Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 08:45:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TofS Masters Ess  (Read 8556 times)
Rangewind

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2014, 06:11:31 pm »

So I know this is needed for UW 8 and up but not sure how hard it is to really get (not progressed far enough yet).  Hate I dont know if you already have plans to add something else in its place for UW but if you dont my thought would be to create a task or combine that will let someone trade/combine 1 TofS ess from each floor and get a Masters in return.

People that have farmed the Masters ess please provide some feedback on this.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 06:43:41 pm »

its easier to farm a master essence than to combine ranks 1-7.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 06:45:47 pm »

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 03:45:10 am »

+3

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:02:50 pm »

esse 1 and 2 are easy and drop rare but not epic rare 3-7 are a monster! Also, if my memory serves correct, the master esse can be used for any tier UW.  So key your guys up to floor 7 and hunt Svartmane...would probably be quicker going that route than farming named for essences on each floor.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:43:56 am by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:36:32 am »

Searched for info to back up my claim of using master esse on any tier UW and found a quote from Hunter.
Seems a few people farmed up a few Master Essence for purpose of selling.

These Master Essence can now be used for any rank UW, but is required for rank 8 or higher UW.

Rank 1-7 is still optional to use ranked Essence or Master Essence.

I'll make Master Essence tradeable again for 1 week so players can offload the ones the farmed up.

After that, if you want an UW ranked 8 or higher, then you'll have to travel to the 7th floor in ToFS to loot one.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 02:04:14 pm »

Would it be possible to make these droppable again?  I have a few in my bank that I wouldn't mind unloading on someone if they were =)

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 02:22:13 pm »

I would disagree with making them tradeable. I think it's one of the best parts of the quest and if they are tradeable you don't have to farm the essences which are under it as it works for all combines.

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 03:37:31 pm »

There is no reason they shouldn't be tradeable, since they are required for anything over 6th floor essence combines. Who cares if someone wants to buy them instead of floor appropriate essences for combines, they're going to have to compete with anyone wanting them for UW8+ combines. You have to spawn Tserrina to have a chance to spawn Start, so effectively you are working harder to get that essence than the ones that just spawn off of triggered bosses.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

All for making Masters essences tradeable.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 04:17:30 pm »

Nope

want it go loot it (your kill or someone's kill) it's the only cockblock item in game... just go loot it or farm it.. (and yes I got multi on Fugi too  Embarrassed but oh well)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:05:51 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 09:12:02 pm »

You can use one of those for your UW 11 !  Grin
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 09:41:40 pm »

If there was consistency in the cock block, then I could see the point in keeping Master Essences no drop.  Given that floors 1-7 drop essences are tradeable, it seems that keeping the one that's penultimate and made to be a replacement for any of those should be subject to the same ruleset.  Masters were originally tradeable and they only became no trade when they were put on the rewards vendor, not saying the reason they were put there was to generate donations but also not denying that could have been the motivation behind it.  If the point is to create an artificial cock block with the UW quest, I'd ask why all of them aren't no trade then.  That makes about as much sense as making earring gemstones no drop.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 10:07:04 pm »

Dimur has a freaking good point ... I didn't remember when they became "a RL money maker" was mia...I'm down for whatever with it

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 10:31:48 am »

If there was consistency in the cock block, then I could see the point in keeping Master Essences no drop.  Given that floors 1-7 drop essences are tradeable, it seems that keeping the one that's penultimate and made to be a replacement for any of those should be subject to the same ruleset.  Masters were originally tradeable and they only became no trade when they were put on the rewards vendor, not saying the reason they were put there was to generate donations but also not denying that could have been the motivation behind it.  If the point is to create an artificial cock block with the UW quest, I'd ask why all of them aren't no trade then.  That makes about as much sense as making earring gemstones no drop.

Im good with consistency throughout 1-7+master. either all no drop or all tradable. I think the less butt hurt option would be to just make the master tradable. the motives behind making master no drop, ehh, I wont touch that one.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)