Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 08:22:13 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Odd Lag / Zone Issues Random Characters  (Read 16109 times)
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 07:06:27 pm »

comcast and just today atleast 12 times it did a weird delay issue, ms was 80 fps was 50 solid, even could reply instantly in ooc but i had to swap to my druid to command toons to attack cause they weren't listening to the war, and the war literally took 3 minutes to catch up to mobs being already dead its a really weird lag delay tried many things new eq files, checking router and firewall settings lots of stuff beyond that optimizations everything, and I hear that same weird lag delay happening to several people today so I am pretty sure at this point it isn't anything on my end.

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 07:21:31 pm »

If anyone experiencing issues has been parsing with all filters off, that could be why there are desyncing issues when playing in normal gameplay.  If multiple characters are logging everything, especially in the same directory, desync would probably result from it.  Hell, even in normal gameplay and on large pulls, I have to filter everything but incoming mob hits or I desync.  Probably isn't the issue most people are having, but just thought I'd throw that out there.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 08:52:51 pm »

Yeah Dim,
I have had that happen, this is not it.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »

comcast and just today atleast 12 times it did a weird delay issue, ms was 80 fps was 50 solid, even could reply instantly in ooc but i had to swap to my druid to command toons to attack cause they weren't listening to the war, and the war literally took 3 minutes to catch up to mobs being already dead its a really weird lag delay tried many things new eq files, checking router and firewall settings lots of stuff beyond that optimizations everything, and I hear that same weird lag delay happening to several people today so I am pretty sure at this point it isn't anything on my end.

had that same issue and it was only watch logged in. this seems to happen more when im connected to the universal chat server then when not. didnt that go live about the same time the event started? i.e. tell queues
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 05:35:48 pm »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4532.msg58528;topicseen#new
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:42 pm »

So I put everything back in one folder, copied server files back, deleted everything from the Halloween event and restored my globalload.txt file. will see how it goes now Smiley

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 12:52:35 am »

So I put everything back in one folder, copied server files back, deleted everything from the Halloween event and restored my globalload.txt file. will see how it goes now Smiley
No change on the loot lag or desynch but not disconnecting on zone

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 10:32:59 am »

Saw this on emu, not sure I its related.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39031

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 11:18:45 am »

I've had odd ball disconnects while zoning too, of course, I suck and didn't backup the files pre halloween, are the floating anywhere easily accessible?  I'd give it a go to see if it helps.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 02:09:04 pm »

Have an SoF disc....thinking I should try that and see if maybe it is a UF problem?  I am still thinking it is a server problem myself, but Akka and Hate or anyone who could possibly verify have been very quiet...... Undecided

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 02:30:18 pm »

Haven't really seen this issue since the server was getting attacked w/that microsoft SQL issue that Akka patched. Might have something to do w/it (was at the end of halloween)

Keeze
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 04:29:27 pm »

Ok.  I tried installing SoF (had the disc) changed all the stuff to get it to hook up to Eqemultor/EZ server...still high ping rates...so I know it isn't just UF client......unchanged ping rates/load times between UF and SoF clients.  Huh

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 04:34:11 pm »

Here is an idea that I think I may try.  Going to make another toon on another server and see if I have issues there...will definitely be able to tell if it is server issue or my end.  All I have to go on atm is my toon on Star Wars: The Old Republic has no issues loading/playing etc (and that's playing with everything at max settings)...but EZ is just being a complete bitch!  Angry

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 11:53:34 pm »

Have an SoF disc....thinking I should try that and see if maybe it is a UF problem?  I am still thinking it is a server problem myself, but Akka and Hate or anyone who could possibly verify have been very quiet...... Undecided

Maybe quiet here. But I've been extremely busy working on overhauls for EQEmu.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commits?author=Akkadius

If there is a server performance issue, which I'm not quite convinced that there is quiet yet, I will most definitely fix it.

Could be a variety of other things, but it is hard to say truly until I get some hard data and commonality of problems before I start to do anything to determine where a problem potentially lies.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:50:42 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »

I ran a Ez client on the Lootfest server 4 day uptime didnt go over 80ms ping... 3k on ez same client version
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 166