Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:16:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SOTX  (Read 5745 times)
Peign
« on: June 29, 2014, 10:40:23 am »

Would it be possible to increase the resists on the SOTX or add aug slots?   Currently it sits at 120 resists.    Could you make it 260 resists?    Or add 3 aug slots to it?

Danke
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:51:57 am by Peign » Logged
red2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 01:47:58 pm »

it was more resists. it is one of the things that got hit with the nerf-hammer awhile back when he dropped alot of things resists. Historically, Hunter had said no to adding aug slots to this item. and considering Hate not long ago just dropped the resists on it, it is unlikely to go up. they common answer is to get a bow from t8+, and put a 3.0 in one of your weapons, which has a similar click.
Peign
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »

The T8/T9 bow are easy to get for peeps in those tiers.  Why should those ranged items have resists slots when the SOTX does not? 

Freeport Arc has a potential of 380 resists.    Takes as long to get that as it did the SOTX. 

Yes yes, the SOTX dropped from halloween.    Well, it still took significant grinding effort to get the bosses to spawn.   It was not just magically received.    Not everyone has them.   

Please consider adding aug slots (even 2 would suffice) to the SOTX.   
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:29:19 pm »

Gear gets outdated and replaced all the time, this item shouldn't be any different.  Considering you can do the SoT quest with a T4ish group, I don't see why a T8 or T9 bow shouldn't be considerably better than it.  You can cite the rediculously long time it'd take to get a decent rank of the SoT done through normal grinding but you'd also have to concede that anyone with a maxed out one only has it because of the Halloween drops.

That being said, it's still the best range option for a T9 monk and beastlord since they get totally jobbed on the lack of a range option from T8 and T9.

Peign
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »

Gear gets outdated and replaced all the time, this item shouldn't be any different.  Considering you can do the SoT quest with a T4ish group, I don't see why a T8 or T9 bow shouldn't be considerably better than it.  You can cite the rediculously long time it'd take to get a decent rank of the SoT done through normal grinding but you'd also have to concede that anyone with a maxed out one only has it because of the Halloween drops.

That being said, it's still the best range option for a T9 monk and beastlord since they get totally jobbed on the lack of a range option from T8 and T9.

Good points. 

Ok, then I'll submit another request.

Could you allow for the war aug (3.0+) to be equipped in either the Freeport Arc or the Punishment bow?   That is the T8+ set of bows.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 04:12:17 pm »

While this is active. What point would you drop the Tsernna's whip off a warrior and ranger for that tier weapon?

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 06:37:40 pm »

I already did, simply because an extra anger 5 proc is whatever compared to my full raid's dps. I was crashing zones constantly or simply lagging out due to using too many AOEs. I think my main source of the crash is using IA3 on huge pulls, warrior doing anger 6 / anger 5, 3 zerks, and skin on the warrior. It just added up to being too much combat spam. I still click off IA3 on massive pulls (zerka) just to be safe. Crashing t9 would just make me log for the day. Luckily, I haven't had any issues since I began clicking off IA3 on the Zerka pulls.

I do, however, still run the whip on my bards, ranger, and rogue. The answer to when THEY replace is never. Unless the weapon damage starts to get around 30k or so. I'm guessing we'll be using whips for a few more tiers  Grin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 09:15:26 pm »

While this is active. What point would you drop the Tsernna's whip off a warrior and ranger for that tier weapon?

I use mine with IS9 and IS8 still for more deepz! (white damage is kinda shit anyways for now..)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291