Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:10:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: DPS Comparisons and Parses  (Read 46662 times)
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »

Have had a couple requests in-game for a GamParse guide...

GamParse guide HERE - I made it quick, will make it better soon
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:40:31 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
avadar

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 05:12:56 pm »

This is cool to parse all the toons. All i want to know is what is the intent? I get a simple balance of DPS on casters if it is DRASTICALLY far off, but are we really trying to make DPS toons out of Non-DPS types of characters? I'd like to see more functionality out of some toons, like a shaman mass slow to help keep tanks alive, or a more effective cleric healer etc..etc... I'd rather people provide more insight in making more classes more functional and how.  What I am asking is that I would hope that class functionality and it's integrity is maintained and aimed to make better. Just my 2cents.

-Harthek
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:17:39 pm by avadar » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 05:21:13 pm »

This is cool to parse all the toons. All i want to know is what is the intent? I get a simple balance of DPS on casters if it is DRASTICALLY far off, but are we really trying to make DPS toons out of Non-DPS types of characters? I'd like to see more functionality out of some toons, like a shaman mass slow to help keep tanks alive, or a more effective cleric healer etc..etc... I'd rather people provide more insight in making more classes more functional and how.  What I am asking is that I would hope that class functionality and it's integrity is maintained and aimed to make better. Just my 2cents.

-Harthek

Not quite. If the DPS casters NEED work, then the DPS caster (assuming the numbers prove as much) may see a bump. If we find out class X is 200% higher in literally all cases, I will look at why, how, and what needs to be done.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 05:45:48 pm »

Glad to see Rymo a.k.a "How-the-Hell-does-he-do-that" finally post on forums =)

avadar

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 05:48:44 pm »

Rymo's DPS post = beat the game with 6 toons.

-Harthek
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 05:51:02 pm »

"How-the-Hell-does-he-do-that"

It's not hard, been saying it for ever.. Invest into your toons period. If you take Poo to the table, expect Poo in return.

My #s are similar to Rymo's death squad of terror. I do not have a rogue so that really excited me when I seen the numbers off the 2nd parse

But the set up is far from cheap period!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 06:58:59 pm »

Alternate suggestion, just dawned on me maybe this is what you were possibly thinking hate, why not a stackable amplify damage spell for enc mage nec wiz respectively (of course 100%+ higher rate for wizards obviously just like cleric does for amplify healing) Just an alternate solution that would take less work then having to redo dd values? (Tier 8 range click with damage bonus higher then standard much like dru shm has)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:01:16 pm by aythena » Logged

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 07:03:25 pm »

The main issue with casters is that they're not at par with melee in "real-world" (non-practice dummy) situations... (as per previous posts). By the time you engage mobs, they can get one or two spells off, when melee have been auto-whacking numerous times.

What about more AoE damage from pure casters? That way even if you only get one or two spells off during a fight, at least you hit 9 mobs while doing it.

Just a thought. I could be wrong, again, I don't play casters.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:07:51 pm by Darpey » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 08:04:54 pm »

Ranger and Bard also are Ninjastrike capable and can use Tserrina's Whip

Any of the three NS classes that can use would gain 9% DPS with NSX1's... more percentage for NS9's or 10's (650k strike damage vs. 712k strike damage)

Yep....but no NS class gains as much from the whip as the rogue because of ingenuity AA.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 08:29:44 pm »

No offense intended to anyone in this thread, but I'm seeing TONS of suggested fixes and almost no data to act upon.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »

Rogue is I believe the only ninjastrike class that can use a  Tswhip and still benefit from ingenuity, and that advantage as I recall is a pretty big one (15% bigger crits IIRC). I seem to recall from the last parses I did (granted, 4 or 5 months ago) that rogues were slightly better for me DPS wise than monks.
Zerker, mnk get this too, may be why ranger and bard are so much lower?

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 10:16:36 pm »

Class: Monk
Level: 78
Gear: Full T9, UC2, ROA: 397
Weapons: Shadowed Man's Fist x2
Augs: Epic 9.0 + NSXI x2
Buffs: None

Time: 1267
Total Damage: 2,345,076,189
DPS: 1,850,889
Hits: 2264
Max Hit: 4,485,000
Avg Hit: 1,035,811

Class: Wizard
Level: 77
Gear: Full T8, UC2, RoA: 249
ManaNeck: Not Used
Spells Used: /twist Hateborne's Glacial Gift + Yamakagi's Fiery passion Inferno II

Time: 944
Total Damage: 378,063,675
DPS: 400,491
Hits: 142
Max Hit: 5,029,200
Avg Hit: 2,662,420

Class: Mage
Level: 77
Gear: Full T8, UC2, RoA: none
Mananeck: XI
Spells used: Shylo's Bolt of Doom II
Pet Used: Epic 9.0, Ornate Swords, no buffs

Time: 631
Total Damage: 573,584,757
DPS: 909,009
Hits: 1,397
Max Hit: 2,400,000
Avg Hit: 410,583

First time using a parse, so maybe I messed up, idk /shrug

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:57 pm »

I think part of the issue that i can confirm is that ....

casters with a cast time and cool-down can not do dps in fights that are insta kill fests...

they may parse on a practice dummy ok..or better at least... BUT in real world they are absolute junk because of this..

So parse all you want but if they can not insta Burst DPS then they are next to useless..

TL/DR

Caster damage may or may not be broken but how to apply the dps is the major busted parts

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 12:53:04 am »

I'm curious as to where all these people that seem to have such an issue with the caster to melee disparity are?  Where are all these parses that these people should be compiling, the empirical data along with a valid solution to address this atrocity?  I don't doubt that casters could be in need of some sort of boost, but I don't play enough casters to bother gearing them up over my other characters or caring.  It just seems odd that the most vocal people in asking for a change also happen to be the ones most devoid of anything concrete indicating why it's necessary or giving a realistic route as to how to accomplish it.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 01:40:57 am »

I'm curious as to where all these people that seem to have such an issue with the caster to melee disparity are?

Right on the button!

Where are all these parses that these people should be compiling, the empirical data along with a valid solution to address this atrocity?

excellent point!

I don't doubt that casters could be in need of some sort of boost, but I don't play enough casters to bother gearing them up over my other characters or caring.

But wait...how can anyone parse...they are horrible dps...know one has a bunch of geared up casters they play laying around...that's the entire point...we don't play them BECAUSE we all know the dps is jacked...

It just seems odd that the most vocal people in asking for a change also happen to be the ones most devoid of anything concrete indicating why it's necessary or giving a realistic route as to how to accomplish it.

Again..we..do not have them because they are horrid...how can we parse them fairly with the gear being so off from the rest of our groups? you want to see a bunch of uc1 wizzy parse vrs an UW11 uc3 war parse? yes they suck...but that wont tell us anything...

The parsing you want us to do cant be done (other than a few ubers) because WE (theplayers) do not play these classes....

Just look at the Rymo's DPS post...thats pretty much as good as its going to get...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78