Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:26:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Author Topic: T10 Thoughts/Musings  (Read 80386 times)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2015, 03:24:42 pm »

lol or have it flag nexus for 5 minute randomly when someone hails the buffbot. I'm sure Hunter would approve, and giggle a bit.

lol he would too

ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2015, 07:33:20 pm »

I like the mechanics of t5 to a degree. The water part not so much. And the rarity of some of the bosses not so much. Could have a similar thing for t10, and even keep the rare spawns, but make those have a chance of dropping a rare weapon skin or caster ranged etc but not require them for progression.  I love t6 for its straight forwardness, progressivly harder bosses and the zone (outside of those damn stairs) is great for the bot army stuff. I like t8 a lot but the class specific drops suck a bag of dicks. I could have flagged 20 sk's but still need some things for shammy and cleric.
So long as we stay away from water i think you can use elements of the other tiers to make this both fun, and challenging.  I am looking forward to breaking into it.

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2015, 07:52:46 pm »

Thought of a way to address Drake in t10.

Have the mobs proc a healing reducing debuff that cannot be cleansed in 1 shot.  Maybe it takes off one stack, pulling trains would result in too many stacked debuffs to live through.

Add in an item on future t11 vendor or from t11 that cleanses it.

Still gain benefit of Drake for farming purposes but might allow not trivializing t10.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2015, 08:26:57 pm »

Thought of a way to address Drake in t10.

Have the mobs proc a healing reducing debuff that cannot be cleansed in 1 shot.  Maybe it takes off one stack, pulling trains would result in too many stacked debuffs to live through.

Add in an item on future t11 vendor or from t11 that cleanses it.

Still gain benefit of Drake for farming purposes but might allow not trivializing t10.

you could totally accomplish what youre saying with simply making mobs dispel in T10 lol, negates drake and makes its frustrating as hell to boot $$

just end up doing it buffless lol

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2015, 09:09:27 pm »

doesn't drake go in song window?
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2015, 09:23:40 pm »

Can we get a separate topic for Drake so ideas like the one posted above which would make Several classes (enchanter/shaman/druid) non existant as well...  Don't clog up actual T10 discussion..
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:37:34 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2015, 12:30:58 am »

so far throughout this thread there have been

-No Water zones
-Progressively harder mobs as you go deeper into the tier
-Rare drops off of bosses, in addition to the regular drops
-Multiple zones comprising of the single tier (expansion if you will)
-Harder encounters through spells, abilities, mechanics of the mobs/bosses
-No weird scripting, ie kill 173.3 mobs to get a chance to spawn A and kill to get a chance at B spawn
-Kill A to spawn B to spawn C type named
-Co-op grouping/raiding
-Top level gearing to accomplish goals in T10 (UW's, UC's, Resists, RoA's, SoA's, Strike Augs, etc)
-Length of tier, ie not able to be completed with a short period of time
-Depth of tier, side questing
-Upgrades to existing older quests (SoT, Whip, leaves, resist stones)
-No Water!
-T6 modeling, above, harder progression as you march forward
-T5 modeling without the insane rarity of certain bosses
-No AFK zone models (ie, you need to piss, zone out) *odd request, but hey w/e*
-True difficulty in terms of strategy to engage and overcome
-No mindless farming of mobs to collect items to spawn xyz
-Task type models so you can complete as your time permits (short playing time players rejoice)
-Warring factions throughout the tier (dragons vs dwarfs vs giants, etc)
-Roaming mobs as well as static groups
-No zone repop timers (ie T7 4hrs)
-Zone clearing, completion point to gauge (unlike T9 with constant repop every 10mins)
-No class specific drops (ie T8 kill one mob 47 times for a cleric bracer)
-Leash named to a certain flat, open area to avoid mob hang up in hills, trees, etc
-smaller zones with less computer taxing vs a T9 with 600 mobs respawning all the time
-Lots of weapon skins, differing off slot items, shields, etc to choose from (no cookie cutter crew anymore)
-No buy your way, must grind it out on your own, earn your way

there are others that I cant think of, please add to this list to get a compiled "what we want" list
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:51:54 am by rent » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2015, 04:52:32 am »

Thats about what I've seen, and so far a pretty damned good list.

One thing we need, I think, too, is an "Oh, shit!" factor.....for example, during Halloween, you're killing/grinding and something unexpected pops. In that case it was a boss chain....but the first time it happened I remember thinking, "WTF?? I'm about dead as it is!". I'd like to see setups that cause mobs to hit you when you dont expect it....like after you've killed something gnarly and are looting his corpse, his bigger, older prison inmate brother comes around the bend with a disturbing look in his eye. A Roy Scheider "You're gonna need a bigger boat!" moment.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2015, 05:59:20 am »

Forcing grouping on progression 12 tiers in is moronic... if you want to group goto p99...

I like the concept of adding grouping but not for progression maybe on an alt zone like tofs... Forcing the dozen or so active t9 people to have to group to progress is stupid. Most are setup to box and have adapted to that setup. I.e pull for 20 min go play with kids/pets etc or play at work.

Let alone that when you have multiple toons from multiple I.p.s seen to bog the zone and makes it lag
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2015, 07:30:39 am »

I'm not going to suddenly change what EZ has always been. There is no fear of that. :-)

-Hate

Hate already indicated EZ won't be changing towards a multiplayer player required content model.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2015, 08:00:31 am »

Lol 'warring factions' is NOT something the general public is clamoring for.

Lets see a show of hands who found cursed venomfangs and giant spiders as something that 'enhanced' their enjoyment of t9....

yeah, thats what i thought.

As for having an AFK-friendly spot in a zone, thats the nature of a casual-type server. Once you log in 6-12 toons you really dont want to log them off if u have to run an errand or eat lunch or some other short-range afk activity. Having a spot in each zone to accomplish this is almost a vital part of EZ infrastructure.

Only place where this was ever much of an issue was really in Postorms where ppl afk at the zone in would die horrible deaths if anyone attacked the green dragon north of the Zone-in. lol. good times.

And of course losing the tunnel in t9 if you afk for a full game day.. no biggie tho... Or those maddening instances in t9 where you pee, smoke a cigarette and come back and find out that some black bear that you tagged 30 minutes ago and got into a tussle with a cursed venomfang ... won with 10% health, and slowly crawled over to your camp and gingerly steamrolled your entire AFK crew because you had yet to put a ninja-click (for exactly only this specific reason: afking in t9) on your enchanter and you gotta rebuff and zone all 12 toons...

blah blah blah.. once again.. Warring factions is effing stupid and it's not like we're looking for roleplay immersion here in the first place. Haven't been to many roleplay event weddings or cookie bake offs in kelethin since i first rolled up my toon army. Just sayin.. Wink
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:02:05 am by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2015, 08:13:38 am »

Damn those spiders.  Happens everytime.  I just used the group CoH click to aggro wipe whenever some warring faction decided to interrupt the trains.  Warring factions out in the kill zone is a mess.  If you instead wanted to use NPC hubs that decide what cosmetic set of gear you get, and have an associated faction, then warring factions is fine.
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2015, 05:55:50 am »

perhaps off topic but stat crunch please...  I dont even know if my pally is healing for 150k or 1500k most of the time.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2015, 01:03:31 pm »

Its hard to tell on healing...my paladin may not be doing shit because with 78% stonewall and 230984823904820308 regen I might just be fooling myself....

I am going to pull the pally out today just to see if he does anything...i have noticed I can tank 3 t9 junk mobs on my tank and take no damage....I have not tried with more than that....

would be funny if all this time it was the regen doing the healing and not the paladin.....

Peign
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2015, 07:27:18 pm »

Just caught up... holy shit. First of all there needs to be a decision made. Is EZ server a boxing server where you can log in and do what you need to do OR is EZ server a raiding server where you have set times and need others.

If it's a boxing server, multiple tasks, off tanking on the other side of the zone shit like that won't work except for a select few that do team up.

Think about the negatives. Raid times, ppl not showing up, canceling raid b/c lil billy didn't show up with his cleric. Fighting over loot, loot dkp, oye!

You can't flip the switch at T10 and say Oh hey btw you now require 3 tanks, 2 of which are off tanking on opposite sides of the zones and while you are doing that you need 50 ppl to beat on the main guy while singing mary poppins.

Ppl keep referencing "Live", "Like Live" well shit go play live then.

This.   
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061