Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:27:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: New ideas  (Read 28781 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 12:32:34 pm »

I hate the gear system in T9 with a passion. Truly hate it.

Keeze
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 03:02:51 pm »

I have just completed t5 on 5 toons and need one kill to get the other 13 done. I hate this water zone with a passion. On one hand I like that it's quest blocks the steam roll through the zone but on the other hand it's a huge time sink and you are stuck there for awhile. Hunter always dumbed down the content when it was no longer current. Is say anything to reduce the time required to get through these zones and into t6 would be a healthy thing for the server.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 04:06:57 pm »

I haven't run it in so long, it was an honest question, not a lead in to my response which it does read like... sorry

I am sorry, I thought you were being facetious.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »

I have just completed t5 on 5 toons and need one kill to get the other 13 done. I hate this water zone with a passion. On one hand I like that it's quest blocks the steam roll through the zone but on the other hand it's a huge time sink and you are stuck there for awhile. Hunter always dumbed down the content when it was no longer current. Is say anything to reduce the time required to get through these zones and into t6 would be a healthy thing for the server.

Yes and no. The next minidungeon is going to assist with T5, but on a randomized and daily basis. I REALLY like the way the zone handles and the fact that it essentially "nudges" the player into gearing up some.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 06:26:00 pm »

Hate, any chance you could add stonehive as a clicky gate from say the waist slot? Or add a gate to bind clicky on armor?

Keeze
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 07:18:28 pm »

I'd actually be against dumbing down the content, especially in t5.

Hate's added roaming mobs, spellcasting npcs, knockbacks, special abilities on bosses, etc. It's going the other direction, and thats fine.

Hate has ALSO added hero stone drops in all zone, rainbow crystals, etc... It's a nudge to 'improve your toons' for those even too stubborn to spend time in TOFS before they positively have to.

For any real gripe about content being harder or grindier, there's been an opposite side of the coin that makes it easier to acquire the tools necessary to smooth out or even speed up the grind/progression.

All that said, i couldn't fathom a single person who would be opposed to un-rooting the corals. The 100 boss req is steep on its own, the rares are rare as ever, and corals difficulty is simply the encounter exploiting the limitations of MQ2 and underwater sticking.

While you can certainly argue that zones like airplane teach players the value of mastering bccmd to kill as efficiently as possible.. there's simply no tangible gain from slowly grinding corals underwater. All Corals ever did for me was inspire me to grind out a high level UW. Specifically to one-shot them... Which i couldnt do until the UW was way, way past abyss stage. /shrug.

Unleash them. Today. I'll link my UW and SOA next time im online. I have 0 to gain from this personally. I'm way past abyss, and the inane coral encounter flashbacks still wake me up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night every now and again. I just want the nightmares to go away.

Thanks Shocked
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:20:48 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 07:23:32 pm »

Hate, any chance you could add stonehive as a clicky gate from say the waist slot? Or add a gate to bind clicky on armor?

Sure. I'll add a spell effect tomorrow during my offday!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:26 pm »

Id go for unrooting corals

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 09:25:57 pm »

unrooting corals.............oh the dream of it......./wake up Rent.....

really good dream there, I had a dream that you could pull the corals in T5, it was so nice. I woke up wet!

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 10:57:07 pm »

I like them rooted..   Smiley
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 10:00:38 am »

I like T5 the way it is.  That zone made me take a break... almost a year.  Every single melee toon I had died on corals ... until I started UC'ing each melee.  That was a good lesson and one I have followed since that epic fail.

EZ isn't "just" about progression.  It's about charms, augs and now ... resists.  The amount of time required to produce a new progression zone, test it and make it a challenge vs ROFLStomp --> cakewalk is months long. 

T5 is over a month long on breakin from T4, and that's with the primer posted that took some of us months to decode.  It teaches those tier-equal players to head back to LDon (or ToFS) to finish up their UCs/Resists.  They are going to need them later anyway so this might be a good time to get that done.  I see no reason for that content to be dumbed down to days/hours long.

Freeing up corals would not be a viable option for those tier equal players.  That would just end in a wipe for them.  Unrooting corals would only serve the UW/UC2+ crowd, and I like hearing the whines in guild chat once the noobs hit the water. 
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:08 am »

Freeing up corals would not be a viable option for those tier equal players.  That would just end in a wipe for them.  Unrooting corals would only serve the UW/UC2+ crowd, and I like hearing the whines in guild chat once the noobs hit the water. 

Let's dance. There's a zero percent effing chance that freeing up corals ends in wipe in a situation rooting them ends in a victory. I award you zero points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Unrooting corals serves everyone. Someone using a UW isn't AEing, a rooted coral makes no difference to them. Strike two.

As for the UC2+ crowd, they still make the lesser tiered guildy/invitee kill coral while they kill the rest of the zone and then afk. Why? because the coral take no skill, no thought process whatsoever, and are the tier 5 equivalent of wisp farming. Err, make that ROOTED wisp farming.

Any time progression is mucked in a situation you can equate to wisp farming (the single most aggravating and unfun yet neccessary aspect of server progression), a re-examination of the entire process should be welcomed.

Anyone who's ever needed Moe/Glaciius off Sea Snakes after 50 clears of the zone will tell you : unrooted spread-the-f*ck-out underwater mobs aren't something you can chain pull and giggle while doing so. Its..still..a...big...grind. Merely a small mercy.

It's like explaining to your young son why the idiot neighbor leaves his dog in the car with the windows up on a 90 degree day while he drives 300 feet to the lottery deli on the end of the street to chain smoke/do scratchits/play video poker inside:

'why does he bring rusty with him daddy?'

'BECAUSE THATS THE WAY HES ALWAYS DONE IT. DO NOT QUESTION THE LOGIC BEHIND IT'

I got 30 abyss banked and a UW8. Everyone in my guild and on my friends list has been pulled thru t5 many times over. I have 0 reason to enter the zone period at this point, i don't even stand to gain from it.

I just want someone to unroot the corals for the sanity of the masses.

Let Rusty out of the truck, Hate. Sad

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 11:46:30 am »

Corals and other mobs no longer summon in t5.
The range where they group attack has been reduced so your toons are not getting arrows in the chest from adjacent corals.
Accessories have been added to more mobs (was good while you needed accessories to progress)
You no longer need accessories to progress
Essence drop % has increased in t5

Like every guide in the past says.. u should uc your melee toons at around this stage of the game. If you do not, well that's cool too but corals are going to be hard.

*I am no fan of this zone but I respect that over the last couple years it has been tuned to a point where there is no need for further change. Coral should not be able to move anyway... its a coral... if it can move, its so fn slow it has to be seen on timelapse.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »

And it's also the middle tier in advancement and years old so one would expect it to get eaiser as it's no longer bleeding edge. I really am starting to feel that there are 2 camps, those that got theirs and screw everyone else, we had to go through it and those that honestly want change for the betterment of the server. I really don't understand the mentality. What or how does it hurt anyone to ease up on stuff through t5? Oh it hurts those that value epeen.

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 06:08:39 pm »

Un-Rooting the corals would benefit higher tiered players more than lower by allowing them to be mass trainable like the rest of the zone.  I don't personally need anything from T5 but would still be in favor of un-rooting or changing those mobs.  Though really, I think making some of the rare pops a bit less rare might find the same benefit to lower tiered players without added more benefit to upper tiered players.  Paladin gloves anyone?

I really am starting to feel that there are 2 camps, those that got theirs and screw everyone else, we had to go through it and those that honestly want change for the betterment of the server. I really don't understand the mentality. What or how does it hurt anyone to ease up on stuff through t5? Oh it hurts those that value epeen.

This mentality you bring to light is rather rampant here for some reason.  It used to make sense in old EQ so perhaps it's just a clinging idea.  You would cock block players from progressing gear because raid bosses were not instanced for years.  In some more recent MMO's and older you could also argue a certain pvp advantage was gained from keeping players away from content.  In EZ however, the only idea that seems to fit is that player A spent X amount of hours to get X item and everyone else should have to do the same because they did or the items themselves lose value.  It's a real enough concept but is that reason enough not to turn this awesome server of an old game we all used to love into the best it can be?  It shouldn't be, but as I am all for free freedom of speech, it can go both ways.  Those for and against. 

All that mattered here in the past was what Hunter wanted and these days it's Hate and a few others.  Best anyone can do is provide Solid information backing any sort of suggestion (or against) and let the cards fall.  Changes have been solid in my book as of late.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:16:10 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678