Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 08:23:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Odd Lag / Zone Issues Random Characters  (Read 16113 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:01:25 am »

Since last week I've randomly experienced sever lag most noticeable when looting, but it also affects combat. I'll get the "you can not do that right now" or what ever. With the looting, it takes forever to open up the corpse, the looting is not too bad but then your stuck in the corpse for awhile. It seams to happen after zoning, I was fine doing my thing in LP, died then rezed back in with the lag. Zoneing out of instance and coming back seemed to fix it.
One thing about zoning, if your going to get bit by this lag, you will probably see a significant delay on zone and when it loads up and your in it, the "you have joined the raid" message spam it quit delayed too.
My guildie experienced this last night as well. Anyone else seeing it?

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 09:22:34 am »

I've noticed a difference in the extended target window when fighting 10+ mobs at a time.

When I kill them all quickly, the 5 immediately purge themselves from my window, then it takes a second for the next 5 to appear, whereas it used to be immediate.

Doesn't really bother me, but thought I'd bring it up here.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:53:57 am »

Also - twice now I've had a train of mine disengage from me (I lost their aggro) during a pull... Once it happened in Dranik, and once in Abyss. That has NEVER happened before

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:08 am »

Same here.  Old Commons was so sticky I lost link during combat.  Rebooted and came back, but it was the same.  This also has never happened before.  All since Halloween.
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 04:36:38 pm »

Last night I was trying to loot a corpse in T8 and it took 5 minutes for the toon to kneel down and open the corpse's loot screen. Then another 5 to loot the actual item, then I could not even stand up or un target the corpse.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:45:24 pm »

Yup here too. Anything more than 15 or so and I lag Like crazy and usually my main will dc. Been happening since halfway through halloween event. I just figured it was from the larger population from the event.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »

I thought you guys were just having bad luck cuz I've seen no problems at all until last night, looting took a few extra seconds more than normal. Other than that haven't experienced lag, even pulling 20+. Maybe it's specific zones?
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 04:54:48 pm »

its random, I usually experience it after zoning.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 07:53:19 pm »

same issue i have been having since the event first started. i was told it was my client side which i have replace the cable modem removed the router. redid my clients. and i still have this issue. oh and a handful of other people.... i even wiped my 2nd computer and started clean and still have the same damn issue... this is sad because i cant play. there is something going on that is NOT CLIENT SIDE. can we please have this looked at.

What i have noticed
When i log in 18 toons at least 2 toons have pings over 6k MS sometimes my main client. I run mupltiple installs of eq and it is random on what toons it picks to desync.

Sometimes camping fixes the issue but the next pull a differnt toon tends to spike in latency

This doesnt only happen when i run 18 toons i can be sitting afk with 1 toon open and come back to being sitting at 6k ping
I have run every test i can. i run 100mbps down and 5 up more than enough to handle 1 toon. I have 3 computers with 2 different installs of eq clients and it does it on both.

I also have tested running this on another internet connection just to make sure that it was not my side.. and well it spiked too.

my orignal post

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4505.msg57704#msg57704
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:57:57 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »

Question:

Are ANY of you Time Warner customers or a small company OWNED by Time Warner? At work we've been getting SEVERE issues with DNS and routing from most of our TWC stores.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 08:32:52 pm »

Yeah I am Sad how can I confirm or fix this lol?
I'm now having characters that show in the zone alone not grouped or raided, can move around the about 20 seconds later they show in group and spam, "had joined the raid"
Getting a few disconnects when bcaa /enter guild nexus etc.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:36:27 pm by Warbash » Logged

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »

I'm not, experienced my first lag out in a while in t9 tonight. Was main tank only. Was directly after the befallen release happened.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »

Warbash, we have had some success with DNS crap by using both Google DNS (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) and OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220). Basically pick one from each set and set them to your primary and secondary DNS on modem/router/computer. If it's a routing issue, it's a bit more complicated and I wouldn't advise tinkering with that unless you know damn well what you are doing. As a ghetto fix, you could potentially find a proxy server that connects and go that route....but it's also not easy or stupid fast. Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 09:43:07 pm »

Thanks Smiley I have been thinking about going https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ which would help this some I think.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 03:28:16 pm »

I am not time warner or cox. neither are the 2 guildies that i play with that have similar issues.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 166