Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:59:00 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pet Scaling In Progress 06-05-14  (Read 12714 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »

Pet Scaling In Progress

I've got the numbers roughly where I want them. I need a reboot to totally confirm. At this point, the damage will be goofy as the pets have been slowed down but the new values are not applied yet.

Changes:
  • Pet attack speed was HEAVILY lowered and white damage range increased by ~60% on minimum strike damage and ~135% on maximum strike damage.
  • Pets now gain 100% more spell damage and 200% more healing per UC Rank (+100/200% for UCv1, +200/400% for UCv2, etc).
  • Pets now gain 50% of the player's resist level, in addition to it's own base resist and OWS.
  • Mana Necklace proc damage will be equivalent to Icestrike on reboot.
  • Summoner's Bags this coming week (hopefully).
  • UW cloning on pets also coming this week (pending Summoner's Bag completion).

The pet's spell damage (innate proc and Mana Necklace buff) WILL scale off of the new values. The healing value may be adjusted as I don't want the necromancer pet to become invulnerable and future healing addins for pets to be tank-makers.

The Mana Necklace adjustment will hurt for pet users but if you just spamming something to trigger pet buff, you were only using half of it anyway.

The Summoner's Bag will be an unlockable quest chain that allows players to give pets ANY weapons (including UWs) so long as the player owns it. Placing the items in the Summoner's Bag will clone the weapons (ignoring augments...) on to the pet. For those worried about the HP/Resist loss of the OWS, I'll likely create a junk item with mirrored stats to autoequip if the player has completed the Summoner's Bag quest.

I understand that for most, this will mean drop in damage as a good many of you made the Mana Necklace, cheaply spammed something (usually via macro or BCC hotkey) and rode off AFK damage. If you want to continue that route, whatever. I do not care for that play style but I'm not going to block you from doing it. You will need to put in similar efforts to obtain a UC like pretty much every other character in the game to truly maximize the damage.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:45:00 am »

parsed out a little bit today, I think this will balance out pet classes nicely, nice job, thanks! (numbers are not accurate atm due to mana neck still having ns proc till reboot, or so i'm told)
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 08:11:13 am »

I'd like to apologize to the whole server for breaking down and making my first mana neck 2 nights ago.

I never meant for this to happen, and so soon.  Roll Eyes

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:51 am »

And pet level was lowered? My 7.0 mage pet went from level 82 to level 76. Chanter pet dropped from 81 to 75. Unsure whether or not that will effect resists, casts or attack on higher end mobs....just wasnt sure if this was intentional or not.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 08:19:20 am »

Ponzi, no need to be sorry. Mana neck still gives pets a NICE dps boost.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 10:00:43 am »

Have you thought about adding some kind of pbae proc for pets Hate? Either on UW or weapons?
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 12:19:10 pm »

anyone want to buy a mana neck 9 cheap?

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 03:18:04 pm »

I understand that for most, this will mean drop in damage as a good many of you made the Mana Necklace, cheaply spammed something (usually via macro or BCC hotkey) and rode off AFK damage. If you want to continue that route, whatever. I do not care for that play style but I'm not going to block you from doing it.

Can you explain another way to play a caster? they all have 1 nuke that is level effective at a time to cast and they cast it over and over to "try"and keep up with melee damage. Now we are reducing the damage output that they have even more. Yes pets spam attacks but they also die almost every fight and have to be recast/rebuffed and at some point we stop casting them because its to much a pain in the ass...

UW cloning on pets also coming this week (pending Summoner's Bag completion).

Will we be able to hand our clone UW to another players pet?
Now I need to do UW on pet classes as well?
If we can hand them to other peoples pets Wont people be able to just hand them out en-mass in nexus so we can all have UW10 weapons on our pets?

The Mana Necklace adjustment will hurt for pet users but if you just spamming something to trigger pet buff, you were only using half of it anyway.

Only using half of the mana neck? I dont understand.. Even chain nukeing with my wizzy or enchanter I never run out of mana (t7) why would I ever click the mana necklace? (I have a bard)

I wrote a bunch more but it turned into a bunch of prissy whining and I don't think that you deserve any of that so I will leave it at this and hope that in the long run the things I don't understand will make sense.... GOOD job overall so far and I am curious where this will take us.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 03:52:33 pm »

The return on mana neck was too high for what it cost to make, this actually balances it with other dps classes pretty well. not sure why you are bitching about it - the play style didn't change, you just need to uc the pet classes to get the full return on pets, which makes sense
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »

Can you explain another way to play a caster? they all have 1 nuke that is level effective at a time to cast and they cast it over and over to "try"and keep up with melee damage. Now we are reducing the damage output that they have even more. Yes pets spam attacks but they also die almost every fight and have to be recast/rebuffed and at some point we stop casting them because its to much a pain in the ass...

What I should have more clearly stated is players getting Mana Necklace, no UC, and then spamming whichever nuke would cause the pet buff (First Mate's Gift) to trigger. With the way the pets are currently composed, they should be more functionally similar to players. Slower attack speed, high proc rate barrage type of melee.

Will we be able to hand our clone UW to another players pet?
Now I need to do UW on pet classes as well?
If we can hand them to other peoples pets Wont people be able to just hand them out en-mass in nexus so we can all have UW10 weapons on our pets?

The pet owner MUST own the UW to clone. If a player wants to improve his/her class, they should expend effort to do so.

Only using half of the mana neck? I dont understand.. Even chain nukeing with my wizzy or enchanter I never run out of mana (t7) why would I ever click the mana necklace? (I have a bard)

I wrote a bunch more but it turned into a bunch of prissy whining and I don't think that you deserve any of that so I will leave it at this and hope that in the long run the things I don't understand will make sense.... GOOD job overall so far and I am curious where this will take us.

Players were just spamming spells to trigger the pet buff and ignoring the sympathetic proc (nuke) that actually TRIGGERS the pet buff. I said cheaply because they were not using high Sorcerer charms or UC ranks, but mostly Oracle or no-charm mages/necromancers smash buttons to get the pet proc. If you actually UC the pet owner and spam nukes, the DPS as a whole should be very nice.

The pets should no longer be *smack* *smack* *die*. With the MUCH slower attack speed, the chance that they will instagib themselves is VERY slim. In addition, the pets with basic heals (which will become all pets to some degree or another...just on cooldowns) will heal MUCH more as the speed of procs has gone down significantly. Pet classes now have the potential to come close to NS users when geared appropriately (matching level Mana Necklace and UC to the NS DPS in your group). In addition, the pet owners will be able to UW the pet (in addition to receiving ANOTHER sympathetic proc on cast).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 04:15:03 pm »

I'll just leave this here.

The changes sound good though  Tongue
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »

Tek er jeb!!

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 07:52:14 pm »

Pets can't equip more than 1 UW right?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 12:36:34 pm »

Tek er jeb!!

LOL, that episode was pretty much gold.

EZ Server GM
Warrioror

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 08:56:46 pm »

Can we at least get sorc charm to scale with pet damage?  I'd like my mage to be at least as useful as my other dps with lvl 50 sorc charms...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)