Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 01:27:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Hypothetical: SLS Revamp?  (Read 22028 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 04:11:59 pm »

It is exceedingly easy to bypass IP tracking, hell even tethering through a cell phone with a VPN app could do it.  Far too easy to get around that limitation in my opinion.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 04:15:15 pm »

Ok, a little history lesson:

Hunter announced a couple years ago that he agreed with many of the people who were saying that BU weapons were ridiculously overpowered for the content, given how easy they were to acquire and how many people got them during Halloween. Enter BU weapons nerf! Then in a week or so he announced his idea for Ultimate Weapons, and some ideas of what they would entail.

Suddenly people were mass farming essences, hoping they could get a head start on these weapons. MANY players had stacks of em, to the point that the day Hunter pushed the UW system live within the first hour (more like the first ten minutes) someone had a rank 7 UW. Within a week this "uber rare, very hard to get" item was on a dozen players, and at high ranks.

Enter essence nerfs. Hunter KILLED the drop rate on essences in a bunch of zones. Yeah, it made getting the UW harder, but it also made getting strike augs (which even by then were NOT optional hardware) extremely difficult, especially for newer players.

After we had 800 or so different adjustments to essence drop rates, and positive and negative effects across the board.

The UW should have a bottleneck, yes....or 2 or 3. It should be harder to make than getting 5 ranks or EotA....and its not. But by making tiered essences one of the bottlenecks you dramatically effect progression for people not even doing the UW, because it limits things like strikes, mana necks or SoA.

Separate them please!

Hey....here's an idea: why not replace the tier essence system for UW with a specific drop in tiered zones (no trade) combined with X amount of gemstone of the ages? Cheesy

As for the SLS issue.....I am deeply against berries as the chief means of getting SLS. Not with the problems we've had (almost non stop) with the mini system. Not unless you want to put in another way (more reliable and not so easy to mass farm using inert boxes who just show up to get 10 berries) to get berries.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 05:36:54 pm »

I see plenty of new players starTing having no problems with ess... by removing the tier ess yoU effectively remove the need for any old player to return to old content... double edge sword there dude... there seem to be just as many new players new as old and by doing what you suggest kills whatever economy we have on this server.... I understand what you are saying but your idea is just plain stupid... best idea if you want it rare replace the sls with gsoa... but even that is dumb ... there should be no talk about this until t10 comes out... this is no longer hunters server so take that in mind.

here is some history for you..
 in the 4 years i've been playing here there has been many people like you "stuff is to easy" blah blah blah

lets go over some things

war bp nerf= half server pop leaves
orig uw nerf= half server pop gone
2nd uw nerf 1/4th server leaves
dru skin= 1/4 of server leaves

ok here's the deal things are set the way they are and have been active for about a year in the current state.. by changing things now you are saying hey anyone new here fuck you we dont give a shit if you want to stay or not .

personally i like playing and i dont want this server to drop so akk decides to pull the plug...

so here is the BEST way to fix it ... new content... make new UW so horrible to get noone wants to get it... or just stop it at xi and let everyone get it and be equal and maybe in a few tiers up it?

stop your whining about howeasy shit is or just quit and go somewhere else. the server is very alive right now i'm logging in seeing 400+ on almost every day... what you are saying is what has killed the pop every other time on this server.

there are many different types of players and you cant cater to them all however at this point you are either new or old ... if you are old you are maxing yourself out so you go back and do whaty ou need to do or you are starting out and you either have help or you dont... making shit harder for new pople is just going to make them not want to play (like it did to me when i orignally started playing) so you are left with a handful of new players and all the old people who either farm out for there group or quit playing waiting for new content... put some thought into the things you suggest and look at it from more thatn ohh well it's to easy for me so fuck everyone else... fuck the server fuck it all ... because basically you will end up killing the eco on this server that suffers as it is.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:53:16 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 05:45:21 pm »

I will likely bust up Dranik into three separate mini dungeons for sake of simplicity. It appears that it has been giving people fits for too long.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 06:00:56 pm »

I would like to throw my support behind the idea of SLS farming being a 71+ level restricted zone with BLUE mobs for xp while you farm SLS's

I would like to see a more flat/open zone for SLS farming with all mobs being able to drop, instead of wasting 98% of the zone's mobs that don't drop anything of use

I would think a good rate for SLS farming would be 4 per hour with good farming or something in that area.

this would do 2 things,

1. take out the lvl 50 botter toon, by proving that a toon has intention of progression.
2. give incentive to sls farmers by giving a minimal xp bonus while farming
3. with a flatter, more open zone take out the warping/running through hills, up in trees, stuck in rocks effect that Jaggedpine is prone to

Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 06:15:40 pm »

Not to dump any more work on our overworked Dev.... but what about an SLS farming zone that scales to lvl like the haloween zones did?  Not sure how hard that is to implement.... but that would at least give an  xp return, and maybe even have the other world drops, ie unicorn poop and GSoA drop there too... and yah, would be nice if all mobs could drop, not just picking out the wisps from the other 90% of mobs in the zone... or... have it be an all wisp orgy zone... 
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 07:01:19 pm »

Not to dump any more work on our overworked Dev.... but what about an SLS farming zone that scales to lvl like the haloween zones did?  Not sure how hard that is to implement.... but that would at least give an  xp return, and maybe even have the other world drops, ie unicorn poop and GSoA drop there too... and yah, would be nice if all mobs could drop, not just picking out the wisps from the other 90% of mobs in the zone... or... have it be an all wisp orgy zone... 

Scaling zone is something I had considered but disregarded, before the Halloween zone was built. Maybe I should/could reconsider. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 07:06:44 pm »

I am going to ignore all the stupid I have seen in these posts and just give you all my 2 cents..take it or not...

For the love of god no berries for anything... I haven't set foot in a mini for months...they are horrible and i don't give a shit if I never get over hatestomp1.

I could tone that down some and try not to offend anyone but we are all grown ups.

Tradeing T7 armor drops for sls* has been trademarked ... and yes just trading t7 and t8 drops I made piles of SLS and helped dozens of players gear up.....all you other bitches need to find a new line. Smiley

I find that Farming them in T9 is fine and I can get between 7 and 12 a day and that more than meets any need I may have for them.

If you implement the changes then players should receive 1 no drop sls from the level up wench per teir that they can then use to get 1 strike aug as a leg up for dps in the new level once they got a few essence and whatever.    This is a great idea and I would like to pretend that it is mine.

I really don't think that the SLS systems needs a massive overhaul but if You insist on doing it..
1. add the bad ass SLS boss back as random pop(increase supply)
2. Make the actual SLS that drop from wisps and the boss wisp nodrop.(reduce supply)
3. Reduce the amount of SLS needed for combines (reduce demand)
4. Reduce the drop rate of SLS components (GLS) (reduce Supply)

Ok so you have now made it easier for the upper teir to get the sls we need...but we cant sell them
you have reduced demand and supply in accordance with each-other so the market should be stable and yet reduced so flooding the market with 30000 farmed sls would be obvious and most likely a waste of time.
lower tier people would not be able to sell the sls they need to make that strike aug...but would be able to sell some on the now reduced market for a good price.

think it over.... like it or hate it....

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 07:31:08 pm »

war bp nerf= half server pop leaves

Its been stated many times, but people refuse to believe it: not nerf, correction. Hunter stated point blank how the BP was working wasnt as he'd intended, but he missed that it was broken. I still remember him accusing like half the server of cheating because they never told him. THAT, more than the nerf, is what made people leave. And as for half the server....no, sorry. Not even half the players who were top tier at the time. And of the people who DID leave the majority came back within weeks and quit their whining and played.

orig uw nerf= half server pop gone

Hard nerf, but if you're at all honest you'll admit that it was needed. UW as it was at that point was ridiculously overpowered. Yeah, Hunter got pissed and nerfed the hell out of it....but of the people who DID leave (again, half is a massive overstatement) most came back soon after, and most admitted the UW changes not only made sense but that things were working better.

2nd uw nerf 1/4th server leaves

Ahh, the HP/resist nerf. yeah, painful....and at first confusing. But once you figured things out, and after listening to feedback and adjusting the changes, they made sense...and again, most stated that things were better AFTER the changes than they were before. And, again, you are exaggerating the hell out of the negative response. Some left, yes, but most came back very soon after.

dru skin= 1/4 of server leaves

Odd.....I dont remember many at all leaving when drake was last changed. Regardless, the changes were needed, and MANY players now agree drake needs to be looked at.

I'm not saying SLS are too easy. I'm saying the system is being abused...and I'm right. Hate's ban numbers alone should prove this. What Hate's asking for is ideas to prevent this, and thats what we're suggesting.

As for your reply about essences, maybe I'm not reading his right (hard to understand some of your post) but I think you misunderstood what I was suggesting. I wasnt suggesting removing essences for strikes, SoA or mana necks....just for UW. This wasnt an attempt to make the game harder for starting players, but rather EASIER for them. You say you havent seen issues with starting players and essences....and you're right. Now. But thats only because a lot of us spent time proving the numbers to Admin after seeing new players spend literally WEEKS just getting enough CT essences to make starter augs for 4 boxes (back in the days of 5 CT clears for 1 essence if you were lucky).

The point is that if you try to throttle UW difficulty by adjusting essence drop rate it has an adverse effect on newer players who havent even considered doing a UW...and that it would make more sense to separate them. But as I'd stated in my first post, I doubt I'll ever convince management of this idea.

I have seen very very few changes on this server that in the long run have been a bad thing. Most have been good changes. Some required adjustment, yes, but all the changes you pointed out that supposedly drove away players, in the opinion of MANY, eventually made this server a better place to play.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 07:32:49 pm »

For the love of god no berries for anything... I haven't set foot in a mini for months...they are horrible and i don't give a shit if I never get over hatestomp1.

I cant agree with this enough. Maybe if the system were actually fixed I might view it differently....but I'd prefer to never set foot in the minis again.....to the point that I've not even tried the T7 mini, nor do I plan to.

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »

Think simplest solution has been presented. Either world drop like gsoa's or t9 has a mob give a scaled down version in each tier with a chance to spawn like CT.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 08:12:10 pm »

GSOA are not world drop...

lets take a poll how many had droped in t9?

so far after months of killing in t9 I am at a grand total of ZERO

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 08:38:33 pm »

They drop in T9, it's just that the rate they do drop is incredibly small.  T9 probably is one of the zones with the highest sustainable kill rate because of the density of mobs, open space of the zone and 20min or so respawn timer but the drop rate sucks there.  I've had 3 drop in T9 ever, just to clarify my experiences and have been doing T9 since it's original, pre-tuned release.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 09:12:02 pm »

Balidet. Stupid to you but makes sense to others. This is a suggestion thread and comments like that are what makes ppl not want to post. That post could be a logical post that everyone could agree on but we won't see. Keep that in mind please.

I don't remember why SLS were implemented in the first place. Was it just a filler? I remember when and the 50k price tag but don't remember why.

Keeze
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 10:03:07 pm »

was on a cell phone...

My point is every time any kind of suggestion is made about changing something you are always on here flaming about how this doesn't suite your needs. in some way shape or form.. dude shut up if you aren't happy playing here then leave... there is plenty of farm on this server and to change it now after how long of being the way it is stupid. you change it in further content. ess drop rates are fine. there are stall zones.

this post is about sls not ess and YOU had to bring up ess for uw cause you don't like the way it works.

my point is the economy on this server is horrible at best and what you are even suggestion makes the only thing people would be selling and buying are gsoa and poop... that is all there is no need for anything for most people who play now.

really dude if you aren't happy with the way the server is running (event though were about to break into the 10th content release) then leave.
Progression servers are meant to get easier as you go back into the earlier content.

and i'm not saying that some of those "nerfs" weren't needed but what you are suggesting isnt needed.

war bp was screwed up by hate not understanding the dynamics of riposte but instead of fixing it they just removed the whole effect

dru skin was actually less "immunity" in it's old state

uw proc click removal was dumb and took almost a year to "fix"

uw hp was needed for balancing yes

my point is how many people have uw's and you want to change it in old content... change it in new content let people get to the point where they can enjoy new content without having so many people bitch it gets changed (i.e. hates orig t9 release{which seemed like it was more challenging than what people bitched to get it changed to})

either you enjoy playing here or you don't. if you aren't happy start your own suggestion thread on the changes you would like to seek instead of turning everyone elses into your own agenda
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 194