Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:12:18 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 8-29-14 Misc Updates  (Read 14002 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:51:35 pm »

Miscellaneous Updates

• Overthere's UW detection has been rewritten. People smuggling UWs in will be publicly humiliated, killed (in game...), and logged. This will not occur immediately on zone in (as it will still boot you out immediately at zone in).
  • ALL ROOT SPELLS now have bard song type with 18s duration.
  • Pets will now instantly die if sent after a mob too far away (or chained from mob to mob). People attempting to pull things at great distances (and through walls) will find things very depressing with reboot. The distance is sufficiently huge, so don't panic. It will, however, kick people in the face trying to do things like Tserrina pull from zone in.
  • Call of the Lifeless, Wicked Apparition, and Avatar of Undeath had their spell damage bonuses doubled. (Live with reboot)

Status Updates

The first trio of dungeons are almost done. We are aiming for next Friday (9/6/14) to be the release date. I will try to snag some people to test them out during the week. It may take a bit of re-running, but I will make it worth your time and effort.

Next, the Ultimate Augs are almost done. I will be releasing them with the dungeons and the next note.

Finally, a new city hub is going to be built. It is optional, but will serve as another Nexus or QRG. It will act as a both a duplicated "hub", but also handle the new currencies (as they are added/needed). The first dungeon will reveal the first alternate currency used for EZ.

-Hate
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:29:58 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:15:04 pm »

Are there any changes to resisting the root spells or they a true bard type song now?

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:54:31 pm »

Are there any changes to resisting the root spells or they a true bard type song now?

This change only affects the duration of the spell. Nothing else. :-)

-Hate

Craag

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »

You forgot to announce the double loot weekend.  Right???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:09:43 pm by Craag » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 06:18:50 pm »

with the "chaining" mobs this wont effect if you have a mass pull and switch between targets and assist will it ?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 07:14:48 pm »

with the "chaining" mobs this wont effect if you have a mass pull and switch between targets and assist will it ?

The new system checks distance from player to pet. That is the only thing that matters. Before, one could essentially chain "attack" mobs to get to the end of the zone. Now, after 400 units is reached (2x normal cast distance or the same distance as the T2+ leg click) the pet will simply "die".

-Hate

Peign
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 07:31:49 pm »

Thank you for these fixes.    

Regarding UW smuggling.   My guess is that people are using the summon banker item.   They are banking their uw, zoning in, summoning banker and grabbing it.   This would explain why people were downing it in 10-30 seconds.    This is probably being exploited in some way in commonlands as well.   I've heard stories of people downing the wisp in 30 seconds.     Not sure how that is done, I guess if it is a raid sized or a group of high dps toons.  

That being said, an additional and or alternative fix could be just to check for summon banker item like you check for UW.     You could check for that item on both OT and Commons.  

My ranger takes forever to kill the GC as he cannot use his UW and his offhand is not augged.   Note, he does not have a banker item so have not tested this theory.

Oh well though, I'm there for the pvp not the GC.   Taking awhile to down the GC offers more opportunity for someone to zone in their level 73 unaugged tool and get to the QQ.

Pvping on EZ since OT implementation.    Was one of the first 3 toons in Commons watching rangers wtfown all (5x dmg on bows back then).  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:34:06 pm by Peign » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 07:45:29 pm »

The new system checks distance from player to pet. That is the only thing that matters. Before, one could essentially chain "attack" mobs to get to the end of the zone. Now, after 400 units is reached (2x normal cast distance or the same distance as the T2+ leg click) the pet will simply "die".

-Hate

That seems a little limited the distance on Dragon type mobs are much greater than smaller mobs. What about when you pull a train in t7 and your pet reflect the snare. So you kill your train and you use the xtarget window target the mob that is still running to your group because it's snared. and you hit the assist key which also sends your pet in... your pet dies? This seems like a really bad idea.

These "issues" are long time standing issues with pet classes and what makes a pet class a pet class. It is part of their ability to pull through walls. I do see your issue with exploit here so why not make the exploited mobs DT pets or limit them to the floor they are on.

No more using a pet class to PL in Pofire. What about when you accidentally forget to unsummon IG pet and run off with a caster mob that aggro and pet goes to attack. Knockback some of these exceed 400.

I'm not pet pulling to zone in ... however how is this any different than popping in between 2 3 4 5 how ever many instances and just pulling the whole floor. Mob limitations seems like a much better option.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:38:59 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »

thanks for the updates hate. Look forward to the new changes!
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 11:33:53 am »

Reports of downing the Commons wisp in thirty seconds are probably exaggerated accounts of what a warrior can do with VP weapons, the appropriate discs, and veteran AA's popped.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 12:13:12 pm »

That seems a little limited the distance on Dragon type mobs are much greater than smaller mobs. What about when you pull a train in t7 and your pet reflect the snare. So you kill your train and you use the xtarget window target the mob that is still running to your group because it's snared. and you hit the assist key which also sends your pet in... your pet dies? This seems like a really bad idea.

These "issues" are long time standing issues with pet classes and what makes a pet class a pet class. It is part of their ability to pull through walls. I do see your issue with exploit here so why not make the exploited mobs DT pets or limit them to the floor they are on.

No more using a pet class to PL in Pofire. What about when you accidentally forget to unsummon IG pet and run off with a caster mob that aggro and pet goes to attack. Knockback some of these exceed 400.

I'm not pet pulling to zone in ... however how is this any different than popping in between 2 3 4 5 how ever many instances and just pulling the whole floor. Mob limitations seems like a much better option.

Yellow: What dragon hitbox is so big that 400 units isn't enough? There is no mob in the game that I'm aware of with a hitbox that large. A hitbox that would tamper with a 400 unit range would be so big that a hill giant wouldn't make it past the ankle. If you know of a specific mob(s) that are this gigantic, please let me know so I can fix them.

Red: These "issues" are exploits. The ability to pulls mobs across floors, through walls, or kill barrels from zone-in ARE exploitative. There is not a small list of "exploited" mobs that I could easily fix. Even if I did, I would fix the current list only to find a new one every few days/weeks. The correct fix is a preventative, global measure that permanently fixes the problem instead of band-aid fixing every new occurrence.

Orange: I'm sorry that this change will break your ability to kill the zone from the zone in...but the note above kind of explains it. As for the forgetting to unsummon the pet but it runs off? If you forgot you unsummon it and it's going to die anyway, no loss eh? Finally, the only knockback that should exceed 400 is the Gnome Punter reward that a few gents got for testing t9. It's knockback could potentially hit that ONLY if sufficient space was given.

Beige: Pet pulling is different because you could zone in to TOFS public, pull mobs from any floor. Hop into solo instance, repeat. Hop into raid instance, repeat. Hop into guild instance, repeat. etc etc etc. The only mob limitation that would fix this is allowing everything to summon, leashing everything, or setting mobs to evade (which leashing pretty much does).

I want to make sure you are aware that, while sounding harsh, I'm not attacking you. I'm seeing a lot of scattered thoughts grasping for straws to remove this change. I may adjust the range as needed, but right now it's sufficiently huge enough.

-Hate

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 02:58:44 pm »

Dont think you are attacking me i am just trying to point out some flaws that may have been over looked. I do run 3 bsts have for about 18 months now so things like this greatly effect me. I will be testing and make sure to give you proper feedback if anything could be changed. Pet pulling through walls has been something that was used on live. I did it on my bst to pull najena multiple times. Set distance check to caster and tether Tserrina to floor 7 seems like it would be less of a hazard to me. but as i said when i get time i'll check it out
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 03:20:33 pm »

Dont think you are attacking me i am just trying to point out some flaws that may have been over looked. I do run 3 bsts have for about 18 months now so things like this greatly effect me. I will be testing and make sure to give you proper feedback if anything could be changed. Pet pulling through walls has been something that was used on live. I did it on my bst to pull najena multiple times. Set distance check to caster and tether Tserrina to floor 7 seems like it would be less of a hazard to me. but as i said when i get time i'll check it out

Do you think they should be able to pull longer then casters and leg click... the pet is still set above those currently.. so if this is effecting you.. quit Haxxing Krinkles pets!

Reality this shouldn't be an issue, only for those know they are doing.. questionable pulling to bypass keys and whatever

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 12:02:32 pm »

there is no issue with this..it will not have any impact on normal game play...

well done I say...

kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 09:42:02 am »

Ditto to the post above me.  I play a mage and it hasn't really affected me at all.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65017
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 217