Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 05:09:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Issues with EZ Server  (Read 28365 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »

Ok, lately I have had my fair share of issues with running  clients on EZ Server.  I have done a complete system restore, just in case I had a virus or something else causing issues.  I have reinstalled the game....but I am still having issues with lag and high ping rates.  When I zone my crew of 12...I will loose 9 of the 12 on zoning.   Those that make it will ping around 100-700ms.  I am debating about running 12 different clients and having WinEQ just load each client individually...instead of running 2 clients (one for main and a bots folder running the other 11 toons)....maybe have a folder for main 1 bot 1, bot 2, bot 3, bot 4, bot 5, bot 6...etc etc to bot 12....think that would help?  Just trying to find a way to get EZ to be reliable like it use to be for YEARS....the past 2 months have been like fingernails on a chalk board.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:25:12 pm »

No, that won't fix anything.

Ok, ok, it might. I don't know, sometimes really random shit happens with computers, but in general it doesn't matter if they're all loading from the same folder or not.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:50:22 pm »

That won't really make a difference in my opinion, the server has been acting up. I get the same disconnect too. Only reason to use different folders is for different global files.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:08:10 pm »

this seems to happen more when im connected to the universal chat server then when not. didnt that go live about the same time the event started? i.e. tell queues

Saw this and had to stop and wonder if all this happened around the same time....tell queues...could that be the issue?

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:24:46 pm »

Without fail my Ranger, Shaman, and Cleric almost always crash while zoning.. And no one ever sends them tells for anything. Unless the tell queue just universally strikes down one toon out of 10 that zone. Since i usually have the same troubled toons (My main 6 + enc really never crash, part of the reason i don;t always log in everyone), i've often wondered if it s a funky valeue or something in the individual character's info files.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 08:54:22 pm »

All my toons will eventually lag from 59ish ping to 130+ and then zoning becomes an issue. It's odd.

Keeze
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 09:20:54 pm »

I notice the lag get bad either when I first zone in or ive been in the zone a while

if its when I first zone in, I rezone to somewhere else then come back

if it is as the zone ages I take that as a clue to just log off /shrug

either way this lagging thing has been going on 2-3 months now

the time it really pisses me off is when im looting and I loot the body, hit my loot key and it goes back to the same corpse I just looted......grrrrrr

what have I changed in the past 3 months? nothing, I have updates turned off, I use 2 folders for logging in

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 01:23:40 am »

the time it really pisses me off is when im looting and I loot the body, hit my loot key and it goes back to the same corpse I just looted......grrrrrr

Stupid question, but have you tried
/hidec looted

Must admit I personally haven't had these problems, and I'm in the UK
Ping is generally around 100ms

Only issue I have noticed is the game freezes every now and again, sometimes for like 5-10 secs
And when a mini boss is spawned in T6 from trash, it hangs for a second

But not had issues with disconnects / zoning etc, I do get client crash now and again, but that's a UF issue, as it's always done that

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 05:49:21 am »

Just wondering if Akka has looked into this or not, as it started slightly (for me) before Halloween.  I am getting to the point now that when my toons get booted while zoning, I just shut the computer down and go find something else to do.  Undecided

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 09:21:20 am »

I never had any problems before Halloween, but during the event I had bad lag and server desync so I went to 2 folders, 1 for main and the others with modified globals. Have had these problems ever since.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 11:22:31 am »

Stupid question, but have you tried
/hidec looted

Must admit I personally haven't had these problems, and I'm in the UK
Ping is generally around 100ms

Only issue I have noticed is the game freezes every now and again, sometimes for like 5-10 secs
And when a mini boss is spawned in T6 from trash, it hangs for a second

But not had issues with disconnects / zoning etc, I do get client crash now and again, but that's a UF issue, as it's always done that

yes, I actually always have this on/done. I am talking you loot, the body disappears, but there is a lag in it disappearing so you end up looting the same corpse twice. when things are working right, it will loot as fast as I can hit the button and go to the next body np.

I mostly see this happening on my toons, not on Rent.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 11:56:06 am »

same here, and once again, i do dual folders as well..

It might have something to do with a stripped out global load file, or going (1 dke, dke) on the zone load files.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 12:47:59 pm »

I don't think that's the issue as one folder is unchanged (my main toon and off tank) the other (bot folder) is modified and both have issues.  I am just hearing from the powers that be, that the issues cant be server side...but I am seeing more and more people coming out and saying that something is going on.  The closest I can come to putting a finger on anything is the tell que system....I am wondering if that hasn't created the whole issue.  My only other suggestion is something with daily missions...that was when I first started noticing a change.  I don't know if queue tells came at/around the same time or not as the dailies though.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:06:23 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »

just tried to log in again....started (pinging at 64ms) within 5 minutes was pinging at 1600ms and had incredibly hard time getting toons to even log in.  Would make it to character select and then just stick between that and entering world. I am getting the feeling you guys have put my isp address in the file to mess with lol.

avadar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 01:37:48 pm »

Without fail - every time I zone 1-4 characters crash. I hover around 50ms ping and really latency is not the issue. The clients freeze on zoning. This is happening much more frequently lately... Would love to know if there is a fix for this. I do not think it is on my end, computer is running great and internet is stable. Let me know if there's something I can do. Thanks.
-Harthek
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061