Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:24:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Author Topic: T10 Thoughts/Musings  (Read 76500 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2015, 03:19:02 pm »

I agree that drake is O.P. and honestly would like to see it go back to a hit limit. Its IMHO a tool for pulls to help keep agro off the cleric but since the change its benched my cleric. Yes with or without drake content will be conquered. Harder to mass pull and that would up the hardness factor. I would just hope that druids would be given something else to keep them relevant.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2015, 03:29:56 pm »

Expletus, same as I told Rent, move on. This is for T10.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2015, 03:40:41 pm »

Last request to get back on topic before I lock the thread. Please stay on topic.

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:22 pm »

Sorry Hate, posted soon after you posted the first one. I removed the post.

Harthek and Leis had a really interesting idea, one that tackles UW AND Drake. Har's idea was a boss event where during the fight the boss spawns mini versions of the bosses target...so 4 or 5 little Fugi's would spawn (giving Hate his wish....kind of). This would make it almost impossible to automatically target the tank for drake (as anyone with a Halloween familiar knows). I thought making them genuine clones would be a great idea....to which Leis replied that it'd force everyone to have dummy weapons ready on their tank, so they didnt get 1 shot by a UWXI wielding clone.

Anyway, just a thought....and a fun one!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:19:25 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2015, 04:05:35 pm »

Sorry HB however now that you spilled the beams about a revisit to drake I felt it was relevant to shaping t10. Anyway let's discuss zones !!! Valdholm for the win. I think anything old school like velious and kunark need to be ruled out. There are many zones that are more aesthetically pleasing and built for a cool zone.

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2015, 04:25:15 pm »

${Me.ID}
learn it ....love it....

.so 4 or 5 little Fugi's would spawn (giving Hate his wish....kind of). This would make it almost impossible to automatically target the tank for drake (as anyone with a Halloween familiar knows)

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2015, 04:29:26 pm »

After reading your post Hate, and having a similar experience (albeit not being the weirdo refusing to jump on the warrior train), it sounds like you understand the good and the bad of what made each tier.  It's in good hands.  NO WATER.

After browsing the posts it looks like Most people prefer boss chains.  No one likes water.  Mini boss pops are fun.  T5 boss spawns were interesting but some far too rare to be required for progression.  T6 getting harder as you go was a neat challenge increase.  

You certainly have many new tools including expeditions to make this into something outside of what has already been done.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2015, 04:39:53 pm »

${Me.ID}
learn it ....love it....

Never worked for me.

Well, correction. Never worked reliably. Works sometimes, sometimes doesnt. Unsure why.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:46:31 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
greatshadow

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2015, 07:30:39 pm »

I enjoyed the boss chains in t5 accept for the stupid rare ones.  T6 i think has had the best setup minus the spiral staircases. No tokens no crystals , Just unleash us as the killing machines we are.  I would like to see items/item that's rare and unique to the zone that is actually usable.  Im not talking like the t10 weapon drops etc. I mean a significant item that actually doesnt need to be built.  Put the fun back into grinding for the random chance to get something awesome.

Xeky

PS All the water on the EZ server was evaporating so much it had to be drained into T5 to keep that tier going.  So water isn't available for t10
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2015, 08:29:20 am »

Now that its pretty obvious Hate will be making T10 in the Plane of Water....

How about an upgraded version of Tserina's whip.. maybe a quest, rare drop item, something hard to do, but a new skin that allows an extra strike aug and has some kind of a neat proc with updated white damage.  Maybe even one for FS/IS users too who have nothing better to spend their SLS on.  There was a ranger only whip in plane of Earth that proc'd swarm pets for example, was kinda fun.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2015, 11:08:05 am »

No, but I can flag zones as underwater and make ANY zone into Kedge.

-Hate

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2015, 11:30:40 am »

/crys
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2015, 12:07:42 pm »

Evil.
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2015, 12:29:37 pm »

You should do that to the Nexus or stonehive one day, just for SNG. 
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2015, 02:31:07 pm »

lol or have it flag nexus for 5 minute randomly when someone hails the buffbot. I'm sure Hunter would approve, and giggle a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)