Hate and Love for their hard work keeping this server up in memory of Hunter.

Secondly, i have to admit that i have not bothered to play since UW changes. I spent too much time working on it, for it to become a dps weapon only. I understand that changes were needed  in order to add new Tiers and make it possible for non UW holders to do T8. But understanding and liking something are two diferent things.

• Ultimate Weapon Augs - Yeah, that's right. I'm actually going to start constructing them, deciding on the effects/click/procs/etc that are worthy. It will take a bit to get them where/how I like them.

Adding UW Augs, now this i dont understand. When you were planing the UW changes, you wanted to keep the UW damage at a 3x or 5x Epic damage. But other players convinced you to keep UW at least as a DPS weapon since its Tanking stats (HP) got greatly decreased.  Now you want to add even more DPS to the UW. Something you wanted to cut short when you started working on UW changes. Never posted about th UW aug before, since i always figured it was a way to shut up all the people whining about their UW clickies being gone.

UW changes are not the only reason i'm not playing anymore. At first it was UW changes, but then changes to resist and spells, kept me away. Again, i understand that either resisting or not made content quite boring. But I had enough to do already 12boxing and most of the time watching TV series or movies at the same time. All i wanted to do is pull, position the mob(s) and kill. If id wanted to be fully concentraded on the game i would be playing something else, not EQ.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 07:40:46 am »

Actually.....I rather like the way the UW is now. And as for UW augs....where did it say increased dps? Cheesy

Great roadmap Hate! Thanks for listening to our input here and in game!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 10:51:39 am »

Not concerned about increased dps lol, only asking if "clicky" aug is possible with an epic slot in the weapon already.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 11:29:31 am »

First off, i want to thank Akka, Hate and Love for their hard work keeping this server up in memory of Hunter.

Secondly, i have to admit that i have not bothered to play since UW changes. I spent too much time working on it, for it to become a dps weapon only. I understand that changes were needed  in order to add new Tiers and make it possible for non UW holders to do T8. But understanding and liking something are two diferent things.

Adding UW Augs, now this i dont understand. When you were planing the UW changes, you wanted to keep the UW damage at a 3x or 5x Epic damage. But other players convinced you to keep UW at least as a DPS weapon since its Tanking stats (HP) got greatly decreased.  Now you want to add even more DPS to the UW. Something you wanted to cut short when you started working on UW changes. Never posted about th UW aug before, since i always figured it was a way to shut up all the people whining about their UW clickies being gone.

UW changes are not the only reason i'm not playing anymore. At first it was UW changes, but then changes to resist and spells, kept me away. Again, i understand that either resisting or not made content quite boring. But I had enough to do already 12boxing and most of the time watching TV series or movies at the same time. All i wanted to do is pull, position the mob(s) and kill. If id wanted to be fully concentraded on the game i would be playing something else, not EQ.

First bit, thank you! I hope Hunter would be proud of how things are going.

Second, it's still a gigantic leap over the dropped items. It no longer gives a player pure invulnerability in any tier minus top tier or top two tiers. You worked hard for the ultimate weapon. That's what it still is, wildy powerful weapon that allows you to tear things apart. If I forced everyone to farm the UW, then your work/effort for it was not special and essentially was just part of the game.

As for the augs, I never stated that they are specifically damage augs or extra DPS. There will be some clicks that cause damage for sure, but they are the minority. The DPS was an issue initially because I didn't realize how jacked some of the mob hp/damage was. With UW changes completed, the mobs' hp and damage took HUGE hits. In a nutshell, the dps was relatively untouched but the mobs have less health now (in high ends). The UW Augs were not just a cheap attempt at soothing people butthurt about the changes. I did and do mean to put them in play. The effects right now are still "on the drawing board", but I'd like to add a variety of things to make the UWs feel unique/customizable for all the work players have put in to them.

As for the rest, if that's the way you want it, good luck in whatever other game you want to play. Sorry EZ isn't an afk for freeloot server for you anymore. Not trying to be a dick, but if this server is no longer what you want it to be, why keep up and question changes?

-Hate
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:32:02 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057