Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 06:45:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Exact Old Commons Hill Giant spawn formula.  (Read 6023 times)
zefirus

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:04:54 am »

I thought I would help out...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 01:04:30 pm »

I can't hear you, you're trailing off... and did I catch a niner in there?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:15 pm »

Best I can say is kill  wide variety of mobs insects, animals, fish and obliteration summoners.....but still seems kinda hit or miss.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Peign
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:20:03 pm »

Needs a code review and or redesign.   Committing 2-3 hours to pulling trains of 60+ and not getting an HG is completely ridiculous.   That is 2 plus hours of chain pulling yielding 0 essences.   No other zone is like that, cept maybe T7 which is a piss poor design.

Sorry, most of us cannot pull 190 mobs at a time.    Forcing us to train pull non stop is just bleh.

We should be able to come in, work on it for 1-2 hours and get an HG.    I'm not opposed to doing the time, I am opposed to pissing way 3 hours of time and getting a tall glass of jack squat.

The concept of mmorpgs is simple.   Rat hits lever, rat gets pellet.   
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 08:56:39 pm »

I have to agree here with the rat and the pellets concept

I have been avoiding T9 because its pointless, ive went in there and got a HG in 2 hours, other times I go in there and get him in 4, then an hour later, whatever

there is no consistent design here, which is well, frankly, dumb

I want to do the time, its a time sink, ok, np, but what I don't want is to go in there fly blind and have no idea where the landing strip is

do A and get B, not hard to figure out. I have, like a lot of others here a limited play schedule, so when I do commit the time frame I need to see something for my time, something!

there are 4 things in the zone,

armor, ok its a time sink, rng, whatever. you kill the mob and you get the rare drop for armor, ok cool, works great for me. put in the time and you will get your armor out of the way, cut and dry.

BP, ok whatever, you kill XXXX of undead mobs, he pops for revenge, whatever, ok, pretty cut and dry too

zerka, same thing but with the oblits, ok whatever

but the only spawn that anyone cares about is HG, and you think you know what spawns the guy and apply it and nope, try again. maybe he spawns maybe he doesn't. that's not a challenge, it just serves to tick ppl off.

in my crazy, small mind, you kill x, y, z and get HG, ok whatever. should be like you kill undead to get BP, you kill oblits to get zerka and if you kill those 2 guys then HG pops, whats wrong with that? bp has x number of undead needed to make him spawn, ok fine, I don't need to know the number, I just need to know kill undead until he shows up. zerka, kill the oblits camps, keep going until she shows up, boom, kill her and bam! HG spawns, I get my essence and life is good. I do that another 130ish times and I have all my augs, shields, and UW done. in the mean time I can do armor by kill everything else, or I can camp AWW with wisps (which seems kinda on the rare side).

really, what is wrong with that concept instead of this hit or miss, guess, wonder, hope, whatever we have going on now?

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:34 am »

You could wait for someone to spoil it for you if you can't be bothered to figure it out for yourself, I haven't even been on for the last two weeks and still have farmed well over 200+ T9 essences.  It's not that hard, I don't know the specifics, but I do know that the delay is more frustrating than the kill counts.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 07:54:06 am »

"You could wait for someone to spoil it for you if you can't be bothered to figure it out for yourself"

Any ETA on that?
Peign
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 07:58:13 am »

You could wait for someone to spoil it for you if you can't be bothered to figure it out for yourself, I haven't even been on for the last two weeks and still have farmed well over 200+ T9 essences.  It's not that hard, I don't know the specifics, but I do know that the delay is more frustrating than the kill counts.

Cant be bothered?   That is an incorrect assumption.   I've farmed over 100 essences in there as well.   Does not change the fact that I believe the design is flawed.   Waiting for 2 hours for a boss to maybe spawn is a bit flawed imo.      Put essences on the trash.   T9 has been out long enough.   
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 08:41:00 am »

Maybe have the BP and Zerka each drop a piece of journal that you can then turn in and receive a journal from someone who came and studied the behavioral patterns of the hill giants which in it tells the clues on what is needed to spawn em.

I think Billy Crystal did a movie on it.

That is taken into consideration that the code is good to go and everything is firing off properly in Old Commons.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 01:52:09 pm »

how about consistent spawns. but I'm sure if we all figured out the exact code and time we could get a consistent spawn.

here's what gets me. in t8 I know if i kill vulak 100 times I get UWX

if I kill wraith I get one essence

if I kill omm I get an essence

I know, like everyone else how to get those and you can set your watch by it. I can plan my play time to it. I know how much time it takes to accomplish these tasks.

but, I'm sure that's just my OCD trying to plan out my spare time to play after a long day at the office. my risk (time) vs rewards.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)