Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 01:32:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 05-30-14  (Read 9570 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »

Updates 05-30-14

(New spell available now, sorry!)

• Grenlok (and enchanter lists) have been readjusted to add more appropriate resists on Mezz.
  • Shield of the Ages ranks for Old Commons unlocked.
  • Rogue Class augments should (finally) no longer stack with reboot.
  • Castable HP buffs (Armor of the Crab, Blessing of Ancient Oak, and Shaman Class Click) are all on 5 minute cooldown with 6.0 second base cast time. The durations have been normalized as well around the duration of Armor of the Crab.
  • Army of Light NPCs had regen halved, healing power halved, and HP/AC lowered slightly.
  • Strong Spider Silk (T9) made slightly more common with reboot.
  • Replaced Haste on Hunter's Shield (buff) with Water Breathing to fix stacking issues.

-Hate
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:40:03 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 09:19:18 pm »

As much as i'm going to miss the focus stacking on the rogue I at least don't have to farm 2 epics now
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:15:26 am »

the 5 min recast on those hp buffs means you have to wait at least 5 mins after wiping to rebuff fully, any chance  on revising that?
red2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:27:46 am »

That's what MGB is for. Have everyone huddle togther, mgb on shaman, cleric and druid and done.
if you wipe more often than MGB recast, then yes it seems would take a bit to get 2nd grp buffed.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:54:17 am »

red, after you mem the spell you can't cast it for 5 minutes. I'm well aware of what mgb is for
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 09:21:02 pm »

Has the server been rebooted since this update? because rogue class augment focus is still stacking.
And i'm going to be kicking myself if you try to fix it again and it doesn't work because I don't want to keep telling you about it when I LOVE the bs dmg lol
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 03:05:05 am »

Why have a 5min cool down on hp buffs at all? Was it being used in some way that was harmfull? If I cast crabs and forget to hit MGB now I have to wait 5 mins?

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 05:59:44 am »

Did you happen to add the backstab % to t9 Daggers?

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 06:52:15 pm »

the 5 min recast on those hp buffs means you have to wait at least 5 mins after wiping to rebuff fully, any chance  on revising that?
Why have a 5min cool down on hp buffs at all? Was it being used in some way that was harmfull? If I cast crabs and forget to hit MGB now I have to wait 5 mins?

Got tired of being attacked by players stating that Crab and Oak are near instant after mem'ing spell, but Shaman was 15 min and shorter. Kept getting "this is how it should be done" lectures on making all buffs damn near instant and nearly unlimited duration. Thought it might be appropriate that they be made even. Shaman buff lost 10min off of CD, Oak/Crab gained five minutes.

Has the server been rebooted since this update? because rogue class augment focus is still stacking.
And i'm going to be kicking myself if you try to fix it again and it doesn't work because I don't want to keep telling you about it when I LOVE the bs dmg lol

I'll test it tomorrow. If all else fails, I can simply create a lore group for the rogue class aug.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:20:59 am »

Honestly I see no issue with the 5 min CD on cleric/druid buffs, especially with the shammy reduction. Thanks Hate.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 09:46:53 am »

There is no real reason to add a consequence in the form of a cool down timer for crab, oak, and shammy buff. Cooldowns should be utilized to keep things from being overpowered eg cooldown on zerker epic keeps zerkers from constantly putting out massive ae damage, cooldown on one man band forces players to find the best 20 second window to synchronize damage abilities and prevents them from from having a consistant raid wide buff that dramatically increases damage. Oak, crab and the shammy buff are just hp buffs with a couple extra perks; there was no logical reason the shammy buff had a cooldown in the first place.

I could really care less tho whether there is a 5minute cooldown or no cooldown at all. This is such a petty matter in comparison to all the other plans you guys have in store for the server that it isnt worth throwing too big a fuss about. We all appreciate the time you guys invest in the server.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 10:22:53 am »

To second Hulks sentiments:

If people are dying so frequently the cooldown on these is an issue, it's obviously a mercy to have the lower cool down, since they obv. aren't crushing the server once blessed with the buffs in the first place (lol!).

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 11:52:11 am »

I don't think anyone is wiping and saying "man that sucks that I can't pull within 5 minutes now!" If you wipe, you just zone back in, buff what you can and go. If somehow you wipe fast enough for MGB to be down, you just buff the warrior's group when you get a chance and keep going.

I agree with Hulk in the fact that it doesn't really nerf anything or serve a purpose that I can see... But it also doesn't hinder me from getting back and going either, so who cares Tongue
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 05:49:30 pm »

I do exactly as kruciel says. I have no problems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis