Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:07:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Eqemu wont work help???  (Read 6190 times)
Gopher123

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:35:05 am »

My eqemu wont work it says The instruction at 0x00400003 referenced memory at 0x00000000000 the memory could not be written. How can i dix this. was work fine earlier today. then all sudden this started too pop up.. 
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:26:32 am »

Possibly resolution error
run optioneditor in eq root folder, reset to lower resolution
see if it loads, then reset to your resolution ingame

if that dosnt cure, not sure, unless you play other servers and merged files

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 07:46:42 am »

Thats always a hard one to fix. Instruction cannot be read errors can be caused by bad memory, faulty CPU, bad drivers, hardware conflicts, crappy programming, and fluke luck (to name a few causes). On EZ I've actually seen it happen sporadically if there is a log in issue with the core EMU. Are you still getting this? If so, is it on every log in you have, or just one or two?

If the suggestions Aeryn made dont work I'd turn off the PC, ground out, remove your RAM, blow out the slots, and make sure the contacts are clean. Reinsert the RAM. Then I'd run a memtest first, rule out bad ram. Getting the error ONLY in EZ does not rule out bad RAM, unfortunately. After that...update your vid drivers. Refresh your audio driver. Back up your character info in your client and anything else you wanna save and reinstall if the issue persists.

Thats the easiest TS steps I can think of for this issue.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 12:23:07 pm »

THis happened to two of my chars resently....if its only one or two chars then the quickest and easiest way to check is to go delete their config file in your eq folder and their ini file sometimes there's a line in both files that gets conflicted and will cause this to happen and htis is the only way to fix it as well
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »

get a can of compressed air, don't blow on your motherboard
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 04:08:11 pm »

blow out

Pretty sure I didnt tell him to blow on his mobo.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 07:13:46 pm »

If the suggestions Aeryn made dont work I'd turn off the PC, ground out, remove your RAM, blow out the slots, and make sure the contacts are clean.

may not be what you meant, just adding clarity
Gopher123

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 11:12:04 pm »

Thanks got it too work Smiley
skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 11:50:13 am »

So what fixed it? Be nice to know for the next person.
Gopher123

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 01:55:16 am »

Sorry haven't been online for few days. i took can of air blew my memory slot.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 08:56:50 am »

Cheesy

See? Your memory slot was just lonely.

Gopher123

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »

yepp
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 07:11:11 am »

For anyone else who gets this issue:

I got this last night on my full client, on one character. After deleting my character files and rebuilding them both (Name_EZ and UI_Name_EZ) the issue was fixed.

Another thing to try if this creeps up on you.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 10:04:52 pm »

stop using /exit or any other force close of the client and you wont get that error anymore .... or do as mpano said but the problem will occur later if you keep force closing
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 142